[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I haven't been to school in three years and had a terrible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

I haven't been to school in three years and had a terrible SAT score and GPA. Will retaking the SAT after studying for a few months, hoping to get something like a 2200+, impress any universities enough to disregard my 3 year old GPA and old SAT score? With my scores, (1590/2400 SAT and 2.8 GPA), I really can't get into anywhere good.
>>
>>17319223
Ivy level (yale, stanford, columbia), no
State schools and some lesser private universities, probably.
>>
>>17319223
Unless you substantially improve your knowledge, studying to retake exams is pointless, and you'll most likely score around the same anyways.

Generally, your GPA and SAT is valid for X number of years before you have to retake or take a compass exam which determines if you need to take any remedial courses, so either way you will get placed AT level and not above.

Your best bet for better universities is going state for an AS/BS and transferring out with a high GPA. State universities, that I am aware of, don't have GPA requirements.
>>
Why not go to community college for 2 years, save some money earning the credits for your degree, and then your SAT score becomes irrelevant and your CC gpa will do the talking for you?
>>
>>17319223
I got into college with a 2.0 GPA and a 19 act score lol. I was athlete, but not in basketball, soccer, football, or baseball. I graduated with a 3.20 and currently getting my masters with a 3.8. I was super lazy in hs and never did homework or try on tests. I almost dropped out.

You might need to go to a cc/junior college first
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.