[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>make lots of money >get a poor gf >tell her she dosen't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

>make lots of money
>get a poor gf
>tell her she dosen't need to work and spoil her
>have her pass up any opportunities that come to her
>when she wants to marry, tell her she can either get a preenup or be a forever girlfriend
>by this point she's completely dependent on me and even if she gets bored she has to stay there and be a good wife because there's nowhere else for her
Is this the only way to not end up divorced
>>
You're fucked mate. Why not just marry a chick that's not a lazy shit. Hell, my girlfriend will probably make more than me on paper in 5 years. And just get the prenup regardless
>>
>>17311394
any self-respecting girl that understands the risks of becoming completely dependent on you would continue to pursue a career.

if this is your goal then seek out a young, dumb slut and just pump and dump when she gets too old. replace with a new one. you're not looking for a wife.
>>
>>17311394
I don't think you understand what a prenup is. Also, you forgot all about alimony.
>>
>>17311394
I think your insecurity of her leaving in the first place made you think having her dependent on you to survive was a good thing. Bad choice.

You don't need a prenup to sue the fucking out of some controlling piece of shit.
>>
Depending on what State/Country you're in, chances are 99% of even the most airtight prenups get thrown out.
So good luck with that mate.
>>
File: 1386498370761.png (441KB, 458x598px) Image search: [Google]
1386498370761.png
441KB, 458x598px
>>17311394

>Is this the only way to not end up divorced

You're not looking for a wife, you're looking for a dog. Treating the person you're supposed to spend and share your life with like a parasitic commodity that needs to be emotionally and financially trapped into obedience is some straight retard level thinking, bruh.

Either you're trying to be the edgiest summerfag in summer camp or /r9k/ has turned your brain into a ball of wet napkins.

Get a dog.
>>
>>17311493
You will regret those words when your wife divorces you and takes your shit.
>>
>>17311499

>You will regret those words when your wife divorces you and takes your shit.

I'd rather lose half of my shit then commit myself to spending my life with someone I don't trust or regard higher than a house pet. That's some really sad shit. Marriage may be a simple business arrangement to you and your /r9k/ aficionados but to the rest of the functional adult world it means slightly more.

Also, considering 90% of the people here are basement dwellers and adolescent red pillers, I don't see how losing half of your hentai mags and the car your mom bought you is that big of a deal.
>>
>>17311508
>but to the rest of the functional adult world it means slightly more.

Where? I have not met a single person that thinks that way, and I work in a corporate environment with a lot of rich fags, man and woman.

Marriage is a straight fucking scam for men. Especially if you have kids.
>>
She would stay with you but she'd also have a lot of side dick and entertainment.
>>
>>17311394
>Is this the only way to not end up divorced
No, the only way to avoid divorce is to avoid marriage, which is a better idea than what you're talking about.
>>
>>17311517

>I have not met a single person that thinks that way

If you haven't met anyone in a happy marriage who doesn't think marriage is a scam then you and everyone you know is an asshole.

Outside of your insulated bubble of anger and shitposting there is a magical world called adulthood where intimacy and commitment aren't crazy concepts made up by women trying to steal your money, but an actual reality.
>>
>>17311543
I rarely post, stop assuming shit about my "isolated bubble", I lurk 99% of the time.

And yeah some of them may be assholes, but their happy assholes. There are a few guys/girls at my work that are married. They always seem happy for a while, then it goes downhill, and they're fucking miserable.

Nothing lasts. And the astronomical divorce rate in the U.S. reflects that. Everyone knows someone in a miserable marriage, or someone that recently left one.
>>
>>17311555

>I rarely post

The frequency of your post has nothing to do with the shit content of said post.

>stop assuming shit about my "isolated bubble"

You live in bubble. In this bubble everyone agrees with you. Next.

>There are a few guys/girls at my work that are married. They always seem happy for a while, then it goes downhill, and they're fucking miserable.

Again, I'm not sure what planet you live on but I know tons of people in happy marriages. You're speaking in absolutes and it doesn't make sense because, again, outside of your isolated bubble there are a lot of people in happy marriages and a lot of people who still believe in the institution of marriage.

I'm not even that pro-marriage, I just think you're absolute statements about how EVERYONE who gets married is miserable and EVERY marriage is a scam is fucking stupid because if I stayed in my house my entire life and claimed that the planet was only as big as the shit I see out of my window that wouldn't make me informed, that would make me an uninformed asshole. You know, kind of like you.

>Nothing lasts.

Your shitty, nihilistic attitude will destroy every good thing in your life, sooner or later. I feel very sorry for you and hope that you pull your head out of the hopeless chasm of your ass sometime soon.
>>
>>17311555
This and the fact that in most states 60-70% of the time, the divorces are filed by women, make me extremely skeptical of this mythical happy marriage.
>>
>>17311570
Point to one thing that lasts in life? Literally nothing. ESPECIALLY marriage, and doubly so if you live in the U.S.

You will NOT be happily married for any significant amount of time. You can sugar coat it all you want, but that is the truth. Yes, some people make it work. But are they always happy about it? No.

I asked my grandparents how they did it (married 51 years), and went so long without cheating on each other, or causing some catastrophic rift. They fucking laughed at me and said every couple will cheat on one another at some point, and every couple will nearly ruin things, and if you resign yourself to being married for any length of time, you have to be ready to face the fact that its going to fucking suck, and that sentiment has been shared by every single married person I've ever spoken to.

I'm quite happy with my life, and I don't need marriage to achieve that, and the fact that you think I'm "hopeless" because I think marriage is a scam shows just how much of a sheltered disney land world you live in.
>>
>>17311589
Yeah, its pretty naive to think there are marriages out there where everyone is perfectly happy and nothing is wrong. Even the seemingly most happiest of married couples have massive issues behind closed doors.

The divorce rate in the United States is absolutely astronomical. With the vast majority of the divorces being filed by women. And its also safe to assume that in a majority of those cases, the woman walked away much better off than the guy because of how our court system works. And if you're a guy and don't want to get raped by the court, then prepare to get raped by a divorce attorney's fees.

The whole system is undeniably and blatantly rigged at this point. Why risk taking the chance?
>>
>>17311555
I've been married almost 15 years. It's still goat. You just have to both be mature, a good fit, psychologically healthy, discuss every contingency, and keep the sex alive. Most people are just too selfish, and the current divorce rate isn't as high as you all think it is.
>>
>>17311617
Its pretty fucking high. The estimate is about 30%-ish of marriages end in divorce. Depending on state. Some states for whatever reason have much larger divorce rates, and others lower. Because of different divorce laws.

But it depends on how you categorize the divorce, which leads to different types of statistics, and a lot of argument over which is the most accurate. The only thing we know 100% is that the vast majority of the time, its the woman filing, and marriages between between people who both at least have some college degree last significantly longer.

There is of course the strange one off type shit statistics too, like couples who both smoke are at like a 20% increased chance to divorce compared to a couple where neither of them smoke.
>>
>>17311572
This is partly because more women experience abuse than men, and partly because men don't like to talk about feelings or real issues, so they tell the bitch to quit nagging, and resentment grows inside her until she is just DONE or because some men are just content to have a woman at home cleaning and cooking for him while he goes out and does whatever, if he isn't happy in the marriage it's cheaper to keep her, so they just live like roommates because it's the easiest thing to do, until she files for divorce. Men go out and play gold and have poker nights and late nights at the office while the woman is home 90% of the time with the kids, and then fucking wonder why she wants out.
>>
Marriage is fucking work. It takes work on both ends. Do you guys have set expectations for what she is going to contribute if she isn't working? Why is the rich/poor thing such an important dichotomy? Did you encourage her to pass up said opportunities, or did she do it freely? You're not giving me much to work with OP.

I've been married for quite a while, and I don't have a "traditional job," but I am actively pursuing an art based career and finding success as a writer. It took several years and negotiations, my husband takes care of most of the bills and I keep the house clean, have fresh dinner most nights cooked for him, and actively work on short stories/novels/etc for submission. I make more than enough to support spending that doesn't benefit both of us, and he makes enough to cover the bills and get some into savings, so it works for us.

At first, I took as many opportunities as I could to work within my field, often accepting publication at smaller publishers that didn't pay to gain exposure. I explained that this was a part of the process and he accepted this. If she isn't pursuing SOMETHING, why is that, because of her, or because of you?

Marriages can work, if both people are willing to work to make them work. One side expecting the other to handle everything, read their minds, or generally to be the only one making effort is the downfall of most marriages. Communication is everything, and if you don't understand someone's motives, the only way to find out is to ask. If blame pops up, try to address it fairly. If both sides aren't willing to take responsibility for both fuck-ups and successes, it isn't going to work, and every relationship that they have isn't going to work either. People expect fairy-tale endings, and life doesn't work that way. If it weren't for the level of communications that my husband and I have maintained from the get-go, we would not have lasted through the many trials we have gone through.
>>
>>17311394
The fuck is wrong with you
>>
>>17311641
>TLDR; Made up bullshit
>>
Nearly all marriages fail, this isn't even a question or something than can be debated. The reason the divorce rate is only 20-30% based on state is because its only measured annually. AKA "x amount of people still married this year, y amount divorced" That isn't a flat out statistic to show that you have a 70-80% chance of you're marriage not failing, its just telling you how many % of the total were divorced during that period of time in that area. Which is frightening to consider.

But over the last 10 years, divorce rates have actually lowered. Not much, but they have. The strange thing though, as the anons above mentioned, the % of women filing compared to men has been dramatically rising, at least in the U.S.

Time to hop on the disney princess express.
>>
>>17311670
>>17311658
>>17311647
I direct you here: >>17311645
>>
>>17311658
Just experience, of the dozens and dozens of marriages I've seen bite the dust. It's usually dying a slow death for a year or two, man refuses therapy, refuses to get help for drinking problem, refuses to grow up and be an adult, and the woman finally calls it quits. When the men file, it's usually because he married a ho who can't stop hoing
>>
>>17311672
>one experience rules out all statistical analysis

No. What she said was correct, but it doesn't change the reality of things.
>>
>>17311670
Fucking this. I've heard so many dumbasses say "its not that high its only 30 or so percent!"

then watch their face as you explain it stays a steady 30% year to year, and that 30% isn't a life time record statistic. Every single year, the newly re calculated divorce rate, NOT taking into account the previous year, it stays 30%. Meaning year to year, 30% of the states married population ends in a divorce.

Fuck that shit. I'll just keep dating random girls.
>>
>>17311676
I think the reality of things results from people being unwilling to try, communicate, and follow through with the solutions they come up with. In bygone eras where divorce was frowned on, much more effort was made to co-exist. Divorce, for better or for worse, is used as a control method nowadays, and it isn't just the men that are affected. I make more than my husband, I'd be fucked if he left me and took half my shit. But we work our shit out, because it means that much to us. What she said is absolutely true.
>>
>>17311394
This thread is making me sad.
>>
>>17311673
You just slapped the blame for women initiating divorces on men based on your personal anecdotes. Keep your shit opinions to yourself.
>>
>>17311394

You may not get a divorce, but she can and will make your life a living hell.

Why would you even want to do this?
>>
>>17311708
If everyone did that there would be zero posts on this board. Why you so salty?
>>
>>17311394
Your little mind games you play on people are disgusting, man.

You sound like a legit sociopath.
>>
>>17311394
She'll just say she signed the prenup under duress. Don't want divorce, don't get married.
>>
>>17311394
Unless she is a naturally submissive person or just doesn't have ambition as long as her physical needs are met, your situation is not secure against divorce at all, it's probably more likely to cause divorce as it seems like an entirely one-sided relationship.

She will resent you within 10 years, maybe 20 depending on how old she is and how much fun/wealth you provide. But once the resentment hits, you'll be divorced just the same. Or if she is too comfortable with the standard of living you provide her to divorce you, she'll just make your life hell with passive-aggressive bullshit.
>>
>>17311641
No it's just because women have every fucking incentive to start a divorce because it all benefits them.
>>
>>17311394
This is a tactic that men have employed for centuries. Perfectly valid, but you are definitely a scumbag.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.