[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this legit gender discrimination?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: question-questions_answers_5[1].jpg (184KB, 1000x756px) Image search: [Google]
question-questions_answers_5[1].jpg
184KB, 1000x756px
I'm looking for a shitty minimum wage job this summer for extra college $ and I called a place that advertised they were hiring and a woman (of course) answered and said they were only hiring women. It's at a restaurant I go to pretty regularly and I see male cashiers there all the time. I suspect it's just that the employee who answered is just some chick doesn't want dudes working with her so I will go in in person and ask if they are hiring tomorrow.

Is it legal for them to only hire female cashiers? If not, what should I do?
>>
Please respond brehs
>>
stop being a pussy and apply somewhere else if they don't want you
>>
>>17310634
its not legal record the conversation and sue there's your extra college money
>>
They'll just want a balance of different staff, it won't be because someone already on staff has a problem working with men. Welcome to the world of positive discrimination, where white men are unfairly disadvantaged because their grandparents were unfairly advantaged.
>>
>>17310702
I'm black; however, they wouldn't be able to tell from my voice because all of my friends say I sound "white" (i.e. educated)

>>17310687
Where would the world be right now if we all turned a blind eye to injustice!

>>17310692
Sarcasm aside, is this actually a practical (not time/money consuming) way to get money?
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 512x288px
Reminds me of the KotH episode where Dale applies to work at Hooters so that he can sue for discrimination when they turn him down, but he gets hired instead.
>>
>>17310722
The position they're hiring for might be something generally female specific like being a hostess or something. That's almost always a woman. I don't think I've ever been to a restaurant where the person seating me wasn't a woman.
>>
>>17310692
Why hasn't Hooters been sued then?
>>
>>17310746
They were.
http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/04/21/texas-man-settles-discrimination-lawsuit-against-hooters-for-not-hiring-male.html
>>
>>17310743
Nah, the restaurant is a fast food place akin to McDonalds, Panda Express, etc. No servers or anything like that. Just some cashiers, some cooks, a manager, and probably someone that cleans up
>>
>>17310750
They actually settled with him. Holy shit. This is America guys.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.