[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there some kind of a rulebook for social skills somewhere?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
Is there some kind of a rulebook for social skills somewhere?

I'm 22 and no matter how many social situations I end up in, I've never figured out how to not offend people.
>>
pls respond

I pissed off a friend today by ordering her food she didn't want and it made me realise just how fucking bad I am at doing people things.
>>
File: 1448679612098.gif (2MB, 440x248px) Image search: [Google]
1448679612098.gif
2MB, 440x248px
>>17310597
I write it down if someone wants me to get them food

So they know exactly what they're getting to avoid stuff like that
>>
>>17310539
i more or less never offend people. i think its just obvious. im socially retarded in other ways though.
>>
>>17310539

google 'books about socializing'
>>
File: 1457250108303.gif (1020KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1457250108303.gif
1020KB, 500x373px
>>17310539
all you need is the bible.
>>
>>17310539
I'm assuming there are good guides online with pointers for people with Aspergers. google it
>>
File: ba0055_enlarge.jpg (873KB, 725x1093px) Image search: [Google]
ba0055_enlarge.jpg
873KB, 725x1093px
>>17310539
>Pic related
>>
>>17310539

your tone leads me to think that your sense of empathy may be a couple degrees off (not for want of trying.)

whats your background and upbringing, briefly?
>>
>>17310602
the thing is, I was out with 4 friends (Red, Blue, Stacy and Stacy's boyfriend for clarity) and we decided to get something to eat. Since Blue is a picky eater, we were split between 2 options of places that had things she could eat: a proper diner and a fast food place. Stacy didn't want fast food and I agreed with her, despite of Red protesting that she couldn't afford anything in the proper place, since she's on disability and you can't live off that.

So we went there and everyone ordered food except for Red who just ordered the fries (the cheapest thing they had), so I ordered a vegetarian thing for two, as Red is a vegetarian.

When the food came I tried to offer her the other plate of mine and she stared at me like death, told me she didn't agree to it and won't touch it. So she just angrily picked at her fries while I did my best to eat a senseless amount of vegetarian tortillas.

In hindsight, I really should have asked her but I figured it'd be obnoxious to draw attention to it. So I spent a good chunk of money on a nice gesture, feel sick, and she's probably mad at me. And she doesn't forgive people.
>>
>>17310661
>>17310650

I doubt those are any good since this thread keeps repeating itself in various forms.

Socializing is like THE core problem of /adv/ and we still don't have anything beyond self-help books peddled by con men.
>>
>>17310676
>I was out with 4 friends (Red, Blue, Stacy and Stacy's boyfriend for clarity) and we decided to get something to eat. Since Blue is a picky eater, we were split between 2 options of places that had things she could eat: a proper diner and a fast food place. Stacy didn't want fast food and I agreed with her, despite of Red protesting that she couldn't afford anything in the proper place, since she's on disability and you can't live off that.

Dick move on all your parts, especially if Red's so low on income that they're getting straight welfare, but you still had them coming along. what follows is cause/effect.

>So we went there and everyone ordered food except for Red who just ordered the fries (the cheapest thing they had), so I ordered a vegetarian thing for two, as Red is a vegetarian.

>When the food came I tried to offer her the other plate of mine and she stared at me like death, told me she didn't agree to it and won't touch it. So she just angrily picked at her fries while I did my best to eat a senseless amount of vegetarian tortillas.

All of you just made it more of an issue that their financial world is seriously restricted with all of your insensitivity. You all should have offered to cover Red for forcing the issue to goto another place, and not as an afterthought when you're AT the place but back when deciding where to go,"I understand your concerns, so how about we do this" to acknowledge them and what was important to them.

>In hindsight, I really should have asked her but I figured it'd be obnoxious to draw attention to it. So I spent a good chunk of money on a nice gesture, feel sick, and she's probably mad at me.And she doesn't forgive people.

that last one is her problem, you can't fix that.

but people like her who probably have many other sensitive life issues, beyond living on welfare, do NOT like being thought of as accessory, burden, afterthought, or only worth minimal consideration to the group. They get bitter very quickly
>>
>>17310694
She's on disability for mental issues since her mom hit her and shit. Stacy and her boyfriend are the only ones in the group who don't have mental issues of some sort (treated/diagnosed or not) and at the moment I'm the only one not really living hand-to-mouth.

Red passive-aggressively followed us to the diner, and I didn't hear about the money thing before we were seated.
>>
>>17310827
>living hand to mouth
>eating at diners
>>
>>17310862
I don't judge my friends' lifestyles, and they don't judge me for being an awkward sperg fuck.
>>
File: 1443209123643.jpg (104KB, 701x907px) Image search: [Google]
1443209123643.jpg
104KB, 701x907px
>>17310898
The difference is you can learn to be less sperg

They're likely to be retards for the rest of their lives

>being a vegetarian
>>
>>17310661
This book's the shit. Read it if you're socially awkward, it'll help you if you actually attempt the things in it.
>>
>>17310677
What more do you want? What more can the world do, other than books, videos, and classes? Do you want a VR experience or something? YOU guys have to take the first step. The reason why these threads keep repeating is because most people don't like to be put out of their comfort zone. Listening to what the books or videos are saying is too hard for some people's mindsets. Sometimes, it's because those books just can't apply to their situation/mindset. Even so, what more can we do? Write more books? Make more videos? Take advice from other socially awkward people?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.