[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone meditate on /adv/? I tried it once or twice and

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Does anyone meditate on /adv/?

I tried it once or twice and noticed immediate clarity in thinking and feel it definitely helped me, but for some reason I just can't bring myself to try it again or do it regularly.

I work out every few days and I'm not a waste of space, but for some reason just sitting on my arse for 20 minutes and sorting my head out seems to be extremely difficult for me and I have no fucking idea why.

Thoughts/feedback?
>>
>>17307075

becuase you dont really want to do it. you like the idea of it, and can notice its benefits, but there are other things youd rather do. its like working out. you feel great after, yet many people still refuse to do it for more than a few weeks. or eating healthy. or anything really.

its easier to succumb to other things.

i basically meditate my own way in the shower. i just sit down, get into a fetal position and just think for a half hour. seems to fix me.
>>
Meditation is just masturbation. It doesn't do anything. Just have a wank and a glass of wine.

You don't want to do it for 20 minutes every day because you could literally be doing anything else and it would be more productive.
>>
File: breatheAware_gif-01_buyalex.gif (340KB, 544x474px) Image search: [Google]
breatheAware_gif-01_buyalex.gif
340KB, 544x474px
I found it to be helpful, but I can't do twenty minutes at a stretch. I started with four minutes, then slowly worked my way up to ten; on good days, sometimes I 'll do two sessions.

This is the (free) time I use, but there are a lot of them out there:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/enso-meditation-timer-bell/id840637879?mt=8
>>
>>17307119
*timer
>>
>>17307075
https://www.amazon.com/Meditation-Now-Never-Steve-Hagen/dp/0061143294

This book is good. You basically just have to do it and overcoming the difficulty is growth.
>>
File: 1467157145310.jpg (96KB, 543x799px) Image search: [Google]
1467157145310.jpg
96KB, 543x799px
>>17307092
Nailed it, thanks.

It's like anything else, if I don't set aside time and effort and force myself til it's habit then I'm just going to half-ass it and gain nothing.

I guess I knew this already but much obliged
>>
I tried a few times before I realized being absorbed in something like reading or drawing has the same effect and better returns.
>>
File: oXRmvsF.jpg (116KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
oXRmvsF.jpg
116KB, 640x640px
>>17307153
I remember watching Dragons Den or something many years ago and hearing that they all read large amounts in their spare time and later found it was quite prevalent in rich people realms. It makes sense when you think about it; you're gaining perspective, lexicon, literary skills and more, you're gaining meditation/centred focus/etc and you're gaining knowledge on whatever subject you're reading about.

Reading is another thing I need to form habits around and regularly do.
>>
just do zazen meditation, it's what i do every now and then and seems to work for me.
literally just breath, and every exhale count, until you get to 10, then start over at 1.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.