[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Advice on dealing with shitty friends.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg (5KB, 252x161px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nsx6sgGNwP1udwanoo1_400.jpg
5KB, 252x161px
So here's the story, I grabbed the opportunity to make a few bones and get my hands on cool music gear, but in order to move it I needed a car. I asked my friend for a hand, since he had a car, and I thought he'd be cool with helping me. I was planning on making some cash as well, and thought since he was helping me I'd throw him some a nice chunk of the cut for being a friend. Turns out this guy was accepting fifty percent, and I had to give him a pair of the speakers I wanted in order for him to feel fair. Somehow in my beta-ness I gave into him, but now I'm pissed, and I want the speakers back from this ungrateful shit. I've tried talking to him, sharing my experience of the events that happened and how he wasn't be a friend. He just shrugs quietly.

We got an email from one of the orgs at my school saying we took some stuff that didn't belong to us. He offered to return the speakers to them, though I have another pair of speakers which are probably the ones they want. I told him since he was going to give the speakers back anyway he might as well give them to me since I gave them to him under false pretenses. He says he won't do it. This guy is a total stoner chill bro, but when I call him out for being greedy and untrustworthy he just shrugs and tells me I'm insulting him. This is not the first time I've had to deal with guys like this.

Did I mention I saw him with my ex, less than a month after our break-up. Less than three days after I opened up to this guy about my break-up. He didn't say a thing. Telling me I was jealous.

Anon, I need to save face and stand up for myself. I need those speakers back and I need to show this rich asshole that you can't treat your friends like this. I don't want to fight him, or do anything illegal. I'm just sick of having to meditate on my breath every time I think about it. How do I convince him to return what he hustled me for? How do I stand up for myself and make him feel like the mercenary he really is?
>>
>>17306696

>gave them to him under false pretenses
>behavior intended to deceive others

he sounds kinda shitty but so do you. i dont think you guys are friends at all. just two dudes who know each other.

burn it to the ground and move on.
>>
Once you give someone sonething, it is their belonging.

You don't get to choose what they do with their belongings.

He shrugs because your regretful choice was still yours and you need to deal with that.

You sound like a good guy, but maybe just cut out some of these obviously greedy people from your life.

Any good friend would've just given you a ride without wanting anything in return.

Cheers pal
>>
>>17306696
ITT you are the shitty friend. you realize this, right? have that guy post in this thread so we can give him advice on how to deal with you.
>>
>>17306696
No take backs, stick to your word. If you feel he got the upper hand and he very well could have, it's because you gave it to him.

In the future, if you're trying to "make bones," don't discuss the deal with anyone other than the person paying you. You could have simply asked for his help as a friend and paid for gas and perhaps lunch, knowing that friends do things for friends and so forth. The moment you spilled the beans, you provided him with the opportunity to earn off your dealings.

If the school wants the speakers back, then you should return them, regardless of which set they want.

Never include friends in money dealings, you'll always find your true value in their eyes, and it usually isn't much, but you paid a small price to see his character for what it is.
>>
>>17306696
>Advice on dealing with shitty friends.

Get rid of them.

Also, I didn't read your post.
>>
>>17306849
Good idea, honestly.
>inb4 OP says it's more complicated than that and it's american to just drop the problem or it's unhelpful and omg y u dun help m-meh?
We've been getting these for a few days, so just warning you that this will happen
>>
>We got an email from one of the orgs at my school saying we took some stuff that didn't belong to us. He offered to return the speakers to them, though I have another pair of speakers which are probably the ones they want.
Stealing audio equipment from schools? You're a real piece of shit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.