[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morning /b/. I have a problem. I work at a boy scout camp (my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Morning /b/.
I have a problem.

I work at a boy scout camp (my area pictured above.) We are plagued by rats. We call them "disappearing nigger rats" because they are jet black rats that move at ludicrous speeds and seem to disappear. We thought we caught all the mice because the traps stopped being triggered and food stopped vanishing. We let our guard down. How foolish of us. We had won the battle, but the war had just begun. I walked down from breakfast this morning and found the boor to out backroom ajar. As i drew near, a blur of black shot from the opening and left into the woods. I entered the back room fearing the worst and found it. All the food we left out was covered in rat shit. These little buggers dont go for baited mice traps, so how do i genocide them?
>>
Rat poison.
>>
Why dont you just take the rats and push them somewhere else?
>>
>>17306539
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=mouse+bucket+trap
those work really well, just don't forget to add water or soap water so that they can't jump out. Also use semi-chewed tootsie rolls or other chocolate candy as bait.
>>
>>17306543
We can't do rat poison, administration won't let us. We have to have to food for cooking merit badge and if a kid gets sick, we'd be fired
>>
>>17306539
Call an exterminator. They are most likely living directly under that foundation and you will never get rid of them with your "traps."

Google it, it's a real problem.
>>
>>17306550
We got a mouse that way last week, but the rats do't go for it. I think they can sense danger harry potter style
>>
>>17306539
Use peanut butter to bait them. You can use actual traps with pb on them or use those rat motel things. Also, make the traps their only available food source in order to trap them more effectively.
>>
>>17306552
There is no foundation, its a concrete slab with a pavillion on it. Our traps are mousetraps from the 80's, the kind that can break a finger.
>>
>>17306557
Forgot to add. Rats are creatures of habit so use the traps in the areas/routes they travel. They rarely run in the open, mostly along walls/paths.
>>
>>17306558
Foundation/slab, same thing... Obviously you didn't google it. They burrow directly under that, especially in wilderness settings due to increased protection and quicker access to the free meals you're providing.
>>
File: image.jpg (741KB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
741KB, 3264x2448px
>>17306561
Heres one of them
>>
File: 1383906427084.jpg (17KB, 365x385px) Image search: [Google]
1383906427084.jpg
17KB, 365x385px
>>17306539
>I work at a boy scout camp

That is a problem.
>>
>>17306569
Put a little more peanut butter on the trap. Also, those trap look old. You want to make sure the trap is hair trigger. Or buy some cats from a shelter to deal with them.
>>
>>17306583
They are hair trigger, i have more that a few buises from clumbsy handling
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.