[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is my dad being selfish or am i just unreasonable? >am 18

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Screenshot_2016-05-26-20-23-52-1.png (117KB, 1080x1587px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-05-26-20-23-52-1.png
117KB, 1080x1587px
Is my dad being selfish or am i just unreasonable?

>am 18 high school student
>brother is 22
>brother and dad fight a lot
>brother is stuggling art student and decides to live with us to save money
>dad kicks brother out for stupid reason
>fight about to ensue and brother calls cops
>dad disowns son
>not allowed to see brother
>months pass
>about to graduate
>brother snaps and texts dad vague threats
>dad texts me this

I know my dad probably didnt want to go anyway. He never went to my last concert or award ceremony. Am i wrong for calling him pathetic? Is it wrong to think he doesnt really care about me?
>>
Can't tell about the situation leading up to it because you've condensed the story so much, but if your brother is texting vague threats it makes sense your dad wouldn't go.
>>
>>17186937
Nah he doesn't wanna bring more drama especially with your bro sending threats. It would be a shit show if both of them went. Parents are people to, they have to make choices, and a lot of the times there's no right choice, just a choice.
>>
File: 38042-1.png (427KB, 1004x1707px) Image search: [Google]
38042-1.png
427KB, 1004x1707px
>>17186957
Here is what my brother sent my dad
>>
>>17186964
mate I'm sorry to tell you this but your brother is a fucking nutjob, it's a good thing that your dad kicked him out and it probably wasn't for a stupid reason.
>>
>>17186964
Your bros nuts lol I would tell him not to go and have your dad go to the graduation instead. If it's an open ceremony and your bro shows up anyway he's disrespecting your wishes.
>>
>>17186979
I know he got pushed over the edge and hes never been right.
It really was a stupid reason. My brother was parking his car at the edge of the house and my dad didnt like it cause our retarded HOA writes us up for it. My brother didn't know parking it at the far side of the house would do the same. So my dad flipped shi, thinking my brother was doing it on purpose. And the cops were called because my brother knows my dad gets violent.
>>
>>17186982
Honestly I dont want my dad to go. Hes fucked up my brothers life. I just want to know if its justified to call my dad pathetic and selfish for not going to my graduation.
>>
>>17187015
What would calling your dad names do? Would it make you feel better? Would it change him as a person? What would you gain by this? What negative consequences could this have?
>>
>>17187049
I meant would it be okay to feel that way about him. Im not saying that to his face or anyone elses.
>>
>>17187090
Well you'll feel the way you feel, you know the most about the situation. You can't look for approval from randoms for things like this.
>>
>>17187097
It would make me feel better though. I cant really talk to anyone about this. No one wants to hear about other's shitty lives.
>>
>>17187125
It totally depends on your worldview how you see other people. I'm kind of hippy but I like to practice mindfulness and see where people are coming from rather than label them in anyway. I find it more valuable to worry about how I see myself.
>>
Nah your dad's smart for kicking a toxic man out and graduating isn't a big deal anyone does it so why is yours so special, I didn't go for any of my kids cause they knew it would be a waste of time in my busy day
>>
>>17187166
My brother and dad were equally terrible. My dad a little more so.
Its terrible to say you dont care about your kids graduation. You're supposed to love them and show them you're proud of them. Not kick them to the curb.
>>
>>17187134
K.
Most people dont give a shit about other people and dont want to hear about depressing things.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.