[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Besides fucking up your lungs/liver/both, are there any other

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (485KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
485KB, 2048x1536px
Besides fucking up your lungs/liver/both, are there any other ways to make your voice lower/darker as an adult?
>>
>>17181940
Singing.

Don't fucking smoke, it's not worth the health issues. You can train your voice. There are people you can pay to teach you that.
>>
>>17181940
Vocal coaching.
>>
>>17181962
I do sing, that's why I'm asking.

I could sing Cherubino's part in Figaro's Wedding and that's not very manly.
>>
>>17181976
>that's not very manly
You don't know what being a man is if you're hung up on your voice.
>>
>>17181986
Straight savage
>>
>>17181940

practice? ive been slowly lowering my voice. most of us are trained, especially women, tp speak in a different tone.

its the reason a guy can sound like a faggot when talking to his wife but a normal guy when talking to his friends.

you just gotta aim for consistency. i started talking with a lower voice one day. friends asked if i had a sore throat. said 'yeah i think so'. and ive been using that voicde ever since. no more comments.

people wont notice more than a one off thing.
>>
>>17181986
Very cute. You get my point.
>>
Same ways you raise testosterone.
>>
>>17181989
So basically, if you wanna get taller, just walk on your toes all the time forever?

>>17181999
Wait. Testosterone works as an adult?
>>
>>17182105
>So basically, if you wanna get taller, just walk on your toes all the time forever
Did you figure there was some magic potion or something?
>>
>>17182105
>>17182255
>Voice - which actually can be trained - and physical hight are the same thing.

Pls kill urself, you fucking moron.
>>
>>17181971
This. There are specific techniques that can be taught.
>>
>>17182512
Like you can just permanently change your voice? And it won't pop right back as soon as you forget to talk with a funny voice for once?

Because that sounds like the fakest thing I've ever heard.
>>
>>17182746
No you retard. But you can train yourself to speak/ sing with a lower voice for long periods of time, like an hour or so.

As well, yes you can permanently change it, by basically constantly speaking in a different tone, but I wouldn't recommend it, since I heard it can damage your voice chords from my teacher.
>>
>>17182807
How does that work?
>>
>>17181940
I know this is anecdotal evidence, but I've been smoking for about twenty five years and I don't have a particularly low or gravely voice. When our mum was alive she couldn't distinguish my voice from my brother's (who's never smoked) voice on the phone.

>>17182105
>Wait. Testosterone works as an adult?
Do the words "anabolic steroids" mean anything to you?
>>
>>17183129
Yes, but I didn't know they can actually change your voice once you're past puberty.

Can they?
>>
>>17183129
I smoked for 15 years and it never changed my voice either. Pretty nasally and I sound like a teenager still. I smoked a pack a day. Also smoked marijuana for about 10 of those years. Voice is still practically the same.

I think you gotta smoke A LOT if you want that Tom Waits effect. At least 2-3 packs a day probably for a prolonged period of time.
>>
>>17183135
Who cares if the steroids make your voice deeper if they shrink your balls? Or give you gynecomastia (man boobs)? Or impotence? Don't forget the terrible acne. All of those things are much, much worse than having a voice that's higher than you'd like. Get some perspective.
>>
>>17183197
I'm infertile and get pimples anyway, so I don't really care.
>>
File: image.jpg (43KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
43KB, 355x355px
>>17181940
Yea, grow a pair
>>
Paid voice actor lurking here. Aside from the ways already mentioned. ..smoking drinking generally getting older, vocal training and coaching can help. Learning how sound is generated in your body can help with resonance. Another anon correctly recommends singing. Developing a wide range of vocal pitch means your vocal cords are pliable and flexible enough. In a relaxed state, your natural pitch would be lower.

For personal comparison, I smoked and drank lightly in my 20s and part way into my 30s. Doing copious amounts of VA work in the lower register changed my inflections overtime so that now I sound like I've got a sexy box of rocks in my throat that add rasp and rumble to a sometimes annoyingly deep voice. Turns out while deep dark sexy rumble voices are beautiful to tantalize people with...they are absolute shit for day to day conversations as you'll frequently have to raise your voice to be heard in normal conversations
>>
>>17184094
So it's like a muscle? You work the lower ranges a lot so they get stronger so you naturally talk lower?
>>
puberty?
>>
>>17184117
Vocal cords don't really function like a muscle. They're driven my controlling musclature, but if essence they're just good vibrating bands of connective tissue. When working on character acting, you spend a lot of time learning and training the muscles in your throat to relax to generate a lower timber voice. Relaxed vocal cords, usually require less air to generate the same sound as a higher pitch voice. After a long time, and I do mean long...we're talking years here, the natural timber of your voice will become lower. You won't find yourself with a voice like mine though. I've wrecked the shit out of my throat doing all kinds of characters and creatures, loud...soft...dying...screaming...sexy...evil...and character Foley work. There are days after a 4 to 5 hour session of making dying dragon screams and bellows that you cough blood from all the tissue damage you inflict on yourself.
>>
>>17184071
. . . of vocal chords.
>>
>>17184143
I'm 22, now what?
>>
haha! fuck that I wish, I'm a boy and I have the highest voice of all the people I know, however It has gotten me a GF so maybe that's not so bad in the end
>>
>>17181940

Meh, I just practiced speaking in a lower register for a while, and it seems to have lowered my speaking voice (day job = attorney). Another thing that helped generally was, as lame as this sounds, eliminating "youthful vernacular" from my normal speaking vocabulary.

>"so, like..."
>"yeah, no..." (god, I HATE "yeah, no" used as an agreement. "Yeah, no, he totally would."
>"umm" (just be quiet if you need to think, or just repeat a word ONCE to buy a second).

Eliminate vocal fry (look it up).
>>
>>17181940
Singing lessons. Go to a voice coach. Explain that you're not interested in singing but want to learn to lower your vocal range. They can teach you some exercises and tricks in a couple of lessons.
>>
>>17181940
get some sort of traumatic injury to the vocal chords

granted you may never talk again but it definitely works for some people - I had a teacher who had damaged his voicebox and was the deepest speaker I know.

Or just don't worry about it like a normal person
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.