[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Whenever why friend vents to me about things that are bugging

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 248Tyranitar_Dream.png (26KB, 346x409px) Image search: [Google]
248Tyranitar_Dream.png
26KB, 346x409px
Whenever why friend vents to me about things that are bugging her she always gets pissy at me for being "unsympathetic" and "invalidating her feelings" because 9 times out of 10 she's worrying about something that isn't that big of a deal and I try to calm her down by explaining that to her.

Am I doing something wrong or is she just being a bitch about it?
>>
Neither of you is right or wrong. I sympathize with both of you, actually. She needs a different confidant.
>>
>>17181387

Free tip, friendo: women normally don't want advice, they want someone to listen to them complain and agree with them they're right

This statement is also true about 99% of people that post in adv
>>
>>17181387
My friends are the same way. Are you a male or a female? I'm female and my female friends take it hard if I act neutral or realistic towards their problems. Generally, I've noticed females want full on support. But some of my friends are so whiney that I don't even think its a good idea to constantly coddle them with lies.

If you're a male, than she just wants a tissue box and stop giving her that.

In general I'd just say something like, if you want my advice, I'm going to tell you exactly what I think would be the right thing to do. Case and point.
>>
Hey OP. Sometimes people have high expectations on their loved ones and it causes them to be mad at the person because they feel let down. It isn't your fault, OP. It is your friend's.

She might be projecting her own shit tier feelings towards you, too. But, if you have understanding and explain to her how you feel, then there are two things that could happen:

She accepts your feelings and apologizes or comes to an understanding

Or

She isn't worth your time because she is using you like a punching bag.

That's all I can offer to you. I hope it helps.
>>
>Set her up with friend of mine
>They really like each other
>She goes a few days without hearing from him
>Starts freaking out
>Tell her there's nothing to freak out about, he's just a busy guy
>Literally starts screaming at me because "I'm invalidating how she feels"

I should probably tell her to just fuck off desu.
>>
>>17181393
desu she does fully admit to just wanting someone to vent to, not advice.

So does she just expect me to sit there saying "yeah that sucks" over and over again for hours?
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.