[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I think I'm in love with one of my friends. He's single,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

I think I'm in love with one of my friends. He's single, and has been for nearly 8 years now (Since he was in 9th grade from what I understand) because he spends all of his free time with his best friend, a blood cancer patient.

He has never directly said it, but I'm pretty sure that he has chosen to be alone so he can be there for his friend. He's the best person I know, and I know that he's always going to put his friend before himself. It's because of that that I worry about asking him out. I want to be there for him, and I'm ok with him not having a lot of time for me, but I really have to wonder if he would even give us a chance.

Please, if you have any thoughts, I could really use some advice.
>>
It's always hard to say with friends. Emotions can be confused or misinterpreted pretty easily just because the nature of friendship.

Personally I don't think he's been alone this long because he wants to be there for his friend. I'm sure he's caring and wants to give his friend a lot of his attention during this difficult time, but I just don't think that level of needless self sacrifice exists in reality. He still eats food, clothes himself, goes to school/work, and lives life, there's always room for romance. Do you think he's interested in you at all?
>>
>>17174300
I think he is. He doesn't literally spend every second he can with his friend, we've spent time together and he does have his own life, but we're both college students and we both have jobs, so the only time he has more than an hour or two off at a time is on the weekends, and he always goes to see his friend every weekend.

Truthfully, I don't think it's a matter of time or availability. I think his friend getting diagnosed with cancer when he was a kid emotionally wrecked him. I've known him for a few years now, and he's one of those guys that can make just about anyone laugh, but he keeps everyone at arms length. I'm no psychologist so I really have no idea what the real reason is, but I think he avoids getting close to people to avoid the pain of having to watch a 13 year old kid deal with cancer ever again.

To answer your question, I do think he's interested, I just don't think he'd ever act on it.
>>
>>17174272
Go for it faget. Ask him out.
>>
>>17174272
I think the guy you have a crush on is gay and is in love with his "best friend"
>>
>>17174620
I've caught him staring at me and other girls enough over the years to doubt that.
>>
This hits very close to home.

I haven't had a girlfriend since I was in 9th grade as well, I'm 20 now.
My brother has brain cancer and I want to be there for him, however that is not the only reason why I haven't had a girlfriend in all these years.
I find it difficult to connect with girls, we never really have anything in common, and the girls that have shown interest in me has always come off as shallow and uninteresting.
I'm also extremely self-conscious, if I get the slightest hint that I'm bothering someone I just back away, I never make moves on girls because of the same reason, I don't want to bother anyone and the idea of being in a relationship kinda scares me to be honest, I'm afraid that I'll fail to keep it up, that she'll grow bored of me, that her love will fade away and that she'll eventually leave me. I don't know if I could handle that.
After a long enough time you stop worrying about it, you learn to be alone, as sad as it sounds.

I'd give you advice but if this guy is like me, chances are that he might not be looking for a relationship right now. Show that you care about him but also give him space, show that you are likeminded and down to earth, also hint on that you are fragile as well, that you aren't perfect. If you approach him like a confident extrovert you might just scare him away.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.