[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why am I not eating? I'm 21, tall, not depressed.... just

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: george-bush-eating-corn.jpg (40KB, 600x406px) Image search: [Google]
george-bush-eating-corn.jpg
40KB, 600x406px
Why am I not eating? I'm 21, tall, not depressed.... just can't eat. it's been like 2 weeks now and don't know how I'm even still alive. It's causing me a lot of damage and I can't handle my job but I just cannot eat.
>>
this happens to me too, anon
i don't know why it happens, but you need to force yourself to eat. eat small things frequently. soon you'll get back into the swing of it.
good luck
>>
>>17170185
>Why am I not eating? I'm 21, tall, not depressed.... just can't eat.
Anorexia nervosa is one of the classic eating disorders we hear about among models. and there are a couple of other eating disorders with their own suffixes.

But just plain "anorexia" -no suffixes- also happens sometimes. It sounds like this is what you may have, though we are not qualified to diagnose. My wife gets this in winter: I'm under standing orders to not allow her to eat less often than once a day.

>it's been like 2 weeks now and don't know how I'm even still alive.
The human body can survive some 3-4 weeks without eating. It's not good for you, but it's doable. I'm assuming you're still getting water.

Start light: at this point, you'll make yourself sick if you try to start eating normally right away. Ease back into it. Doctors have a thing called the BRAT diet that they often recommend for people recovering from severe digestive trouble: Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, and Toast (I find that graham crackers work well here too). Strictly speaking this is probably not a digestive problem, but these foods were picked for easy digestion, so they should work well for recovering from a long fast too. Start with maybe one banana or a large graham cracker a day, and work your way back up.

If you can't even make yourself eat a banana, try drinking it as a plain banana smoothie: chop a banana into one-inch pieces, throw it in a blender with 6 ounces of milk and some ice, and blend it up. You seem to be able to drink things, so this would get you some nutrition: I don't recommend doing it for very long, but as a stopgap measure before moving on to solids, it may work.
>>
See a doctor and he'll give you an appetite enhancer.
>>
>>17170185
smoke some weeed hehheeee
>>
Happens to me too. A lot.

Are you nervous/anxious about something? Do you gag if you try to eat?

Try drinking fruit juices for now.
>>
Generally speaking, loss of appetite (anorexia) happens for a reason. The average well-to-do first world adult male can withstand up to a month of fasting with water if so required. If it is combined with a loss of general desire (anhedonia), then it might be a problem.

OP before you go any further with this sort of thing you have to consider the following questions:

1. Have you lost appetite for all food in general or food just within immediate reach (stuff in the fridge and pantry, the usual takeouts and eateries)

2. Can you appreciate or anticipate food that you remember to be "good" - e.g. a type of cake you like, a seasonal food attraction

3. Does this spread to any other areas - e.g. tv shows you used to watch don't interest you anymore and it's not just because the show has jumped the shark.
>>
I THINK YOU SHOULD GO TO A HOSPITAL
>>
>>17170337
tried to have food which is really nasty but not health to try and make myself eat at least something but ended up taking just a few bites before my appetite was completely gone.

As for TV shows I'm not really into anything at the moment and don't want to start something new - just been on youtube looking at games and stuff. I'm lying in bed right now just lurking in various threads and none of them interest me in the slightest. don't feel sad or depressed though which is the strangest part.
>>
>>17170384
tasty* lol, not nasty.
>>
>>17170384
Hit up a doctor. you can go a month without eating, but the permanent damage will suck. Also, don't underestimate depression. if you do, you're in for a shit time.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.