[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to live but don't know how

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: depression black hole.jpg (271KB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
depression black hole.jpg
271KB, 1600x1000px
I'm a 22 year old male who had severe depression since age 14 and schizophrenia.

The only reason I live is for my families sake. I don't want to hurt them. I've been living on sheer willpower for the last years but I don't know how long I can last.

Whenever I think I must live another 40 years or so I feel daunted.

How to stay alive?
>>
>>17165430
Move out. Get a job.

Take the burden of your mental illness away from your poor family, they must be sick and tired of you by now.
>>
>>17165447
I'm moved out but can't do a job. It took me 8 hours today to wash a single cup.
>>
>>17165430
Hang in there man. Maybe a change of environment could be good. The other anon is a bit harsh but there is truth in his words. It can be very stressful for a family to cope with a mentally ill member.

You can live your life. Depression is something that can be fixed. Schizophrenia can be managed. Maybe you don't like the idea of a psychologist shoveling meds down your throat but you could still visit a counselor and seek advice from them. Talk about things. They've trained and seen people like you, and if you're lucky, they know what they're doing and can help.

Giving up might seem tempting but what's the point? There are plenty of experiences in life. Sometimes you take the ass end of life for 10 years but it can change in days.

keep your head up
>>
>>17165468
I'm the "get a job" anon above.

> moved out

Good for you. You've impressed me by making a real effort on being independent. As for not being able to wash a cup.... Why? Let's break it down and find what you can do.
>>
>>17165468
That's pretty good news that you're moved out. Lots of people don't even do that and just sit at home in parent's house and wallow in self pity.

Why did it take you so long to wash the cup? Walk me through your thoughts, and why they stopped you from doing it.
>>
>>17165583
It's like some dark blanket sitting on me physically holding me back so I just stare at the ceiling all day. Then there's fear of moving cause it hurts and costs so much energy.
>>
>>17166221
You need to visit a counsellor or psychiatrist man. If your illness is this debilitating then you really should get professional help. They are there to fix people, you just have to be willing to fix yourself.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.