[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

friend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

File: download.jpg (6KB, 236x214px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6KB, 236x214px
So one of my best friends is genderfluid and believes in all the "more than 2 genders" but the thing is, I find it extremely stupid. Like I think its one of the most retarted things. But she always wants to talk about it and I don't want to say something that would end our friendship. She is a really cool person but she thinks that I am someone that believes in that stuff. And since I'm friends with her, I get introduced to people like her. I don't know what to do.
>>
Start distancing yourself from her.

You won't be able to change her opinion until SHE wants to entertain the idea.

There are plenty of people in the world that agree with you. Find another friend.
>>
Tell her the truth when it comes up. Be kind about it though, she is your friend after all.
>>
File: 1462867878366.jpg (60KB, 245x282px) Image search: [Google]
1462867878366.jpg
60KB, 245x282px
>>17155756
Stop being so nice to people. Speak your mind and confront your friend on how mentally retarded she is by believing on that new age fluid bullshit that kids these days like to call it. She is a slut and wants to get it from both sexes, calling it anything else is just a bunch of horseshit.

If you're really her friend then you'd say something, otherwise just cut her off.
>>
Just tell her the truth. I have friends with contrast believes to mines, and we have a good time. hopefully she will understand and respect your ideas.
>>
Tell her you have a hard time relating and understanding. That you don't want to want to talk about it all the time.

She should respect you for this, as long as you make it clear you're not judging her as a dumbass
>>
File: 142872511533.jpg (95KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
142872511533.jpg
95KB, 1280x800px
You're not going to change her opinion, so your options pretty much boil down to deal with it, tell her to stop dragging you into it, or ghost her. I'm pretty sure you're not going to go with the first one, and it seems a bit hasty to ghost someone if you haven't talked out your issues first and failed to come to a compromise.
>>
Perhaps you have a communication problem with your friend. It is important that you both use the same definition of "genderfluid". It is obvious that human biology separates Y and X genes and that these genes do not spontaneously mutate. This cannot be denied. However it is also obvious that people are free to display a mix of behavior, clothing and visual aspects that are each socially associated with one gender. This also cannot be denied. It is important that you do not mix up both of these things. Do you disagree with your friends over a simple matter of human biology or do you argue that people should not be allowed to have an interested in mixing gender-related sociocultural characteristics?
>>
>>17155870
>However it is also obvious that people are free to display a mix of behavior, clothing and visual aspects that are each socially associated with one gender.
That's not what gender fluid is about m8. A tomboy is a woman who expresses interests in male interests, yet she's not a "third gender".
>>
>>17155769
This, get her to explain why she feels this way and keep an open mind when she/he/it/they/them/xir/shklee does.
>>
File: 1376477481610.jpg (28KB, 284x322px) Image search: [Google]
1376477481610.jpg
28KB, 284x322px
>>17155819

>She is a slut and wants to get it from both sexes

/r9k/ runoff. Opinion disregarded.

>I don't know what to do.

You don't have to agree to be friends. If she broaches the subject its more than possible to politely inform her that while you respect her decision to do whatever she wants you just hold different opinions on the matter.

I have a friend who is the same way. He wears eyeliner and wants to be called "they/them" but I don't really give a shit. We still hang out and drink beers and talk about tits because when he first started I told him he was my best friend, I loved him, and that I just disagreed.

We don't talk about it, and at the end of the day I we have to because he's my friend and I've chosen to accept him for who he is, stupid quirks and all.

This isn't something that has to end your friendship so long as you're respectful in your disagreeance. If she can't stand the fact that you disagree then there's nothing you can do because it would be unrealistic of her to expect you to change your opinions just because she wants you to.
>>
>>17155756
Femboy here

First off, know your privilege cis scum. Got it? K good

Secondly why does it even effect you? Why not try to understand their identity and give a soothing answer to their struggles? Not everyone was born with the same perspective as you jackass, try not to judge so hard next time.

/rant
>>
File: 1459707997116.jpg (6KB, 209x200px) Image search: [Google]
1459707997116.jpg
6KB, 209x200px
>>17155903

>First off, know your privilege cis scum. Got it? K good

You went a little heavy handed with the b8. Try a little nuance next time.
>>
>>17155875
What's the difference between them besides how they choose to refer to themselves, though?
>>
>>17155875
In that case if a tomboy declared herself as a third gender you would disagree on a matter of definition. You would argue that this person is not using the english language properly. It would be a debate about semantics and not about the concept of gender identity. There is a difference between having contempt for someone because of their lifestyle or because of their misuse of the english language. I think it's important to differentiate these two things.
>>
>>17155756
She'll grow out of it, just give it time. You're allowed to voice your opinion though. If she wants to end the friendship because of that then she's a shitty friend anyway.
>>
unfriend her
>>
>>17155903
First off. Your post literally made me laugh my ass off because of how retarted it is. Second off. You don't think I've tried to understand her. Notice how I said HER. It just makes no sense being genderfluid or having more than two genders. I really don't care what you consider yourself. But I do care when I have to start to "cater" to it like calling her a him, or not being able to make jokes I want to. I am not hating on her. But I am hating on you. Because she is actually a decent person.
>>
>>17155913
One is a woman with male interests. Somewhat abnormal, but nothing wrong.

One is mentally ill and is making up genders and pronouns.

>>17155915
>You would argue that this person is not using the english language properly.
English is incredibly flexible. Not really my concern. There is a fundamental difference between having male interests and pretending you are one. This is not a matter of semantics.
>>
>>17155925
See I agree that a girl should be able to like guy stuff. It's actually super cool and attractive. But the people who are obsessed with pro-nouns, and all the genders. Thats what is pissing me off.
>>
I've voiced my opinions on this to friends who buy into the gender identity thing. Basically, I think the concept of gender identity is stupid and that people just have a sex and a personality, and that nonbinary/genderqueer/genderfluid/whatever people are confused and think their unique personality is actually a unique gender.

My friends just disagreed with me and their only argument was "you're wrong." When I tried to explain that I only felt like a woman because I have a vagina and don't wish I had a dick instead and not because of some innate gender identity, they said I should explore the possibility of being agender. You probably aren't going to get anywhere with these people.
>>
>>17155925
Unless the person strictly argues that their X/Y genders have spontaneously mutated overnight then yes it is a matter of semantics. A person can use the male/female gender to refer to a group of sociocultural characteristics. You may argue that it is incorrect to use this definition but it doesn't change that a person may use it, and therefore this person is not arguing in favor of spontaneous mutation, and therefore this disagreement is purely a matter of semantics. Arguing over definitions is essentially different than wanting to beat up crossdressers in the street for conservative religious reasons. However if a conversation is not steered correctly then two people may misunderstand the reason of their disagreement.
>>
>>17155945
My mind is too simple for your amazing writing skills
>>
>>17155756
Everybody has the time when they have to choose to either stay right or keep a friend.

I'd do the latter. I've already had a fight with a friend of mine because of this discussion one time that she wouldn't give up for shit.

I really do prefer to keep people around, but suit yourself to either option.
>>
>>17155756
Ask her if she knows what chromosomes are
Then ask her how she can change them
>>
>>17155882
>/r9k/ runoff. Opinion disregarded.

Since when stating the obvious means something came out of /r9k?
>>
>>17155756
just say you feel different about it but i accept your opinion. i would get pretty scared if i saw a penis urinal in the womens room. especially some perve using it.
>>
Tell them the genderfluid thing is bullshit. They all believe it's some AMAZING revolutionary thing to "Get out of the gender binary!11!!!" when really it's enforcing the gender binary like no other. Ex: "I'm a boy when I wear pants and I'm a girl when I wear a dress!" Like it's purely based off of stereotypes and the radikewl qweers all confuse "gender" with their personality and their feelings. There are infinite "genders" like this because everyone has a different personality, but actually gender isn't fucking real, only sex is real.
>>
>>17156335
This.

But on other hand
>she's a really cool person
>she always talks about something I find extremely stupid
I see something wrong here. Just find friends who are more like you, bro. There's a lot of cool people around.
>>
Not every friend you have will have opinions that you agree with.

if she was raised right and holds good morals and values. she will respect that you have a different view than herself.

if she results to screaming/violence/name calling, etc. then she isnt someone that you should be spending your time with. there are many people who share your view and are respectful human beings. youll just have to replace her if shes a dumb fuck.

let her true colors show by telling her. if she gets visibly angry, let her go full tumblr. if not then shes a good girl
>>
>>17157509
Just tell her sorry but it does not interest you, you have no knowledge of this, nothing to add to it etc, and would prefer to talk about other stuff.
>>
>>17155756

tell her gender isn't a fucking hobby. gender (not sex, as in a person's sex) is a spectrum, and it's neat to find out where you are on it, but it's perfectly fine not to talk about it.

i'm gay, know a lot of people that are trans. they all want to talk about being trans and gender norms all day. i leave the room when it comes up.

these people think they know the "right answer". and there is no fucking right answer about gender. it all boils down to every single individual. it's useless trying to figure it out. everyone is going to have a different idea of their gender. they can tell you when they meet you if they need to.

it's supposed to be ubiquitous. i want to spend 0% of my day discussing gender.
>>
>>17155768
I agree. Biologically, she's talking shyte
>>
>>17155756
You can not agree with her and still be friends. It's the reason so many people don't talk about politics with their friends.
>>
>>17156335
>>17155943
Both of these.

Your friend probably discovered third wave feminism in the first semester of college, got too deep in an echo chamber of "all cis men see all women as rape meat no exceptions period," gave herself no space to relax and disengage because every media ever is problematic, and now is desperately trying out trendy gender labels to escape from a mostly self-built prison of anxiety, androphobia, and self woman-hating.
She'll either grow out of it or bury herself further until she gets so sick that she needs professional help. It's up to you whether or not you want to stick around to see it.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.