[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Suicidal gf + distance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: Death - Pierce Me.jpg (205KB, 1400x1104px) Image search: [Google]
Death - Pierce Me.jpg
205KB, 1400x1104px
Hi. I need some serious help.

My gf and I fell in love 4 years ago, but we lived 1000km away from each other. 2 years later we managed to move to an appartment, and lived together since then.

During this period, I step by step realised that she had some kind of mental disease: she gets mad for dumb stuff, she is constantly stressed out and anxious, and at the same time very intimidative and authoritative. As I am a rather submissive person, I tried to get over it, thinking that I could deal with her anxiety, because I love her.

Sometimes, shits got really bad and she threatened to leave me or to commit suicide many times. In these situation, I tend to panic, I remain totally silent because I fear her reaction. I know my attitude does not help this situation, but I feel so powerless when she gets mad.

Even worse, as I enroled an exchange programm, I currently live 1000km away from her (once again) since January. Even though we managed to spend some days together (approx 1 month overall), her anxiety and depression seem to get worse since I left.

Last night, she tried to commit suicide twice, while we were on Skype (we are always "virtually" together). I did not manage to convince her not to do this. Hopefully, she failed (I think she is trying to kill herself with some medicines).

This situation is slowly breaking me appart. I feel quite depressed, I do not go out, I did not make any friend in the place I currently live in order to virtually stick by her sides, I stay in bed all day long... While mentally suffering, I also physically suffer, as I got a rather bad disease due to stress, and I have still some problems because of that since then.

I know it's a horrible thing to say, but I feel like maybe if she succeeded in commiting suicide, I would finally be at peace. But I do not want to. I love her. But I feel helpless. So empty.

Even if you do not have any advice for me, I'd be glad to know what you think about this issue... Thank you.
>>
>>17153639
This is not "anxiety" or "depression".
It's likely BPD instead (borderline personality disorder).
She's abusing you and you need to break it off for your health and sanity.
>>
Tell her parents that she is suicidal.

She is not making your life any better and unfortunately for her, the dice she was given weren't the best.

She may have a psychological/emotional imbalance.

It's not her fault. Or, maybe she just wants to make your life miserable. You really need to sit down and talk to her and be honest and don't hold anything back. Speak your mind and tell her to speak hers honestly. If she gets mad, you need to leave. You tried your best. But, in the end. It's your life.
>>
>>17153653
Yes, I do think she is bipolar. Actually, she even told me she believes she is.
>>
>>17153655
I thought about talking to her parents. But she keeps telling me that if I do, she is going to leave me/suicide. But at the same time, I know her problem is partly linked to her childhood, so I do not think that she will be honest with her parents. Actually, they seem not to care much about her.
>>
File: zrrzarz.jpg (66KB, 996x751px) Image search: [Google]
zrrzarz.jpg
66KB, 996x751px
Oh and by the way, sorry for broken English.
>>
>>17153671
not bipolar, BPD as in Borderline Personality Disorder.
It also comes with mood swings, but with a lot of other things too (which she obviously has).
BPD is much worse for you than bipolar, depression, anxiety, etc, because it gives her the tendency to emotionally abuse and manipulate you, such as you said here >>17153675
>I thought about talking to her parents. But she keeps telling me that if I do, she is going to leave me/suicide.

It requires very extensive therapy and the will to change. If she doesn't want to change, better get out before it gets worse.
>>
>>17153744
Ok I get it. I'm going to take a look at this disorder...
You advice me to get out before it gets worse, but what if she decides to end her life after this..? I cannot live with such a burden...
>>
>>17153639

it might not be as bad as it seems with her "mental health", two things, you've allowed too much disrespect from her(u said yourself u were submissive) and now she's a manipulative bitch or she actually has mental issues.

If you try to be your gf's therapist it won't work, NEVER. She can only help herself(she can only change), give her a little support but its not really your job. You are a romantic partner not a therapist.
>>
In the beginning how were things, good? when did you see start changing?
>>
>>17153843
I understand that. But she has to want to get better. She has to see a psychiatrist and get treatment for her problems.
This problem doesn't go away by itself, it requires a huge amount of effort and will on her part.

If she doesn't want to get better, there's nothing you can really do anyway, even if you stay with her.
The best option you have is to try to convince her to see a mental health professional.
>>
People are dying and being killed by illuminatis.

While girls friends are suicidal because of some stuff that happened to them.
>>
>>17153639
My girlfriend told me she was committing suicide over the phone one day when I was away at work. You have to take that kind of stuff seriously. She said that she had taken all of her meds. I called 911 and a police officer went to her address and brought her to an emergency room psych ward. My gf absolutely hated me for a bit, but was thankful in the long run.

Take this stuff seriously or else these kinds of threats will never stop.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.