[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So here's the situation, I got an email telling me I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1428219765523.jpg (149KB, 400x800px) Image search: [Google]
1428219765523.jpg
149KB, 400x800px
So here's the situation, I got an email telling me I'm getting kicked out of college for having shitty grades.

I can appeal the decision though, and I need to come up with a letter of rationale. "giving reasons for your poor academic performance and include a plan for future success" I've got the plan for future success down, but no reasons for the poor performance. The real reason is just lazyness, but I don't think it will fly.

Should I tell them I'm a depressed homosexual or something? I hear these liberal universities eat that shit up.
>>
You'll need proof if you say you're depressed.
>>
you could always be honest and say there have been too many distractions then in your plan talk about how you're going to get rid of your computer and smart phone

And hey here's a thought, how about you actually do it. Instead you're just going to get your appeal rubber stamped but get kicked out next semester anyway when your grades inevitably don't improve.
>>
thoughts on maybe being a recovering alcoholic? Surely you can't prove that.
>>
Maybe question why you are not interested in making an effort for your studies. It seems a huge waste of time which could be spent at McDonald's making some money.
>>
>>17152975
The thing is my grades actually have improved over the past 2 semesters. If I get the boot I can return in a year, but that's a year of my life wasted. I'm 6 classes out from the degree, and I need to bump up my average 7%. If I land a B in each class I hit that average to graduate. I've dropped down to working only part time now, and I'm taking a reduced course load.
>>
say it was depression and make a appointment with a counselor through health services immediately. base your appeal on the idea that your "depression was paralyzing, and it was difficult finding motivation to do things that used to be easy." the more documentation you have (even if it's recent) the better they'll look on your case - even if it's just an appointment confirmation or a note that you attended a session.

and you know, you probably are depressed if you don't have the motivation to keep your grades decent. at the very least you are totally bored by the academic system and you and your counselor can work on that.

and do the fucking counseling. even if you're not depressed, or you don't think you're depressed, hashing shit out with a counselor gives you perspective and sets you up to not eat shit so bad next time.
>>
so what's the real reason for why your grades have been shit, lets start there
>>
why don't you just own up to fucking around instead of making ups ome bullshit. i feel like that would go much farther than a thousand things they've heard before.
>>
>>17152951
Lying is not a good idea.

Telling the truth with a positive spin can work - something like "All my failures are grouped in one 3-month period, during which I was going through personal and family problems. It was a unique one-time event that is now definitely finished, and I call attention to the fact that I actually did better toward the end of the semester as evidence that the worst is behind me."
>>
You were working full time? If you have proof of employment that's a pretty good excuse or whatever you were saying.
>>
Are you going to college in mommy and daddy's dime? I can't see why any adult would allow this to happen
>>
Chances are if you failed because you were being lazy that you are depressed on some level. The usual assumption is that you are just a fucking idiot. What does college require? Like 10 hours of work a week?

If you can't manage 2 hours of work then you have an issue. What is your plan for future success though? "I'll do the work instead of masturbating"?
>>
>>17152951
same thing happened to me. i used every excuse, even went to a fucking psychiatrist for a letter lol, said i had depression, anxiety, included my mums inllness (she has cancer), working full time etc. the fuckers said to come back in 2 years and ill automatically be put into classes. this has been my first year as a NEET. i feel so shit not having anything to do. i was a premed if you were wondering. fucked all chances of getting into med :')
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.