[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm about to complete my residency program and I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1426016810508.jpg (28KB, 427x231px) Image search: [Google]
1426016810508.jpg
28KB, 427x231px
So I'm about to complete my residency program and I have accepted a job near my family. However, there is another great job that's halfway across the country that is a better place to work and is probably going to be 450k, 500k, and 600k in the first few years. The job I already signed with is guaranteeing me 220k, but I am guessing I will actually make 350k+ or 300k at the minimum. I have a wife and kids, and we put the last 2 years of our lives on hold to go back to this specialty training.

Obviously in the distant job we will have nobody there to help us with the kids, the kids wont know their family as well, it will cost roughly 800 to 1000 per person in order to fly back and forth, plus all the aggravation of air travel. The schools are great in both areas, although the closer school system is in the top 20 in the country.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else had similar decisions
>>
>>17149588
At some point, enough money is enough money, and being near family is incredibly valuable from a quality of life standpoint.

If the money means more to you and offers you the chance to retire earlier because you don't want to work (or do something else that you want to do), then I guess go with the money.

Check any potential legal issues before you break the employment contract you signed.
>>
>>17149588
I'd go the more paying but make sure you check cost of living that could equal your pay out
>>
>>17149614

>enough money

Part of it is I want to justify going back to school and missing out on 2 years of income. I doubt there are any repurcussions for breaking the contract, it's still 2 1/2 months until my program ends, and judges dont really favor limited employment.

>>17149615

The cost of living is actually decidedly lower in the higher paying job.
>>
>>17149588
Does your wife work? Do your kids need someone to take care of them during the day?
>>
>>17150081

She can get a good job in a school, but it's less money than what I'm making. If we stay, she will get the health insurance by working, whereas the out of state job for me provides health insurance, so she wouldn't have to work unless she gets bored. It might help with her meeting people though.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.