[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anybody here who lowered their standards in dating?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

File: 1463377379647.jpg (24KB, 348x288px) Image search: [Google]
1463377379647.jpg
24KB, 348x288px
Is there anybody here who lowered their standards in dating?

Was it worth it?
>>
Sort of, not really..
>>
>>17149535
yeah. I finally got a gf and I am a happy little fucker now.
>>
>>17149541
where would you rate her on the looks scale?
>>
>>17149543
3/10. I'm 6/10 but my female equivalents like to get their pussy pounded hard by Chads.
>>
>>17149535

Homo here, dated a fatty basically out of pity (and best blowjobs ever)

I would not recommend lowering standards, he was fat because he was a lazy, palefaced, wimpy nerd.
And it was hard to try to be motivational when all he did was make excuses

Don't lower your standards unless you are sure the personality is great. If he had been skinny I would have still broken up because of all the laziness bullshit
>>
>>17149546
>3/10
wow
that is definitely less than avg.

do your freinds/family know about her? do they think about her?

are you physically attracted to her?
>>
I'm considering lowering my standards. I think I will stop expecting people to be loyal and not to cheat. Better to just accept that it is what it is nowadays.
>>
>>17149535
What kind of standards? Appearance? My standards there are pretty low. If someone is attractive enough that I can get hard and fuck her, that's attractive enough to me. Physically I've dated everything between super fit gym rat and fatty fat.

I'm avoiding fat girls now because I've finally accepted that being more than moderately overweight is a behavioral problem that's often linked to other behavioral problems.

My real standards are more along the lines of good personality and takes care of herself (financially and physically).

When I lower my standards in those areas I almost always regret it.
>>
>>17149535

no, they were low to begin with.

hard to answer whether it was worth it. on one hand, i got to get myself some dating experience because of my low standards, but on the other i've only dated girls i know i would never want to be with forever
>>
I think you really just need to find a girl/guy that you actually like. Don't confuse that with them being "hot".

When I was younger I really struggled with girls that I thought I was attracted to. Looking back that's because I actually had no interest in them and the thought of spending 10 minutes talking to a few of the dumb bitches I pursued fills me with dread now. Really I wanted companionship but my criteria was only "are they relatively sexy?"

I can only make that judgement now because I've met women that I connect with and like, and I realized I didn't have a particularly big issue with confidence. I just fucking hated most of those bimbos but I thought since I wanted to fuck them and I craved companionship that they must be great. If they'd been guys I wouldn't have thought twice about them.

It may be that you are surrounded by ugly girls that would fuck you at a moment's notice. So should you just suck it up and bang them? Maybe, if you want to. There won't be any harm to it, but I think instead of "lowering your standards" you should find a new approach where you are more likely to find women you'll like and then actually spend time with them.
>>
>>17149535
Yes & yes
>>
yes, no. depends what youre looking for. a relationship (serious) or fucking (fun)... If youre looking for fun, lowering your standards = lot more fun...but if youre looking for serious, you'll invest a lot of time and energy and give it up later if you can't get over their looks afterwards.
>>
It wasnt, learned the hard way that Im happier alone. The person has to be "worth it" if Im going to invest my time and money into her.
>>
yes, and I'm very happy now with my boyfriend. I'm usually physically rated a 9, but the combo of my personality, anxiety issues, and weird interests not a lot of people are into makes it nearly impossible to keep up any sort of meaningful relationship with guys who are about my physical equivalent, since most of them had their head so far up their own asses. I was dating musicians and such, but it was all shallow and physical and empty and I wasn't happy

now I have my bf who is probably a 6, but I love him and he makes me feel happy all around
>>
I feel weird about kissing anyone below an 8 face, but I try to get over it. Dated a 6 (a lot of people would probably rate her more, but I'm picky,) for three months. It was worth it, but I struggled for about a month in the beginning. Super hot body and good personality helps.
I'm about a 7 according to /soc, but women I've been with would rate me beautiful/10 or handsome/whateverthatmeans.jpg
>>
In terms of looks, yes.
In terms of personality, no.

My boyfriend isn't exactly my type - way shorter and different body type, even if he still has a handsome face and the nicest smile ever. He's an amazing person, my best friend and the most interesting and funniest guy I've ever met.
I've been asked out by guys closer to my type than him, but no one will ever compare in terms of personality and intelligence.
I'm as happy as I can possibly be.
>>
>>17149535
Once dated a guy, just because he liked me, and I thought maybe my butterflies for him would come later. Those butterflies never came, and it was kind of a waste of time.

That was when I learned that mutual attraction is definitely key in dating. Doesn't have to be mr perfect for me, but at least 8/10 on my attraction scale (that being a combination of the factors looks, personality, and skills).
>>
>>17149535
I am quite sure that any girl who dates you has lowered her standards. Why not ask them what it's like?
>>
I lowered my standards for online dating, it's like checking the fridge when there's nothing in there.

You just keep lowering your standards each time until you find something to eat.
>>
>>17149928
I feel like OP is probably catsup packet soup garnished with mystery crumbs.
>>
>>17149928
this desu

>be me
>looking up some of the girls I bagged from online hookup sights
>holy shit, they're all fucking hideous/fat

>be me
>looking up the girls I've picked up from RL encounters
>wow, these are a way better batch than the online fatties.
>>
>>17149663

> he's rich: the story
>>
>>17149535
>Is there anybody here who lowered their standards in dating?
If this is something you are considering because women who meet your standards are not interested in settling for you, your standards are probably unrealistically high (common problem on 4chan).

I've decided to accept flaws or things I consider less than ideal, as one does in relationships.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.