[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've bought this used Phone from a stranger, but the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: 1382851267664.png (294KB, 465x349px) Image search: [Google]
1382851267664.png
294KB, 465x349px
So, I've bought this used Phone from a stranger, but the same day he sold me the Phone I noticed the audio jack was broken after I told him the problem and asking if I could just give him the phone back he disappeared and blocked me on whatsapp. As far as I know he looked like it was in desperate need of money, so would it make me an asshole if I ask the police helping me to get him to refund me or leaving him this victory would make me a cuck?
>>
>>17147276
Congratulations on buying (probably stolen) shit phone. Telling cops increase chance of them confiscating your device.
>>
>>17147303
So they won't help me even if I show them the proofs that the guy sold me the Phone?
>>
>>17147314
Most likely they will look up it's IMEI and if it is registered as stolen you won't see your device ever again.

> won't help me
With what? You bought phone from stranger. It isn't shop with guaranteed 30 days refund thing. It is stranger lol. This is just bad trade, you wasn't scammed at all. You agreed to it.
>>
>>17147276
What do you think this guy did that was illegal, that the police would get involved?

Wherever this transaction took place, this is almost certainly a civil matter.
>>
>>17147276
the police aren't your personal shopping partners buddy, they have more important things to do than waste time and resources trying to track someone down that sold you something in a private sale.
>>
>>17147364
Technically speaking if the seller doesn't aknowledge the buyer about any vices of the product at the moment of the sale then the buyer can choose to get a refund even if he was buying from a private
>>17147426
He advertized his Phone as "completely working", but it is obvioua that it actually is't. At the moment of the sale I've even asked if it had any problem I should've been aware of.
>>
>>17147440
Cops also shouldn't care whether someone hits his own wife then. Am I right?
>>
File: special.jpg (41KB, 540x407px) Image search: [Google]
special.jpg
41KB, 540x407px
>>17147448
are you fucking serious? you're trying to compare someone buying a used phone off craigslist and not getting a refund to someone physically abusing another human?
get the fuck out of here kid.
>>
>>17147276
Used products are almost always sold as is. Unless he outright lied to you as in fraud.
>>
>>17147699
Your ignorance is a delusion to your family
>>17147704
He told me the phone had no problem at all and advertized it as completely working, at the moment of the sale I've even asked if it had any problem I should've been aware of and he said no.
But nobody actually answered to me, I've been asking if it is worth it to cause any more trouble to this guy (wich I discovered is also selling his car and his bike's motor) only because I feel scammed.
>>
LOL are you seriously going to the cops because you didn't check to see if the iphone was broken before paying. they'll laugh in your face
>>
>>17148886
>Your ignorance is a delusion to your family
Not the guy you're responding to but what the fuck are you even trying to say? He's right, the police aren't gonna work to get you a refund. A janky private sale doesn't come with a guarantee - it's expected that problems are settled between the buyer and seller.

Then you pull some stupid analogy regarding spousal abuse? Huh? Is the implication of your retort that police wouldn't care about a man beating his wife because they don't care about the unfairness of a private sale? What?
>>
This is a civil matter, the police will not get involved
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.