[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need to know if I'm lying to myself. >I'm 29

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1458329023690.jpg (142KB, 683x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1458329023690.jpg
142KB, 683x1024px
I need to know if I'm lying to myself.

>I'm 29
>This girl, one of my best friends, is the same age and we've known each other since 3rd grade
>She's a Vanderbilt grad, campus heartthrob, prom queen, makes over $150k a year
>I was editor-in-chief of the yearbook, popular, attractive, I make great money myself
>We work for the same company, we spend 3-5 days a week together (outside of work)
>We hooked up for a while during college but never "dated"
>Can't think of a girl I enjoy spending time with more, my parents love her, everyone thinks we're together
>We're both attractive, smart people who grew up together

So, people always assume we're going to end up together. She's dating some 50 year old guy who works in a warehouse and she pays his rent. She's cheated on every boyfriend she's ever had, and has an eating disorder. She's got enough emotional baggage to down an airplane, even though she's beautiful and smart. Regardless, I always imagined some other girl would just walk into my life and I'd never have to consider this.

The other day, a good friend of mine told me that I was fooling myself if I thought that, turning 30, I was going to end up with anyone but her. He's well aware of all the bad, but her relationship likely won't last in his eyes, and he thinks we're both broken enough for each other that we could really be with no one else, and he said that everyone else in our lives sees this as a "foregone conclusion, and that you two are in love with each other but won't admit it."

So, I'm not trying to steal her away or anything, but is he right? I don't want him to be, but sometimes I think he is.

Pic only related in that they look alike.
>>
>>17145040
>>17145040
i dont fucking know stop humble bragging on a Thai Joinery board
>>
>>17145046

It's a Nepalese Pashmina board so suck my dick.
>>
>muh humble bragging

Also EVER dating a known cheater. You must be a cuck?
>>
>>17145062

I shouldn't answer anyone who uses the cuck meme seriously, but this legitimately has nothing to do with whether or not she's cheated on people. Part of me says she's grown out of it... but really I don't care that much, because she's not my girlfriend and I'm not chasing her to make her one.

My friends just think we're harboring a secret love for each other and I'm trying to use an anonymous message board to see if I'm an idiot for thinking I'll find someone who's a better fit.
>>
>>17145085
Are you actively pursuing other girls? Also you mentioned her faults but what are yours?
>>
>>17145040
If you don't like the situation, then change it. She sounds like a bad deal to me, but if you are into gold diggers with eating disorder then go for it.
>>
You have very little to lose, so why not pursue,
and find out if there's something worthwhile
between you two.

If it doesn't pan out, at least you know to start
looking elsewhere, instead of fooling yourself
that she's some sort of fallback.
>>
>>17145085
If you have to think about pursuing someone then you aren't ready for them.

The best relationships start with an "in the moment" spark and keep it up for years. Obviously it won't be constant good times, but it shouldn't be a net negative.

Also I hate the cuck meme but he has a point. People like her never calm down.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.