[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Psychosis

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

File: 1445720941912.jpg (76KB, 600x668px) Image search: [Google]
1445720941912.jpg
76KB, 600x668px
So I curiously googled the symptoms of Psychosis a while ago and found a lot of them match up with the way I think. But the way it's described is that I should be very depressed, when I don't feel that way.

If I really am psychotic, and I don't believe anything is real, then why shouldn't I live my life without care?
>>
Because, despite feeling like nothing is real, you still live in a system that has consequences for your actions. So long as you believe that, you won't live "without care."
>>
>>17144489
for examples of people that don't believe it, see https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7h7uevwxt8 and other "freemen".
just because you think everything is fake doesn't stop you from feeling everything around you and having to interact with everyone around you.
>>
You should look into Existentialism, I have similar thoughts to you and found it very interesting.

Personally I think a lot of stuff is fake. Especially things like fashion & peoples opinions about what you should do with your life.

But to me at least basic needs right now, such as food, water, air, shelter etc. seem very real. Like if you get sick, or dehydrated, or without air for awhile you just can't THINK anymore. How can something that is fake affect your mind so much?
>>
>>17144480
I can cure your psychosis if you want it's real easy, describe me your symptoms or the way you think or why is it that you think the way you do the more descriptive you are the more I can help
>>
File: dereal.jpg (665KB, 2424x1878px) Image search: [Google]
dereal.jpg
665KB, 2424x1878px
>>17144480
What you are feeling is almost certainly derealization instead.

If you think you are actually experiencing psychosis, you need to see a doctor right away (it needs to be treated because many substances and mechanisms that induce psychosis damage the brain, and many get worse over time)
>>
>>17144480
derealization. you can thank me later
>>
>>17144480
Examples? I've a family member with schizophrenia and I could compare your experiences with theirs.
>>
File: friend.jpg (65KB, 447x698px) Image search: [Google]
friend.jpg
65KB, 447x698px
>>17144825
I kind of like that infographic. As someone who was lavished with attention and taught a way of prayer/meditation/mindfulness at a young age, and trained to make it a daily habit, I'm of the opinion that "mindfulness" isn't some kind of cure for psychological conditions. The people who approach things that way don't have much or any personal experience. I say that because I've known people who have arranged their lives around that practice for decades, and they aren't necessarily any different from anyone else problem wise. If anything, the opposite is sometimes the case.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.