[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>it's an "Anon mentally replays every interaction

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (61KB, 640x429px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
61KB, 640x429px
>it's an "Anon mentally replays every interaction he's had all week over and over and reinterprets everything everyone said and did in the worst possible light" episode

Why won't everyone just outright reject me already? Why do they have to pretend to like me just to give me false hope?
>>
>>17122225
Basic social graces dictate that we jump through hoops to 'say without saying,' because if you're direct about disliking somebody, you usually look like a retarded asshole
>>
>>17122249
How far does that have to go, though? Is it really necessary to accept my invitations and act like friends? They're not even giving me normal hints, I only realize this shit a week later after replaying it a hundred times and analyzing everything
>>
>>17122225
Stop being so negative you doofus. Focus on improving your interactions with people.

Not everyone hates you, that is just you assuming the worst.
>>
>>17122225
How old are you? Kids will just straight-up say it if they don't like you.
It's the adults you have to worry about, but mainly if they're extremely nice or you have a position of power.
Otherwise, they'll shit on you too. People are typically bad at hiding negative emotions, like hatred and disgust.

>>17122281
Explain further. What signs have you found that they don't like you?
What are their reasons for not liking you, or why are you unlikable?
What motives would they have for pretending to like you?
How far do they go in this pretense?
>>
>>17122751
I'm 22, so we're all beyond that high school open shit flinging.

>Explain further. What signs have you found that they don't like you?
It just seems like the most likely explanation. The more I replay everything the more I realize the small mistakes I made and the possible alternate interpretations beyond the surface level of what other people said. I'm certain that it's painfully obvious that I'm not really one of them.

>What are their reasons for not liking you, or why are you unlikable?
I don't know, I just have no distinguishing characteristics.

>What motives would they have for pretending to like you?
Trying to keep things from getting awkward since we have to be around each other at work

>How far do they go in this pretense?
Act friendly, include me in conversations and outings, sometimes accept it if I invite them somewhere.
>>
>>17122225

My first instinct is:

Because you're not so trash that you merit outright rejection, in fact your first impression is decent enough they give you a chance.

but AFTERWARDS, your insecurity/lack of confidence/social ineptitude/pessimism/whining/drama-queeness/over-thinking/whatever causes them to lose interest in you.

Get out of your own way.
>>
>>17122943
>Get out of your own way.
What does this actually mean? What exactly am I supposed to say and do? What's the secret normie formula for knowing how to act? Be specific.
>>
>>17122947
>What does this actually mean? What exactly am I supposed to say and do? What's the secret normie formula for knowing how to act? Be specific.

No. That is the exact OPPOSITE is what needs to be done. The more specific an explanation you read, the more you will narrow your focus which is the exactly the wrong thing to do.

Go fail. Go fail HUNDREDS of times. Experiment. Stop trying to think so far ahead or in the past that you ignore what's happening right there in that exact moment. Operate on a one to one, moment to moment basis until those failures and successes because intuitive and unthinking.

Get the fuck out of your head, stop whining and being negative, start just doing and getting numb to it until it just works.
>>
>>17122961
>Get the fuck out of your head, stop whining and being negative, start just doing and getting numb to it until it just works.
Start just doing what? Go charging unthinkingly out of my house and then...what?
>>
>>17122964
be yourself of course
>>
>>17122991
Oh yes of course how could I have forgotten the solution to all problems!

I just need to beeeeee myself! Duh! No need to think about anything because all I have to do is

BE MYSELF
E

M
Y
S
E
L
F
>>
>>17122845
It sounds like you're just a little neurotic, to be honest.
Try to relax more, there's a 95% chance that nothing is actually wrong.

Ignore the "just b urself" shitposting, I don't think there's anything wrong with you that you can actually fix, and you may just end up stressing yourself out and making it worse.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.