[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does a man need male friends to be healthy? I've never

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (52KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
52KB, 1200x1200px
Does a man need male friends to be healthy?

I've never really been able to make friends with other guys, and as nice as my friends and family are, my social circles are practically exclusively female.

Am I missing out on something? Is this bad for me?
>>
File: 1350621459798.jpg (195KB, 1280x722px) Image search: [Google]
1350621459798.jpg
195KB, 1280x722px
>>
File: 1428985234376.jpg (19KB, 618x416px) Image search: [Google]
1428985234376.jpg
19KB, 618x416px
>>17109771
You usually don't keep a lot of close friends of the type you like to fuck, so I think it's okay. I don't have a lot of girl-friends, either. I mean I have some, but we aren't tight like my bros.

It's probably the same with you
>>
Your friends with mostly women? That sounds exhausting
>>
>>17109771
friends with lots of girlfriends? you must be the gay...
>>
>>17109789
I hate camping and sports and I'd probably really hate hunting too, if I had the opportunity. Is just going to a bar to chat up random people an acceptable equalent? I do that.

>>17109797
I'm gay and the only male member of the group who wasn't introduced to it as someone's boyfriend. I don't want to fuck any of them. I've considered entertaining romantic feelings for a few of them but then I remember I don't want the hurt feelings if things go south, and my relationships tend to do that.

>>17109799
Why? I spent the whole day with them today and we had a pretty great time.
>>
>>17109815

>I'm gay

Okay, well you could have just said that to begin with. Anyways, for straight guys, hanging out with a group of girls for your social interaction is pretty tiresome.
>>
Are they all hambeasts or something? How does that shit even happen. Even women often can't be friends with each other.
>>
>>17109821
I'd lie if I said they're not all overweight, but mostly by having a very low tolerance for drunk men. I could introduce the whole squad by listing their damage, and most of them really don't cope well with males they deem intimidating. And any group of men is going to have at least one who bites, so avoiding men altogether.

They get along just fine, though. The only ones who fight or even argue are the two who are sisters, and siblings do that. They'll laugh about the silly things they bicker over, but I don't consider that a flaw on their entire gender.
>>
>>17109815
>I hate camping and sports and I'd probably really hate hunting too, if I had the opportunity. Is just going to a bar to chat up random people an acceptable equalent? I do that.
Those were just examples. The point being spending time with men is a good thing because of the shared mentality. Men weren't meant to be cooped up in the hen house all the time.
>>
>>17109840
>the shared mentality
Is that something inherent or what my dad should have taught me? Because regardless of which it's supposed I don't have it.

The only male friend I have (outside of the squad) is a guy who only calls me when he wants something. Usually money. I don't pay him anymore so we don't talk much.

How do I learn that mentality or where do I find it?
>>
File: image.png (27KB, 527x409px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
27KB, 527x409px
>>17109771
>my social circles are practically exclusively female.
>>
>>17109881
Why should this be bait?

I'm mostly friends with women who avoid men. I got introduced to the grop when we were 15 and I'm a gay manlet they don't find intimidating (nor that I'd have any intention to do so) and this kind of thing is not particularly rare.

You don't hear a lot about girls who only hang out with girls for a fairly logical reason. Which is because they don't go into places you might meet them.

I don't even get why you assume this is bait. Assuming I'm meaning bleach-blonde barbie types all chasing after me and attacking each other, no.
>>
>>17109821
>Even women often can't be friends with each other.
Found the high school kid.
>>
>>17109771
tbhfam if you connect more with women than men, you're not missing out because you're not the type that would enjoy that kind of dynamic.
It's kind of a tautology.
>>
>>17109873
Well, theoretically, you have it because thousands of years of evolution made you to have it.

But if you say you don't, and it doesn't worry you, then why should you care that you don't hang out with other men? Who are you trying to change for? Just be happy and at peace. If that means you hang out with female social circles for the most part and you feel well adjusted with that, good on you. Maybe one of their boyfriends can be someone you talk to every once in a while to get some testosterone if you really feel it lacking in your life.
>>
>>17109972
The thing is, I never know WHAT worries me. I'm just permanently unhappy for no apparent reason despite of having a good job and great friends and wonderful family. I am never quite happy or at peace and I keep looking for a reason and never finding one. I am just permanently unhappy.

The other two guys are a sheltered cinnamon roll and a bitch more feminine than I am. I'm the only one of us who didn't go through military service and I still honestly don't believe they have more answers to what it means to be a man than I do.
>>
OP I feel the same way, as a female who is tired of having male friends.
>>
>>17109987
Then the problem isn't the company you keep since you admit you have a great time with them. Changing that up probably won't make you feel better about life in general. Suddenly surrounding yourself with a group of guys and going bowling or something won't suddenly make you feel great.

Your problem sounds like it comes from far deeper within you and you'll need to do some soul searching to find out what it is. Could be that you know the reason but it's something you just don't want to admit to, or are scared of finding and so it's something you keep circling around and try to find alternatives so you don't have to deal with the true source. Could be that you're just plain depressed. Could be a lot of things.

Whatever it is, you won't find your answer on /adv/ at this point, friend.
>>
>>17110008
The only other conclusion I've come to is that I want a partner, and that is not an option. A perfect awareness Of being unlovable is not a very nice feeling so I'd rather exhaust every single other option there is.
>>
>>17110024
>and that is not an option.
Yes it is. Young folk come to the foreveralone conclusion far too quickly in today's cynical and jaded culture. You're not trying hard enough to get one is the problem.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.