[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How the fuck do I quit? Been drinking alone every night for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: LARGE PHOTOS_ALCOHOL.jpg (56KB, 701x468px) Image search: [Google]
LARGE PHOTOS_ALCOHOL.jpg
56KB, 701x468px
How the fuck do I quit?

Been drinking alone every night for the past month and I'm scared of going down the path my uncles and grandfather did. My dad is also a pack-a-day cigarette smoker and my mom has never really been around.
>>
>How the fuck do I quit?
By quitting.

Throw out what you've got at the house and don't buy anymore.
You'll want to go buy more. Sit back and think real hard, this probably won't come to you right away, but you have to think think think: WHY do you want to drink?

Address that.
In the mean time stock up on things like juice, tea, coffee, make smoothies, even soda yes it's horrible for you but if you're keeping that oral fixation busy with something other than alcohol it can be forgiven. Spend more time with your friends who don't drink and tell your friends who usually drink when you hang out that you aren't drinking anymore.
>>
>>17105148
I don't know OP, but you should. It took getting a DUI for me to stop. Been sober since then and it is crazy how much better things are. I have been losing weight, have tons more energy, and I am generally just more productive a person.
>>
>>17105170
That's the problem, the few friends i do have are regular drinkers and the times i do hang out with them alcohol is involved. I'm the idiot that binges right away, then acts like a retard the entire night until i'm too pissed to drive home and usually pass out on the couch. Soda is a good fucking idea though, it's addictive as all hell, and it's much healthier i imagine then drinking 8-10 cans of beer every night.

My job is just so brainless and allows me to show up hungover, and i don't have anyone close to me (relationship-wise) to tell me no.
>>
>>17105210
That was my life before I got sober.
>>
>>17105148
Start smoking crack
>>
>>17105288
I'm no trying to kill myself quite yet.
>>
>>17105148
How I did this.

Drink more, much more until it lead to some really big problem. Broken leg or shit yourself in public or something like this. When it will happen you would not want to drink ever again. Result you can strength with LSD without alcohol or weed. If you try it right after this terrible occasion you will have bad trip. You will think a lot about your life and what shity things that alcohol makes with it. And when you get out from this hell you will not want to drink even a beer. You must frighten yourself. It is like every time you drink alcohol you amputate one finger, you would no want take any after first. But in this case it will be mentally injure instead physical.
>>
>>17105148
>drinking alone
>feeling guilty about the amount you drink
>feel scared to stop
>genetic predisposition to alcoholism

Yeah mate, you're fucked. Proper fucked.
>>
>>17105210
>it's much healthier i imagine then drinking 8-10 cans of beer every night
Soda is full of sugar and will make you gain weight much faster than beer. Maybe try unsweetened iced tea or seltzer.
>>
>>17105210
That's how I was, until everyone stopped inviting me out because I would be throwing while they're just barely buzzed. Tell them how you feel, and that you want to do sober stuff with them instead of going to a bar all the time.

As for at home, like I said, think real hard about what causes you to drink and in the meantime consume some other liquids.
>>
>>17105335
Please don't say this man. There has to be another thing i can latch onto.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.