[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /b/. So the other day I posted a comment on a LinkedIn photo

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: ouch.jpg (130KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
ouch.jpg
130KB, 425x283px
Hey /b/.

So the other day I posted a comment on a LinkedIn photo asking if I'd rather take an Aston Martin or a sexy girl. I said in the comments "I'd rather take the car - less likely to leak oil once a month, less likely to blame you for stuff, less likely to break down, etc."

Some stranger (a woman) from an entirely different country saw this and sent a copy of this comment to my employer asking "Do you always hires sexists? Do they often make comments like this, is it indicative of your entire company and the people you hire as well?"

He's away on vacation but has since asked me to delete the comment, send her a formal apology email, and I have apologized profusely to him numerous times. He said he can't believe I did that. However, my co-workers say I'll get the axe cause "What I said was highly inappropriate", and that I should prepare.

Is there anything I can do to save my ass in this? What I said was not meant to be taken as anything more than a joke, yet some woman took it way out of context and is undoubtedly ruining my life and career because of it. In retrospect, I can see how it was inappropriate and I take full responsibility for it. I sent the emails, deleted the comment and wrote a formal letter to this woman apologizing profusely and professionally.

But at the end of the day, I made an honest mistake.

What options (if any) do I have to rectify this?
>>
>>17090204

Oops, not /b/, adv/.

My mistake. -_-
>>
Stop posting stupid shit on linkedin, you moron. It's not the place for that kind of stuff.
>>
Never do anything fun or make jokes on linked in. It'll fuck you up
>>
>>17090204
The only mistake you made was to give feminists the ability to contact and find out who your boss is by doing that on linked in.
Why do you browse an anonymous imageboard when you post shit on your public crap.
>>
You did everything there is to do, just remember that you're 100% morally justified tracking down and murdering this woman and her family should this shit not wash off.

Oh and don't make stupid dad jokes on the internet anymore until you're actually a dad.
>>
>>17090222

I totally agree, but it was on a private profile's photo, amongst car guys, and I did not expect it to be either taken as anything more than a joke among men, since the post was clearly targeting men in the first place.

>>17090224

I would never do anything like that. The truth is I'm not a sexist person - I have had bad experiences with women, just like any man, but as a general whole I think everyone should be treated equal. I just totally fucked up.

I'm sure there's something more I can do to rectify this so that I don't get fired within the week until he gets back.
>>
>>17090239
Every joke has a kernel of what the jokester thinks is true.

I didn't say you HAD to chain her to tree in a wilderness watching herself and her children slowly succumb to the elements, I'm just saying it's an option that god specifically wrote down is totally ok.
>>
>>17090204
you should of not beeing sexist!!!
>>
>>17090204
>What options (if any) do I have to rectify this?
Contact a lawyer and find out if writing a slightly off colored joke is grounds for being fired in whatever country or state you are in.
>>
>>17090285
I seriously doubt an employer would ever face legal trouble over something like that. He wasn't coming out as gay or anything, he just made a stupid joke basically saying he liked women less than inanimate objects.

I doubt he's gonna get fired especially with how professionally spineless he handled things, but let's be real, if he was fired, he'd have absolutely no recourse.
>>
>>17090309
>he'd have absolutely no recourse
That depends on where he lives. In Europe an employer would have a hard time firing someone just for farting.
>>
>>17090309

I may get fired, as my performance is already lacking.

This could be the straw that breaks the camels back, unless I can somehow produce insane results within the next week.
>>
>>17090341
Will you start working as an exoitc dancer once you get fired, or will you further pursue your talent as a comedian?
>>
>>17090204

Don't fall for the public social media meme, anon.

Keep your online activity anonymous when possible, and limited to people you've actually met at least once face to face when not.

People that you're personally interacted with won't do this kind of shit to you because they don't have the impersonal shield of the internet to protect them from being confronted on their own stupidity.

In your situation I would just play it cool and try to let it slide by. Focus on being a good employee for the next month to two months. Don't be late, try to get your productivity up. Don't bring it up if you don't have to, and don't make a public OR private apology to this cunt. That's pandering, don't pander.
>>
>>17090362

I don't have a month. I have a week, until my boss gets back.

So unless one of you knows of anyone seeking the help of a recruiter, I'm SOL (that's my job).

I've learned from my mistake though. I will never post another comment from my LinkedIn profile, ever again.
>>
>>17090204

wish i could help. my boss is 75 years old and considers me too PC even though i share some pretty racist and sexist jokes with him
>>
>>17090367

I know he gets back in a week, I read the fucking thread dipshit. That's why you stop making a big deal of it and try to let it slide. Don't talk about it unless he brings it up. You don't have enough time to "patch things up" if he's already thinking about firing you, he'll just do it immediately on return.

If he doesn't fire you as soon as he gets back, you need to be a model employee for a while so you don't get fired two weeks or a month from now.
>>
>>17090400

I plan to prepare a folder of all the work I've accomplished within the past week and the upcoming week for him to review upon his return to know that I take this job seriously.

Is there anything else you think I can do? Thanks for your help - seriously.
>>
>>17090435

That sounds like an ok idea, depending on your bosses personality and the general work environment. I wouldn't take it too far beyond that though, you don't want to seem too panicked. When is the last time you had a formal employee review?

I've had >10 jobs in my life, and I've never been fired from a job for a minor fuckup like this. Hell, I've done worse. I made jokes about both lesbians and mormons in front of the owner of my company not knowing he WAS a mormon with a bull dyke daughter. How gracefully you brush it off, and how dedicated you seem to doing a good job over the next day-week-month are what makes all the difference.

Then again, I'm an Americlap so things might be different here.
>>
>>17090452

Two weeks ago. He said I had until the end of June to find a client or he'd put me on straight commission without salary.
>>
>>17090204
At this point, doing or saying anything more would be trying to dig yourself out of a hole. Don't say or do anything more about it.

You mixed your private and your public, OP, and you forgot the scope of the audience for your message (albeit an off-hand comment). It doesn't mean *you're* sexist, but you have to own the fact that your *words* were.

And it seems like you have. So now, the only thing to do is try to be more aware of and anti-sexist. Make a donation toward a women's clinic in your company's name, and don't put your name on it, and if your boss asks, just say "it was the right thing to do" - and actually mean it and don't just do it to try and make up for something you've done.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.