[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I have kids? My girlfriend and I are about to graduate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 9

File: jvm2T6q.jpg (96KB, 599x925px) Image search: [Google]
jvm2T6q.jpg
96KB, 599x925px
Should I have kids?

My girlfriend and I are about to graduate and have been together for 4 years. She was fine with not having kids till like 30 until this year.

I've been busting my ass to get my degree and finally have some money for a fridge full of food and a car that doesn't scare me and she's badgering me about kids at 23. I havnt lived yet and want to experience some shit before getting into something like that. Are there any pros to kids?

My mom even says her biggest regret is having kids because she spent all her money on us.
>>
>>17023098
this. This is precisely why i borke up. I'm 22 and she was 23.
>>
>>17023098
>My mom even says her biggest regret is having kids

gee thanks mom
>>
>falling for the having kids meme
>>
Why do women want kids so bad?
>>
I'm 30 and have a 6 month old. Don't do it bro. Wait till you're at LEAST my age. Also if you have kind of hobby or passion pursue the shit out of it now. Don't let some girl run your life until you've completely given up on your dreams
>>
>>17023120
The only thingredients I want to do is travel on vacation and make money for a few years. I want to get a nice house and build up for my retirement
>>
>>17023098
>My mom even says her biggest regret is having kids because she spent all her money on us.

What a colossal fucking cunt.
Kids are fantastic. I felt the same way when I was 24, started having kids, now I honestly wish I had started sooner.
Sounds like you need some perspective other than your moms.
>>
>>17023133

All of those things will be extremely difficult with a kid
>>
>>17023137
My grandparents think it's a bad idea too. My mom's not mean about it, but financially it was her worst decision.
>>
>>17023098
>I havnt lived yet and want to experience some shit before getting into something like that.
Then do it. Enjoy your young lives together before settling down. Don't need to do it right now just cause your gf wants it. Oh, and marry her first. Don't have kids with her unless you know you're in it for the long haul.

>Are there any pros to kids?
Fulfillment, feeling of success, feeling of accomplishment, legacy, support and source of happiness in old age, etc. Basically, it's a gigantic part of most people's lives, and it's hard to just give some random pros and cons. You'll basically be entering the next stage of life, fatherhood.

>>17023133
People raising kids usually do that stuff (vacations, getting a nice house, saving for retirement) too. After all, a lot of vacations are family-oriented (disneyland), a 2-story house feels empty with just 2 people, and saving for retirement never really stops until the day you retire.
It helps enormously if one or both of you have family or friends that can help with the kids, since you can even leave them with grandma for 2 weeks and go on a romantic cruise or some shit.

>My mom even says her biggest regret is having kids because she spent all her money on us.
hahaha oh wow
>>
>>17023120
>Don't let some girl run your life until you've completely given up on your dreams

B-b-bbbut that's /r9k/ redpilled propaganda!
>>
>>17023098
I'm 30 and having my first later this year.

Wait until your late 20s or early 30s. Live cheap and save some money so you can travel a little before you have a kid. Totally worth it.

Also, wrap your dick from on. Maybe she is trust worthy, maybe her urge to have kids will over ride her logic.
>>
Cool but if your girlfriend (or any female) waits that long for a kid, they're gonna probably be slow.
>>
>>17023117
They are ultimately just insects that only care about producing offspring. They want to "propagate life" but only in the same sense that cancer cells and insect queens propagate life.
>>
>>17023137
Oh look the career housewife showed up
>>
As someone who had kids, it does change your life, but the biggest change that I have experienced is the first couple of years when the kid is entirely dependent on you. As the kid becomes more independent at 3 and 4, you start getting more and more of your life back. They're not some total life-ruining thing if you have the means to readily support them. Finances are going to be the biggest concern in how much time you have to spend supporting the kid, and some people are going to have better luck with that.

Traveling with a kid is a little harder but not too much. I've traveled with my kid plenty.

You don't hear a lot about the pros of kids, but they can be really fun and really funny, they're another person who loves you that you can share your life with, someone to talk to and teach.

There's advantages and disadvantages to both having them early and having them late.

Having kids early means it's harder on you financially, but easier on you physically. You have more energy for the kids and kids born to younger parents tend to be healthier. It also means that once the kids are grown up and out of the house, you're still young enough to travel and do things after the kids.

Having them older means you're more secure financially, but it will be harder on yours and the kids' bodies. You'll probably have done a lot of stuff beforehand and are less likely to feel you wasted your youth, you'll have more of a cushion of money if something goes wrong, and in general you have more life experience you can call on. You may feel more ready for kids when you're older.

cont.
>>
>>17023227
cont.

My advice as a parent:

How does your relationship stack up? You've been together a long time, that's good. But when the going gets tough, what happens? Do you work together and solve the problems or do you fight? Do you address problems quickly before they get out of hand?
Kids can be a challenge, and you need to be sure you two will work together when they are. But if you two do work together well and stay on the same team, you're probably gonna be just fine no matter what happens.

You two need to be on board together for this to work. if you two have different goals, you need to find a compromise both are happy with.

My suggestion is to have the house for a year at least, and build up a financial cushion. You want to have money in savings, particularly for medical bills that come up. Having money saved up can make all the difference.
Also make sure you've decided what you're going to be doing once you have the kid.
Will someone stay home and take care of them? If someone stays home, will you be okay on a single income?
Will both of you work? If both of you work, what will you do as a caretaker? Is there a family member who offers their services, or will you pay for one?

You also want to make sure that you two agree on parenting methods, or (again) come up with a compromise both people are happy with. What will be the ground rules? What will happen with rewards and/or punishments? You two need to be on the same page because consistency is key.

As a last word, oftentimes you're not gonna feel really ready, especially if a kid is already on their way. But people are adaptable, and you'll figure it out as you go. Nobody is a perfect parent, everyone just tries their best.

I'll be around for a while if you have questions.
>>
OP, I say don't have kids. All I have really is firsthand evidence, but now that I'm almost 30 and a high % of people around me have kids, they all seem really unhappy.

Approach the idea again when you're older.
>>
I'm 32 and still unsure. The thought of losing sleep and having less money is what's keeping me from going full force into parenthood.
>>
>>17023117
Mostly because all their friends are. I noticed a lot of my friends dropped off the planet after getting married and having kids. They started to surround themselves with other moms and married couples.
>>
>>17023243
Solid advice.

I have 2 kids. I had them when i was young, first one at 23. Yea i was totally not ready mentally or financially. Thing is i wanted to have kids while i was young because then if they have kids ill get to enjoy having grandkids at a young age. Ill be able to help my own kids out. Sounds kinda retarded to many people but thats what i wanted. My own parents were young when they started. And my parents are still young considering their oldest grandkid is 10 and my mom is 55. I also didnt want to be 65 and my first kid is just getting out of highschool.

Having kids is great but can also be challenging. They will push your buttons and test your patience. You will always have to put them first and i find with some of my peers this is over looked. The tablet or tv is not a baby sitter.

I actually wanted 3 kids. Then when my son was born my wife said no way, 2 is enough. She got her tubes tied. Yea im glad we stopped at 2. Im 30 and my oldest is 6 and my youngest is 3 soon to be 4.
>>
>>17023098

You can still experience things while having kids.

Yeah kids cost money but most Americans are mouth breathing retards when it comes to managing money and need as few real responsibilities as possible to avoid being broke as fuck.

If you're not a financial retard and want kids then go for it.

If people in the bronze age could raise children then you can too.
>>
if you don't want kids and you stay with your gf I advise you to be VERY careful with your birth control, if she's on the pill start using condoms again because she will "accidentally" forget to take her pill, and keep the condoms on your person or they will mysteriously get holes poked into them.
>>
Your gf is thinking of her future. She doesn't want to waste anymore time if the relationship isn't heading towards marriage and babies. It's understandable.
>>
never fertilize rotten eggs. after 25 those things go downhill quick. retardation, autism, downs, birth defects, just to name a few. plus infertility, and miscarriages are more likely.
Alcohol, and drugs also mess up eggs, and over time the odds of damaged babies are increased significantly.
If she drank a lot or used drugs, her eggs may already be bad, but definitely don't wait any longer if she wants to get knocked up, or it will only get worse.
>>
>>17023277
Eh, that doesn't guarantee you'll have grandkids. My parents had 4 kids before they were 30. They're now 62, all of us are in our 30's and none of us have kids. Not NEETs either, we all have college degrees, careers, relationships (except one) and our own homes. And I'm grateful they're not guilting us into having kids for their own sake.
>>
Ask her to wait a couple of years. Her eggs will still be there (hopefully) when she's 25-27, and you will have had more time for yourself. Kids are great, but rushing into them is a bad idea. Build up a rainy day fund first, go have fun.

>tfw have a kid at 23
It's an incredible feeling, but sometimes I'm sad that I can't just do whatever the hell I want. Of course, when I do have a babysitter, I can't be away from the baby for more than an hour without missing him. There's no real winning.
>>
>>17023313
True. And i wont even push my kids to have kids. Having children isnt for everyone and some people just shouldnt have kids. My statement is assuming if my kids do have their own children then ill be around (also assuming im in good health, they dont hate me, or if i am even alive).
>>
How bad does a woman's body fall apart after having kids?
>>
>>17023316
I was 21. You need to make more friends, people you trust to watch your baby, so you can have a life. It isn't healthy for either of you, if you are unhappy being stuck watching the baby.
Other parents, for example. you watch their baby once a week, they watch yours once a week. no paying for babysitters, its an even swap.
>>
>>17023366
Different with everyone. If she has good health before she'll bounce right back after the baby. If her health is not so good, it can take longer, or never return.
As for her vagina, its the same answer. If she knows she has muscles in there, and knows how to use them, she'll be good as new in no time. Practice fisting to prepare for the baby, stretching her vagina one day and then letting her recover for 2 weeks, then stretch it again.
Learning to use these muscles is important.
>>
File: BabyHeadSize.jpg (96KB, 962x868px) Image search: [Google]
BabyHeadSize.jpg
96KB, 962x868px
>>17023411
>>
>>17023378
I have trust issues, and my closest friend has three children, all autistic. I don't think it would be an even swap. I'll try harder to make friends at story time, though.
>>
>>17023190
Topkek m8
>>
>>17023117

I don't know. It seems like some women just suddenly lose their fucking minds and decide they need to have kids right then and they can't think rationally anymore.

I refuse to believe feeling broody is a real thing. I think they're just dumb bitches with no self-discipline that should be avoided.
>>
>>17023491
Is it that hard to believe seeing how many people are also driven to have sex?

How long can you go without a wank? Daily or every few days is pretty normal.
>>
don't worry china make lots of baby
you no need baby
drink beer forget baby
>>
>>17023491
pretty edgy brah
>>
>>17023366
it never truly goes back to the way it once was
>>
>>17023521
its an abstract kind of shitpost
>>
>>17023491
Here's a thought. If biology didn't make people want to have kids, then they wouldn't have kids. Thus, their genes wouldn't be passed on. It's the genes of people who want to breed that survive.

It also makes sense that evolution would also leave people who don't breed much or often. People who only breed once usually take better care of the single kid due to less competition for resources, so the single kids are successful. But they still needed to breed at some point to have that kid.

There's gonna be variants that don't have kids, and indirect fitness is a thing, but species survive through their offspring, and the ones that breed before they die are successful. It's only recently that we have civilization with people living so long. There hasn't been enough time for that to change very much.
>>
>>17023366
Well, I gave birth about eight months ago. The most drastic changes are to my lower belly, which now has a weird little pouch of flab, and to my breasts. The breasts mostly returned to their original shape, except the right is bigger, and the areola is stretched. If it doesn't go back to normal in a few months, I'll get surgery in a year or so.

I gained an absurd amount of weight during pregnancy, though. I gained 75 lbs, most women gain around 30 I think. Women who gain less are probably going to have less drastic changes.

My ass and hips are doing pretty well, I love my new pear shape, and my vag is actually tighter than it was pre-baby. So I wouldn't say I was wrecked, but I was damaged.

I can also say that the hottest body I've ever seen belonged to a stripper who had a 6 month old. Everything was tight and perky. I am insanely jealous of her perfect B-cup titties and sweet abs.
>>
>>17023538
no shitpost
china make baby twice as fast as people die in whole world
no need world make baby
china got it covered
you make kitty cat instead
>>
It really pisses me off when girls want kids and the guy just gives in.

My parents tried for 6 fucking years to have me because my mom wanted kids so bad, then she had to have a second one. My mom stayed home and my dad was a fucking plumber. Two kids grew up poor because a man couldn't tell his wife no.
>>
>>17023098
do it now if you want boys

any older, your going to either get girls or your boys will become faggots
>>
>>17023642
Show the proof.
>>
>>17023541
your single kid is better theory has some illogical thinking.

you suggest that one child is healthier, because parents only have to water the garden once a week to feed one child. I can tell you right now that garden is going to die.

My parents had 7 children. It isn't harder when you have more children, it's easier. 7 children water the garden, and grow more than enough food for the whole family, friends and some neighbors. After a while parents don't have to work as hard, because older children babysit, and do more chores around the house.

Oldest child had it hardest. He had no older siblings to learn from.
I am the youngest. I watched my older brothers and sisters doing homework. I tested at 3rd grade level when I was 5. I skipped kindergarten straight into 1st grade, and moved to 2nd grade a few months later. I graduated 4 years early, and had over 30 college credits at the time.

You don't need to have 7 children, but if you insist on only having one, don't let them turn out like my oldest brother.
Raise your child around other older children.
Children don't learn from being kept in a room with children their own age that don't know more than you already know.
My oldest brother would been even dumber, if he had been an only child. At least he was able to learn some things around the house from his younger siblings. But he's clearly disadvantaged.
>>
>>17023671
I've also seen huge families that couldn't take care of their own due to not having enough money. Kids who were sick and needed treatment but couldn't get it. A shitty house with things like roaches and mold.

A whole bunch of kids is also not always better. it depends on the circumstances. Like anything, there's advantages and disadvantages.
>>
>>17023671
This is why our legal systems around the world, give preferential treatment to the eldest child. The eldest is least equipped to make it in the world, so he inherits the parents home, or apprentices in the family business.

Other cultures were not so kind to the eldest child. First born, were often sacrificial . Obviously recognized as inferior to latter born children, the eldest was gladly sold into slavery. Not legal today of course.
>>
>>17023293
Dude that's fucking insane I know that this happens to men but in my relationship that would never happen because of genuine trust. Isn't real trust a thing anymore?
>>
>>17023747
Real trust is a thing but there also really shitty people out there. Trust is a thing but abuse is also a thing, too.
>>
>>17023690
If you think money is important to raising children, we could argue the merits for days. 7 children might require 2 playstations, for example, but one will suffice, if you've done your job as a parent.
If that doesn't sum it up in a nutshell, let me know, and i'll give a hundred more examples of how sharing resources between 7 is more economical than wasting them on one.
It's multiplication, one child gets one toy. 7 children have 7.
>>
>>17023748
Well you're right, and we don't know anything about this girlfriend. Is she nurturing? Does she have a good sense of humor? Or is she a psycho who is trying to fill some void in her soul?
>>
>>17023747
Accidents happen, even with birth control. Would you automatically assume malice if she were to get pregnant?
>>
>>17023755
Money is important when food, housing, schooling, and medical care (especially medical care) are a concern. Medical care is damn expensive and there's a lot of people who can't afford it. The kind of people who don't have the money to treat sickness as it happens and then have to spend more money in the long run when a small problem becomes a big one and they have to go to the emergency room.

I'm not talking about buying expensive toys, I'm talking about basic needs. And when it comes to basic needs, paying for seven kids is much more expensive than one. That's basic arithmetic.
>>
>>17023807
7 kids means college will fuck you.
>>
>>17023801
I watch her take it every night to be sure and check the packages later.
>>
if you have kids, prepare to be less happy until the kids leave home for good. many couples report a significant drop in relationship satisfaction. well, there's the initial spike when they bring the baby home and have it for a short time. then the reality kicks in that babies are pieces of shit and they're stuck with one for over 18 years, and then the happiness levels drop
>>
>>17023755
Many people fail to grasp applied mathematics, or basic logic in general.
They understand 2x2 = 4 and they truly believe it. The line between fantasy and reality gets blurred and they have a hard time dealing with it.

In the example one toy shared by seven children becomes 7 toys to the children sharing it. It's not one/seventh of a toy, as it appears on paper. Each child gets to play with a whole toy, It is not ripped to pieces.

How many toys did you quickly get tired of when you were a child? Nobody needs a whole toy all to themselves. When you outgrow a toy it is passed on and becomes a whole new toy for someone else. The first law of conservation of toys.

Some old wise person said it best:
A Grief shared is half the grief.
A joy shared is twice the joy.

Can an only child understand this logic?
Maybe not as easily as a sibling.

One of my siblings passed away.
I could argue that it was 7 times the grief,
but my parents were not devastated, by the loss of one/seventh when we were ripped apart.

This is the real world application of math.
You can't multiply dollars. Money cannot be created or destroyed.
You might think 7 kids would cost 7 times as much, or you might be starting to see how it costs one/seventh, but even that doesn't do logic justice. Seven children in reality not only pay for themselves, it's a wise investment for your own future. The payoff is immeasurable.
Your odds of having grandchildren with your "only child" are slim. Chances are, he or she didn't learn to share, and you're going prematurely gray.
With 7 children, you can count on reaching a ripe old age, and having at least a dozen grandchildren. You might have a few disappointments, but odds are, you'll have more success than you know what to do with.
And that brings us back to sharing.
>>
>>17023671
Studies indicate that generally, the oldest child is the smartest and most successful. The theories as to why are that 1) the parents are stricter with the oldest child, and care less about discipline with subsequent children, and 2) the child actually benefits more from NOT being surrounded by other children, who have poorly developed language and reasoning skills, and instead benefit more from interactions with adults. There might be other theories, this is just last I checked up on it.

Look up "birth order IQ" or something like that, you'll find a bunch of shit.
>>
>>17023969
There can be benefits later, definitely, but you can't sit here and argue that there will magically be more money at the beginning when you have seven mouths to feed.

My mother herself was one of three children from a poor family. The family could only afford to send two children to college.

My father-in-law is one of eight children, and is basically the only one who is taking care of his mother in her failing years. Many of the children of those other siblings did not get the medical and mental health care that they needed. One of them had the same problem that needed medication that an only child did. They never recieved it, while the only child did because the family was better equipped to pay for it due to not having as much financial burden.

More kids does not equal more money. Yes, things can be shared. But kids do not provide income until much later in life.
>>
>>17023807
>Money is important when food, housing, schooling, and medical care

Food. Grows on trees bro. No fucking lie, it's like magic. You put seeds in the ground, and poof.... carrots, lettuce, beans, cucumbers, bananas.....
Food doesn't cost money. Food is money.
Children don't cost money, children are money.
Children water the food, children become doctors, lawyers, drug addicts, teachers, politicians, scientists.
Children are school, children are medical care.
Children are not an expense, they are money in the bank.
>>
>>17023310
That's over 35, dumbass. Pass high school biology before you try to comment on things you don't know about.
>>
>>17024044
Children absolutely are an expense. That is why kids are a tax deduction.

Have you ever had any kids of your own? I have. If you haven't, you don't have the experience to say this.
>>
>>17023627
It pisses you off that you exist? Better kill yourself.
>>
>>17023098
just realize it's the biggest commitment of your life, take your job as a parent very seriously. it doesn't mean your fun life is over but it does mean you won't have as much recreational fun as you used to.

eventually down the road having kids will make your life feel more fulfilled in your 50's/60's
>>
>>17024044
Because everybody grows food. Because grocery stores aren't a thing. Because people don't have to pay for goods and services like medicine. Do you even economics, bro?

Yeah they can provide for you later but what about the first twenty years?
>>
>>17023098
kids are amazing. I'm a 26 yo mother of two. a 7 yo and a 6 month old. I think they are amazing and I could not imagine going through life without having kids. but yes they are crazy expensive and I'd say wait till your settled and have your own house. being to broke to give your kids stuff you'd like to is the worst feeling. wait till your financial stable and can give a kid a great childhood
>>
>>17023995
your data definitely applies to OP's question
You should start having children as young as possible. Her ages were made at puberty, and they don't last forever.
Now for the bad news. His sperm were just made yesterday, with DNA photocopied from his manlet DNA. Their first born has the advantage of being a fresh egg, but it get fertilized with that, it's gonna have high IQ, but is it really what she wants?
She needs more mature DNA in the sperm for her eggs. Manly DNA from a more mature manly man. That would give her a baby she can be proud of. She makes a baby with someone who's scared to be a father, that baby's gonna have two vaginas.
>>
>>17024044
If you only had another kid by the time your oldest kid could completely care for the new one, you'd have three or four kids in your entire lifetime, not including when you stop being fertile.
>>
>>17023117
hormones and maternal instincts

>>17023174
>>17023275
>>17023491
these are all bs
>>
>>17024105
>Her ages were made at puberty
I'm squinting as hard as I can.
>>
>>17024133
I think they meant eggs. And far as I remember, eggs are present at birth. it's sperm that starts being produced at puberty, because sperm has a life. The eggs aren't made, only released.
>>
>>17024133
her eggs*
>>
File: unrele10.jpg (42KB, 538x434px) Image search: [Google]
unrele10.jpg
42KB, 538x434px
>>17023098
>tfw gf says she doesn't want kids until around 27
>>
>>17024143
women are born with a few million "eggs"
but they are not "gametes"
the eggs grow in follicles and pop out one or 2 at a time when they are ready.
most of her eggs die, and are not replaced
many things kill eggs. drugs, alcohol, antibiotics, coffee

billions of sperm produced daily
only to die at the hands of a parent
only a rare few survive and go on to make him a grandfather
>>
>>17023576
>I gained an absurd amount of weight during pregnancy, though. I gained 75 lbs, most women gain around 30 I think. Women who gain less are probably going to have less drastic changes.
How did you put on so much weight?
>>
>>17024068

Everyone should grow most of their own food.
Not just because the bible says reap what you sew, but because a lot of that crap in the grocery store is nasty.
Genetically modified food, not for me, but if you like it you can eat it. No not a conspiracy, it's just shit. Farmers don't grow the most nutritious plants, they grow the fastest and easiest, so they can make more money. Most people don't care about nutrition, they just buy the cheap stuff the farmer sells, and go to the doctor when they get sick. Rarely do they make a connection between poor nutrition and getting sick.

Healthier more nutritious plants take a little longer to grow, but wtf, it's not like you have to carry it in your body for 9 months, it's a freakin plant. Just put it in the ground and 30-50 days later harvest it. inb4 ermagher that's so hard, i'll just buy shit instead, my kids won't care, they like getting sick and staying home from school.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jEir3tR0k90
>>
>>17024226
>women are born with a few million "eggs"
but they are not "gametes"

>the literal definition of gamete means to marry

>implying sperm cells join to make offspring
>>
>>17024172
tell her that by the time she's 27 her skin will have lost most of it's elasticity. so getting pregnant then will leave stretch marks all over the place. plus that extra 10 years of partying will fry her eggs, and after carrying the baby for 9 months and raising it for a few years before it begins to show signs of mental defect, she'll be too attached to it to put it up for adoption. then you're stuck raising a retard (no offense to all you retards, and retard parents, keep up the good work)
>>
File: gamete_-_Google_Search.png (9KB, 542x202px) Image search: [Google]
gamete_-_Google_Search.png
9KB, 542x202px
>>17024717
Peggy, I am disappoint. I expected so much more from you.
>>
>>17024755
Its greek you goof

from Ancient Greek Ī³Ī±Ī¼ĪµĻ„Ī® gamete from gamein "to marry"[1]
>>
>>17023117
For people that genuinely should have kids, it's because they want to start a loving family together and are willing to sacrifice their own selfish desires for their kids.

For other trash, it's because they think it's trendy or some shit. That or the condom broke.

>>17024745
>I don't know anything about children or pregnancy, nor should I ever procreate
>>
>>17024775
My sister makes the same mistakes, so don't feel bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_cell
>>
>>17024796
I didn't make a mistake
>>
>>17024784
>willing to sacrifice their own selfish desires for their kids.

This is the part that I just don't get.
I don't sacrifice anything for my kids. Ok, wait, there were her tiny little breasts I liked so much. Not getting those back, but they were replaced by these awesome grapefruits that have milk in them. Do you know what you with those things. exactly, so it's not a sacrifice it's a trade up. goodbye little bewbs, hello paizuri

having kids isn't so much an obligation as it is an honor, and a responsibility. I chose to work smarter, and make a better home for my family. aside from the bewbs, i didn't give up a thing. I have a hundred times more now than pre-parenthood.

Look at it this way.

Maybe you just love smoking weed, and keep asking yourself over and over "what do i want to do with my life" and then you smoke some more and then you ask again.
Or perhaps you drink, and puke, and swear you'll never drink again, and then you get your paycheck and go get drunk again.

That's not living. That's retarded, and has no purpose in life.

When you have a baby it give you a direction in life. THIS is what i'm doing this weekend.
Teaching my kids how to snorkel, and find pretty shells. Then they go to sleep and mommy and I fool around, and there's work, and then find more interesting things to do.

some people need discipline in their lives, that's what babies are for
>>
>>17024819
>I didn't make a mistake

you confused a verb and a noun
don't sweat it.

boys and girls will MARRY
not boys and girls married

seriously, Greek boys marry boys anyway
anyone could make that mistake
>>
>>17024796
In animals, egg cells are also known as ova (singular ovum, from the Latin word ovum meaning egg or egg cell).

The term ovule is used for the young ovum of an animal. In vertebrates, ova are produced by female gonads (sexual glands) called ovaries and all of them are present at birth in mammals and mature via oogenesis and become gametes.
>>
>>17024901
Its a verb in the original language
>>
File: giphy.gif (1MB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
1MB, 300x224px
>>17024901
what the heck are you talking about
>>
>>17024954
They don't become gametes, they are gametes. Sperm == gamete. Egg == gamete. You copied that from wikipedia (plagiarism) and added "and become gametes." Why would you do that??? Why are you lying??
>>
>>17024962
>Its a verb in the original language

Swimming is a verb
Swimming fins is a noun. from the verb swimming
swimming fins sit in the closet, they do not swim
gametes can marry the opposite sex gamete

the gamete (noun) is named for the fact that it can marry. not because it will marry, or has married.
a few million eggs never marry, for every one that does.
>>
>>17024888

What if you don't need direction in your life and are a responsible adult with their own shit and hobbies and plans? What if you don't like big ol' sack of shit cow titties?

What if drinking and partying during the weekend doesn't make you ask "what do I want to do with my life" but "this is fun?"

Teaching kids how to snorkel and find seashells doesn't sound like fun. Also, listing "work" as something you get to do is shitty.

More power to you with your kids though.
>>
Dude, don't even think about having kids until you're 30. I'm 24 and there's a couple people I work with around my age that have children. After hearing them talk about it, I've never been so happy to be chronically single. I'm able to travel, do cool shit, have a decent amount of disposable income etc. Meanwhile they have to spend all their time taking care of their kids, and spend lots of money on them. Seriously dude, not worth it yet.
>>
>>17024999
gametogenesis: egg becomes viable
see lunar cycle
spermatogenesis: sperm becomes viable
see day cycle
>>
>>17024463
Genetiks
>>
>>17025076

Some people are happy fapping 24/7/365
and 366 on leap year.
That's a choice, and like you said, more power to them.

Some people are gay, some people color their hair blue, some people, like cats.

There is no rule that you have to give up what you want to do. It's a choice.

If a gay man, suddenly says to his husband. Hey I wanna fuck bitches. The two of them need to talk. If they can't come to terms, and they break-up so he can do his new thing. More power to him.

There is no normal. There's no shame the gay man to keep being gay if he wants to go straight.

There's nothing dictating how you live, unless you're Islamic, they have rules against a lot of things, and rules telling you where to put your penis. You can chose not to be Islamic, if you want to do something else, so even islamic people have a choice.

No one forces you to suck dick, or make babies. If you choose to be an alcoholic, more power to you.

Also don't confuse work with "job" I'm no wagecuck. I have 30 employees who do all the "work" as part of their "job" I pay them to do. I said
>I chose to work smarter, and make a better home for my family.
not a single regret, quitting my "job" to have a family.

and snorkeling was just something we recently did when we went to the islands.
>>
>>17025194

My bad, you're a more rational person than I thought, as long as you're the one I was replying to. People can do whatever makes them happy on my end, I just hate the mindset that kids make you mature, and that no one who doesn't have them can be considered a real adult - or living an enriching life.
>>
>>17025095
Tell, how much more did you east during your pregnancy?
>>
The world as we know it is changing.

Trump is not even in office yet, and illegal aliens across the country, afraid of being deported are marrying /r9k/ to get their citizenship.

/r9k/ might soon be making babies
>>
>>17025360
Whoa link?

I need to get me a QT immigrant
>>
>>17024044
>Children water the food, children become doctors, lawyers, drug addicts, teachers, politicians, scientists.
That's...oh wait, you mentioned addicts, nevermind.
>Children are school, children are medical care.
>Children are not an expense, they are money in the bank.
This is only true if your kids don't wind up resenting and hating you.
>>
>>17024105
>Now for the bad news. His sperm were just made yesterday, with DNA photocopied from his manlet DNA. Their first born has the advantage of being a fresh egg, but it get fertilized with that, it's gonna have high IQ, but is it really what she wants?
>She needs more mature DNA in the sperm for her eggs. Manly DNA from a more mature manly man. That would give her a baby she can be proud of. She makes a baby with someone who's scared to be a father, that baby's gonna have two vaginas.
Citation needed
>>
>>17025599
I mentioned addict, because my older sister got herself hooked on heroin. Rehab converted her to a pothead. Smokes weed day and night. No school, no job, just weed weed weed. She doesn't even date guys.

It happens. If you only have one baby and the meet the wrong guy and he gets her started using drugs, then you have to deal with it.

More than one child it's not as big a deal, but if your only child goes sour, your bloodline is finished.

Any good estate planner will tell you, your family is going to need a doctor, a lawyer, etc.
Like the other anon said, life can be expensive, if you don't have a big family. My parents weren't the only ones who enjoyed sex a lot. Their parents had lots of kids too. Doctors, etc. all over the family.

If you aren't part of a big family, who supported you, and educated you, and taught you right from wrong, then you might resent or hate your parents. When you family has parties, weddings, and big events going on all the time, and lots of things to do. Family stuff, it would be rude to resent them.
>>
>>17023969
Interesting post. But money can be destroyed?

Stock market crash evaporates millions of $$ in wealth in hours? Or you would argue that the value was overpriced and was never there to start with? An illusion believed by many?
>>
Propagating the species is overrated
>>
>>17025925
Money doesn't vaporize anon.

Stocks, like any other form of gambling, has winners and losers. You sound like a loser, no offense, it just means you don't know how to gamble.

When I put up an IPO. I say my company is worth $x Dummies like you say OMFG I have to give him my money, and you do. real hard cash, for my imagined value of my company.
you call all your friends and tell them you made a few bucks, and they buy some more worthless paper, giving me their cash.
This money is real, and it doesn't vaporize it's in my pocket. you bought my company which was vapor. I fire a bunch of employees, and now that i'm not paying their salaries, profits go through the roof. they did their job before they got fired, they manufactured widgets, and filled a warehouse full of them. enough to keep selling for a few months. profits are up stockholders are happy, they boards gets raises, everyone's happy.
Later, after i'm long gone from the picture, you bought my company remember. The warehouse is now empty, the board was paid all the profits, and now suddenly the company isn't functioning. your paper vaporizes.
the money did not.

When I say money can't be created or destroyed, I'm dead serious. Every cent you paid can be accounted for. Mostly in my pocket.

Like I said in my prior post you can't multiply dollars. Except on paper.
Numbers are not real. Numbers merely represent some thing. Real or imagined.

2 apples. 2 Dollars

Way too many people don't get it.

2 Dollars x 10 = 2 Dollars
It doesn't magically create 18 dollars
there were only 2 dollars in the beginning
and there are still only 2 dollars

keep buying stocks btw, this year things will be better.
>>
File: images.jpg (146KB, 720x1080px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
146KB, 720x1080px
>>
>>17023168
Are you 12? Nobody has kids til 30 these days. You could only really afford to start a family if you're in a great post grad role, unless you've got a time machine back to before the 2006 financial crisis
>>
Help her find a father with good genes, and let them do what they gotta do for a few months to get her knocked up. Then you graduate, and focus on working, while she prepares for the baby.

Here's a quick checklist of genes you want to focus on so that your child grows up, happy, Intelligent, healthy, and emotionally stable.

1 Fit genes
2 Smart genes
3 Big cock genes
4 Handsome genes

Avoid:
obesity genes
alcoholism genes
cancer genes
drug user genes
small penis genes
tiny balls genes
ginger genes
diseased genes
mental illness genes

when he grows up and says "thanks dad"
you'll know you did the right thing not giving him those tiny balls
>>
>>17024463
I was depressed (I really fucking hated being pregnant) so I ate a ton and slept all day. I frequently fantasized about killing myself during pregnancy, so instead of running my car into a building, I comfort ate and slept as much as I could.

I'm in an awkward position now where I want another baby, but I would rather die than be pregnant again. So I'm trying to convince doctors to sterilize me, but they won't because they're sure I'll regret it.
>>
>>17025886
This an interesting argument, but that's just an anecdote. There is only one doctor in my family...and my father came from a big family. My uncle was pushed to be a doctor. So I disagreeā€¦unless you're going to force your children into professions you desire. There's no guarantee enough of your kids will grow up to be professionals and take care of the family.

Having any more than 2 kids also contributes to overpopulation. This planet can't handle any more people.
>>
>>17023098
Wow no offense but your mom sounds like a greedy cunt hole.

I am 29 with a 7 mo old and one more on the way. It hasn't ruined my life like my middle class upbringing deluded me into thinking. I wish I had kids earlier because the risks get higher with age. For example just today I saw that a 20 year old woman has a 1 in 12,000 chance of having a baby with a chromosomal disorder, while a 40
Year old woman has a 1 in 30 chance. Wow.
>>
>>17026914
Thats untrue gross middle class values brainwashing.
Many many many people have kids younger and you SHOULD. Having a kid at 30 means higher chance of complications and you are already getting old and run down and don't have the energy needed for successful child rearing. You just become a crappy cliche of the middle class parent always complaining about how hard it is and how tired you are.

If you are okay with sending your kid to public school they really dont cost much.
OP can google how to raise a baby for practically nothing and find some great financial tips.
>>
>>17026990
>unless you're going to force your children into professions you desire.

That statement makes it clear that you don't know the first thing about parenting. It is impossible to force a child to do something they don't want to do. Kids are rebellious, they aren't going to do what you tell them to do.
That's just common sense. Kids do the opposite of what you tell them to do.

"You are too young to drink young man."
"am not"
"are too"
"am not"

"sweetheart go put some clothes on"
"i don't like them"
"you don't want boys to see your boobies"
"do so"
"do not"
"do so"

>Having any more than 2 kids also contributes to overpopulation. This planet can't handle any more people.

This planet can handle a lot more people. As the Earth grows, the population grows with it.
The Earth actually needs more people to take care of her, not fewer.
It takes a lot of fertilizer to keep the Earth green, and with such a small population making fertilizer, a lot of forests are turning brown. Desert regions need the most fertilizer, so that they can sustain life again.

Bad people poo in loo, and destroy fertilizer, instead of taking it to the desert, because they are lazy.
With the current population, and projected growth rate, it will take 3000 years to make the deserts green again, but that's only if people stop pooing in loo, and wasting all the fertilizer that is supposed to be part of the circle of life.
>>
>>17027217
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJfBSc6e7QQ
>>
>>17027217
Exactly. The people who don't have toilets are doing great. Just look at all the people in India who practice open defecation.
>>
File: martian-potatoes.jpg (217KB, 1041x586px) Image search: [Google]
martian-potatoes.jpg
217KB, 1041x586px
>>17027311
If Matt Damon can survive on Mars for 2 years, growing potatoes in his own poo, then people here on Earth can do it too, even better. Because Earth has truckloads of water and Mars does not.

Plans to colonize Mars are great, but Mars is smaller than Earth, and can't easily sustain as many people as Earth can.
Once the Earth population is large enough that we have more poo than we need on Earth, we can start Missions to poo on Mars, but right now, Earth needs poo more than ever.

Stop the senseless flushing, not only are you wasting good poo, you're wasting Billions of gallons of clean water as well.
>>
>>17027367
Man, Ethiopia had it right all along. They poop outside, and they live in a bountiful wonderland of lush greenery.

Ethiopia? More like POOTOPIA, amirite?
>>
>>17023117

It's the exact same thing that drives us to enjoy sex. It's a evolutionary impulse to propagate and spread our genes.

Everything we perceive, feel, and do is based on a bunch of biological reactions that happen within our brains. Simply telling a woman to shut off her base level instinct because you want to be selfish isn't a valid request.

If you don't want kids and to be selfish, that's 100% fine. No joke. Its your life and only you can make the most of it, but it's silly and naive to try and shift someone's opinion regarding something that's so instinctive.
>>
>>17027367
>if Mark Hamil can use the force then so can you
>>
>>17027393
That's the spirit, brother.
Don't ever let bitches hold you down.
Spread your wings, and fly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4Mc-NYPHaQ
>>
>>17023098
Your mom sounds like kind of a bitch, but that aside you certainly should not rush into it. Be careful during sex because if a woman wants a baby she will get one. Wrap your shit up and make sure she has not tampered with the condoms. You can't trust birth control anymore because she will probably stop taking it when she gets fed up with trying to convince you. Explain to her that you want to wait a few more years until you are financially stable. Also tell her you want some more time alone with her. That last one should make her happy at least. Unless she is baby crazy. God help you when a woman gets baby crazy. You may have to break up with her.
>>
>>17027217
Since I haven't had to take care of an actual chronological, physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual child, no, I don't. I do have experience with a mental and emotional child (a manchild) though.

What I do know how to do is manipulate people. Children aren't that different.

>This planet can handle a lot more people. As the Earth grows, the population grows with it.
The Earth actually needs more people to take care of her, not fewer.
It takes a lot of fertilizer to keep the Earth green, and with such a small population making fertilizer, a lot of forests are turning brown. Desert regions need the most fertilizer, so that they can sustain life again.
OK, now I know you're trolling. The earth can't survive with the level of unsustainable practices humanity employs. This includes me than 2 children.

I'm done with you.
>>
>>17027388

I see this happening a lot, so I know it's bait but i'm gonna respond anyway, because it needs to be said.

People with borderline personality disorder have difficulties, mainly because of a common misconception that all men are created equal, and they take that a little too seriously.

Others do it too, but the BPD takes it one step further. Not only are they confused thinking we are all equal, BPDs think you know everything they know.
As if you grew up with them, and went to the same classes in the same schools. If they know it, you know it too.

You don't have to be neurotypical to know that is just batshit crazy. Other people aren't the same as you. They were all made different, and certainly don't know everything I know, or you know.

So it's a little irritating when you BBPDs come in here saying I believe this_____ so it's automatically true for everyone, because we are all the same, and it's true for me.

When someone says no, that's not true. You get butthurt anal mad, because you know they know it's true, and they aren't your friend anymore because they are liars.

Strip away the disease, and it's just your stinky opinion. It's not truth, it's not fact, and not everyone agrees with you.

I enjoy sex, but i'm not going to sit here and say everyone enjoys sex. I've been with plenty of girls that were more than a little freaked out by it. Sure this is just anecdotal, but deep down on at least some level you have to agree that i'm right. Not every girl want to have sex with you as much as you want to have sex with her. amiright?

So stop these crazy generalizations saying we're all equal, we all want this, and that.

most /r9k/ don't want to have sex, and obviously aren't enjoying it. Clearly the aren't suffering from any compulsion to propagate their seed in any meaningful way. Or to spread their genes further than they have to.

all men, not equal, not even close, do you even lift
>>
>>17027478
>The earth can't survive with the level of unsustainable practices humanity employs.

Much better. I'm glad you started thinking logically. Before you were talking that conspiracy crap about "If everyone on Earth adopted a typical American lifestyle, then the Earth wouldn't have enough livable land for the 7 billion people"

It's not the number of people, it's the insanity of thinking everyone needs 100,000 acres each like americans do.
Change you're ways is right. That is unsustainable.
And stop being so egocentric to think the rest of the world wants to live a shitty american existence.
"If everyone in the world ate burgers, we'd need 10 earths to bury all the cow carcasses"

you can do better. vegan is sustainable
grow it, eat it, poo it, repeat

a million acres to grow cow food to make burgers is retarded. stop growing cow food, and start growing people food instead.
then you could feed all the people with 10% of what you give cows
>>
This usually isn't the best thing to do, but in this situation, I think it's alright to do this. Tell her to SHUT THE FUCK UP. Of course, not exactly like that, but tell her to get a fucking grip. Tell her the various cons of this and that you guys should wait. If she gives you an ultimatum, leave her ass. You don't need a bitch like that. Just hope she isn't a sneaky person, she may try to pull some shit like poking holes in your condoms or not taking her birth control. You don't want to get roped into child support. Just don't put yourself into this bad situation. You have a say too.
>>
>>17023117
Historically women have been the nurturers. Just think, little girls play with baby dolls and shit. It's engrained into a lot of them.
>>
>>17027734
Historically Fathers are the nurturers.
Mother nature.
>>
>>17027734
I've never played with baby dolls. I've played with barbie dolls but I imagined them having adult lives and relationships. And I've never felt the pressure to have children. Sure one or two would be nice if I could afford it but it's no matter if I don't have any.
>>
>>17026973
You didn't get any help? You just decided to self-medicate? You didn't talk to any of your friends? How did your husband handle this?
Thread posts: 132
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.