[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone here know laws about what government agencies can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 400px-US-FBI-ShadedSeal.svg.png (163KB, 400x412px) Image search: [Google]
400px-US-FBI-ShadedSeal.svg.png
163KB, 400x412px
Does anyone here know laws about what government agencies can and cannot do in the US? Are agents of any govt agency required to tell you who they are or at least what govt agency they work for?
>>
>>17016547
>Are agents of any govt agency required to tell you who they are or at least what govt agency they work for?
Wouldn't that completely defeat the purpose of them hiding who they are and what they do in some circumstances?
>>
>>17016554
Well it's just ive been having weird encounters . I think I'm being pranked but I'm not 100% sure .
>>
Just like skinwalkers
>You do not need to worry about them.
>>
>>17016547
Aren't they required to show their badge if you ask? And if they refuse you can make a citizen's arrest, though you can't detain them. I've also read about the procedure that needs to be followed about releasing them to the nearest police officer's custody.
>>
>>17016597
Well , recently men showed up at my apartment telling me they wanted to question me about a recent "incident" . They sorta looked like gneroc FBI agents butbtuey refused to show me their badge or identify themselves. I just closed my door and ignored them. They kept ringing the door bell for 20 mins, ringing it every 5 then left. I'm assuming it was a prank but they didn't look like pranksters.
>>
>>17016610
Report them to the FBI, take pictures if you can. They are frauds, probably trying to commit home invasion or commit fraud, if you have a gun you are legally within your rights to use it on them if they do not provide a warrant or IDs and attempt an illegal forced entry.

Regardless of whether or not they do, report it nonetheless. It's not just you these fuckheads will try it on, it's other gullible folks, like older people fooled by authority figures, youngins with no concept of their rights etc.
>>
>>17016628
This whatever they're up to is no good report them to the police
>>
>>17016628
They are fucking frearless if they are pranksters or frauds. I did point a loaded pistol at them . You know what happened? They acted like I wasn't even doing anything and very calm ( and in a monotone voice ) told me this situation needs to bed addressed quickly .
>>
>>17016638
I am sure they are not pranksters, even if they are, they are committing a crime by impersonating federal officers.

Contact 911 immediately, same >>17016628 anon here, I should have mentioned what >>17016637 said and told you to call 911 immediately rather than the FBI themselves. The dispatcher will connect you with your local PD, they will then coordinate with the FBI on this matter for you, it is important they know about the threat for the rest of the community as well.

Glad you were protecting yourself, though you should be careful about pointing a gun at "potential" criminals if they have not actually trespassed, though I am by no means judging your position as I have no idea what exactly transpired. It also depends on what state you live in, if you are in Florida you're safer pointing a gun from your doorstep than if you were in Cali (just a hunch). If you do shoot someone who has trespassed in your home, make sure to finish them off and tell the police you thought he was going to kill you. People will sue you for shooting them even if they were trying to kill you themselves.

Stay safe.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.