[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Overcoming a Grudge with Family

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

I am one to hold a grudge for a very long time. I don't actively pursue getting revenge or making the other person's life worse, but when someone does something that I find very disrespectful, I find it very hard to ever want to forgive them, and no longer want to interact with them unless forced to. Much less so when they are arrogant on top of this and refuse to redeem themselves.

Right now this is the situation with a family member of mine. If I could never speak to the person again, I wouldn't. But I feel like this is not the right way to go about this. Gib some tips and stories that are related to this kind of thing please.

Pic unrelated, just random art.
>>
>>17015253
get over it.

You have your standard or life that you expect people to follow and so do they. Finding the comfort zone where you can tolerate eachother is just a part of life.
>>
>>17015273
>get over it.
How should I go about doing this when it involved physical assault and I am a neurotic person in general?
>>
Just treat them with a cold detachment - tolereate their existence, but don´t go beyond the simple "I still know you exist" most neccessary interaction.

That way you are not being rude in eyes of your family for being a jerk or whatever, but you don´t need to connect with that person whatsoever.

Some family members are great, but keeping all of them close just for the sake of "family" is overrated
>>
>>17015283
>How should I go about doing this when it involved physical assault.

look i get you want some advice here but these vague paper trail posts will not get you help.

Either dump the whole story for so we can give advice knowing everything or play this game on /r9k/
>>
>>17015301
Yeah, I feel that I've kind of been doing this lately. It helps a little. Thanks.

>>17015332
You don't need to know the story, just assume that the situation is something you yourself would find extremely difficult to forgive and forget in. We all have different standards when it comes to this. Being vague should let you just imagine the type of situation that would go beyond your own personal standards.
>>
>>17015343
>toodeepforyou.jpg

paper trail attention thread.

Out.
>>
My father held a long grudge. When he was in his thirties he was living in England with my mother, and his brother came for a visit. They were under the impression he was staying for a weekend, but it turned into several weeks. My father asked when he would leave and this offended my uncle, which in turn offended my father as my uncle had abandoned the family and generally dodged his responsibilities. And so he garnered a grudge and refused to talk to each other for 23 years, and only made up about 5 years ago. They wasted a quarter century shunning each other and gained nothing from it. It takes a big man to be able to forgive another man's faults, and my father has told me he wishes they made up sooner. Tolerate your family, they are your only one. You don't have to like or even put up with their actions, but that doesn't mean you have to abandon them.
>>
>>17015362
I hear that. Thank you.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.