[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

US Army guy here... Finally made it back home, and.....

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: VegetaPeace.jpg (57KB, 459x431px) Image search: [Google]
VegetaPeace.jpg
57KB, 459x431px
...I just got a noise complaint for playing music / watching tv "above normal volume" when I DID NOT DO SO.

>Last week, I tried a little of the newest Call of Duty around 4:30pm.
>Loud banging proceeds from the floor above, even though I really am NOT playing too loud.
>Receive a call from the woman who lives in the apartment above mine (and also happens to be a member of the board here) explaining that she had just given birth to a baby.
>She went on to explain that her husband did not want the baby and that she believed he was deliberately being unhelpful.
>She told me the baby fell asleep and that she really needed to catch up on sleep, and asked if I would lower the volume "just in case".
>I, having children myself, complied with said request regardless of how absurd it was.
>Get a letter in the mail today from the board... official noise complaint.

It ends with "We look forward to this matter being resolved without any further action on our part."

Needless to say, I am not amused... the last part is rubbing me the wrong way. It comes off threatening.

My question is, what should I do? I've never dealt with this situation before. She's lying, but she's on the board. I want to fight it, but I'm unsure about stipulations in the law regarding "noise" when living in a cooperative "community" like this one.

Thanks anons.
>>
Just tell the truth and you think that she is taking her new found stress unrightfully out on you, though you can understand it you won't stand for a official wright-up when it's unjust. also you could try squeezing in somewhere you served som people have a soft spot for that.
>>
I guess the only think you can do is confront her. Ask he pr if she made the complaint,and if she did, why? Did you not turn it down enough? Is she just a bitch?

Honestly, this is just one of those shitty ass things about living in an apartment. Before we got our house we had upstairs neighbors, and they were awful, we could basically never ever use our surround sound at any volume. I could be playing some game on 7 volume (out of like 50), with my 2 year old sleeping in the very next room with the door open, but they claimed that it made their whole apartment shake, and they would bang on their floors. Meanwhile this chicks kid would be bowling or what the fuck ever up there every fucking weekend, and she liked to vacuum for a solid hour and a half after midnight.

Use the fucking VA loan and get yourself a house. That's what we did.
>>
>>17013814
defecate in her mailbox
>>
>the law
irrelevant. if she's on the board she is your law now. you should've considered that before you moved in there.
>>
I'm writing a letter in response... here's the rough draft.

"Complaint received on/dated April 4, 2016 is false and unjustified. The sound levels in apartment #1 are always maintained at normal levels, especially after business hours. It is assumed that the person/persons who submitted the false complaint is/are the person/persons in the apartment directly above this one. Repeated banging has been heard coming from the floors above, followed by calls requesting the sound be lowered during the early day. The reason given was that they had just had a baby and the woman (who is a member of the board) is having a difficult time adjusting. I have sympathized with said situation and voluntarily complied with requests out of good will, regardless of how unwarranted said requests were. Once again, I must stress that the noise levels coming from this apartment are always at normal levels. I should not have to live under the threat of continued unjustified/false noise complaints.

Best wishes, so and so."

If that doesn't work I'll sell the place... and blast Pantera as often as possible until I'm gone.

Thanks guys.
>>
>>17013866
>irrelevant. if she's on the board she is your law now. you should've considered that before you moved in there.

Funny thing is this specific girl was the one who liked me the most and first to approve when I showed up to the meeting wanting to buy the place. lol
>>
Headphones, dipshit. Wont bother anyone else and you will be able to hear your own games better. Win/win, fuckface.
>>
>>17013920
>A grown man should wear headphones in his own home so as not to disturb strangers
I hate to use the meme word of the moment, but you sure sound like a fucking cuck.
>>
>>17013851
meanwhile I have had downstair neighbors fucking blast dubstep all fucking day nonstop to the point I could hear it over my headphones.

At night they would watch tv with surround sound that produced the most annoying fucking bass noise in the world that made it near impossible to sleep. Just a contant brrrmmmmm brmm brmmmmmmm brmmmm brmmmmm that was audible just enough to keep us awake.

I am of the "just use fucking headphones" category. It sounds better literally every time. Get a nice paif of rs180 for amazing sound quality and wireless. You can have multiple headsets too.

Fuck living in apartments.
>>
>>17013954
you should just wear the headphones because they fucking sound better.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.