[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Emotional IQ

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_5480.png (221KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5480.png
221KB, 750x1334px
Just took an "EIQ" test because I'm fucking miserable and google searched "what is wrong with me." Found this test and of course I got a low score: 82 (average being 100)

What the fuck am I supposed to do with this:

>The bad news is that due to your low emotional intelligence, your life is negatively impacted in all aspects. Your life probably is miserable.

>The good news is that if you fix your problem, your problem will be fixed, and you won't be miserable anymore.
>Good luck, bye

http://psychologytoday.psychtests.com/cgi-bin/tests/transfer.cgi?partner=pt&part=1&teaser=0&ref=free&ad=0&test=eiq_abridged&AMT=0.00&item=Emotional%20IQ%20Test%20-%20Abridged

What's everyone's EIQ here?
>>
64, apparently.

At least my regular IQ can offset that, 122.
>>
File: image.png (316KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
316KB, 1242x2208px
Hm I thought I would score higher
>>
>>17013750

your life is what it has been, and will continue to be that. a test doesnt change your life at all.
>>
>>17013750
89. I'm diagnosed aspergers and my IQ test at the psych office resulted in 142. Feel stagnant and completely unfulfilled in life while lacking direction.
>>
I got 72.
>>
91...in the average range. Though I could improve that.
>>
129. A bit higher than expected.
>>
98, I still think about my problems all the time but no more than anyone else. Getting better every day tho.
>>
This isn't an EQ test. Being shy, anxious and self-aware doesn't mean you have low emotional intelligence, but according to this test it means you're emotionally retarded.

It also uses a pretty dumb answering. For me 'almost never' means something only happened once or twice. But a lot of things in the quiz are perfectly reasonable in certain contexts.

If you can stop thinking about your problems whenever you want then you're probably some middle class cunt with no real problems.
>>
117, not that I trust an online test.
>>
>>17013857
You're basically me. 93 but not nearly as high of an IQ.
>>
>>17013750
Who else in here is /emotionally retarded/?
>>
File: 1436024921014.jpg (326KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1436024921014.jpg
326KB, 2048x1536px
>>17014122
>Being shy, anxious and self-aware doesn't mean you have low emotional intelligence

Thanks for saying that anon. This actually makes me feel a little better.
>>
>>17013750

Psychology today is a freak show of ultrafeminism leftism sjw bullshit.

Don't buy EIQ test results from trash land.
>>
normie 100 points... yay i guess?
>>
File: once.png (60KB, 601x718px) Image search: [Google]
once.png
60KB, 601x718px
I mustve taken a wrong test. 120 questions or so, god damn that sucked.
>>
>>17013750
Tests provided free on the internet are worth exactly what you pay for them - nothing.

This is of no more significance than the "Are you and your boyfriend destined for each other?" quizzes in teenage girl magazines.
>>
File: twice.png (45KB, 671x543px) Image search: [Google]
twice.png
45KB, 671x543px
>>17014405
heres the other
>>
>>17014151
on 4chan 140+ is not that rare
>>
77, says I'm prone to stuff like depression and anxiety

Oddly accurate
>>
So I took the test twice. When I answered the questions normally, I got a 95. When I answered them the way I would have two years ago, I got an 82.

I'm glad to see that I'm on the road to recovery, and not at all surprised that I still have some way to go. Then again, I try to keep in mind that this is still just a clickbaot online test, and not a substitute for a real evaluation.
>>
58, beat that faggots
>>
>>17013750
Is "emotional intelligence" even a legit thing or is this just some straight up BS?

>others view you as cold, uncaring, detached, condescending
Does this test even consider why somebody would act like this? Do they even care that people have legit reasons for being "cold and uncaring", I.e. being fucked over by people who were close to them? All the results say to people with low scores is "you suck and people don't like you, but you can fix it lol". Garbage.
>>
File: image.png (154KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
154KB, 750x1334px

Although, that test was kind of short compared to what I would have expected.

I'm not surprised that I got a high score based on what the test asked- I have good self confidence and I don't ever "worry" about stuff like my friends seem to do. I'm comfortable expressing my emotions to my friends, and I connect with people pretty quickly.

However, I've been told that I'm too much of an optimist. i've had trouble cutting poisonous/negetive people out of my life because I always give them the benefit of the doubt or forgive them.
>>
>>17014739
>Is "emotional intelligence" even a legit thing or is this just some straight up BS?
Like many things in pop psychology, there's a core of legitimate and valuable insight, surrounded by a load of hooey.
>>
>>17014739
You're missing the point-
EIQ is not something unchanging. It's telling you what you already know- due to past experiences, you're untrusting/unfeeling/uncaring to some degree.

Is there a reason why you feel this way? Yes. Is it normal to feel this way after having gone what you've been through? Yes.
But you cannot allow past experiences to permanently inhibit your future. Unless you want to remain emotionally stunted for the rest of your life, you need to work towards healing.

I was raped when I was little, so when I was a child, I had what I imagine was a very low EIQ. I had a terrible self image, and I didn't trust people at all.
After healing and growing for many years, I've changed, and now I like the person I've become, and as a result I trust people because I know I'm strong enough to take whatever life dishes out.

You're the same way- think about the things you've had to overcome! You're amazing! You don't have to be afraid of the future- you made it through the past and survived, so you'll make it through the future and survive too!
It's all about your outlook.
>>
Oh well, so you´re under average. You´re probably higher on the average IQ, too.

Btw scored somewhere around 85, probably lower if I put some questions I wasn´t sure about differently.

If you´re bothered by it too much, you can work on it, otherwise just learn to work with it
>>
Just btw this test probably doesn´t measure EIQ properly. It´s not just how you feel about yourself, but about how you fare with others, how you come off and how well you can read people. That means that anyone, who is a social butterfly, but with anxiety (or with something happening in their life at the time) would get way lower score on this test than on proper ones.
>>
>>17014785

But that sounds pretty accurate. Iq doesn't have anything to do with how people perceive your intelligence, either. You could have a 150 iq, but if you can't demonstrate that to people for whatever reason then they're not going to treat you as a genius.

Eiq isn't synonymous with how many people you know or how often you go out.
>>
>>17014747
Yeah that makes sense.

>>17014757
Thanks this actually made me feel better. I've been having issues with flakey girls, losing friends and a resulting issue with connecting to or trusting people. School and work related stress hasn't helped. But I'll survive, and hopefully find new friends who actually care.
>>
>>17014803
79, pretty decent considering my BPD. IQ around 135-140.

How do you guys deal with people who have a higher IQ than you? Just reading this >>17013857 makes me want to smash my head into the table out of self-deprecation.
>>
>>17014423
well, 160+ sounds bullshit, 120+ is too common, 140+ is just right to feel like a special snowflake. It's like how some time ago most people would say they have an 8 inches penis online, but rarely would anyone claim 9+ inches.
>>
>>17014825
You definetly will anon!
You sound like a fighter. Good luck!
>>
>>17013750
But I'm a disgusting tranny with Aspergers so that's not really a surprise
Seems legit
>>
File: Screenshot_2.png (10KB, 726x200px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2.png
10KB, 726x200px
>>17014187
me apparently
>>
>>17013750
>The good news is that if you fix your problem, your problem will be fixed, and you won't be miserable anymore
This is hilarious and should be stickied. Never took an eiq and can't be buggered for taking a test right now but my IQ a few years ago was 138. I've only recently become depressed anxious and stagnant as others have mentioned.
>>
when I gave honest answers I got 93 when I chose what they probably expected with a couple things to throw it off I got 132.
bullshit test if you ask me
>>
If anything its a self esteem test.

But this "test" is fucking retarded OP. The results don't mean anything.
>>
So what are the "new skills and effective ways of dealing with people" that we're supposed to practice now?
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.