[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lately I've become recluse and reserved. Mostly because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Lately I've become recluse and reserved. Mostly because I've been overwhelmed with failure when it comes to girls.
Currently in Uni I don't talk to anyone unless I have to. It feels weird. Rather I don't know ... am I deluding myself, by giving myself "time to heal"? Is this really right?
Instead of forming bonds and group with others I keep to myself.
I'm not a dick, I still help people if they need it but that's as far as it goes. I know I'm far from a special snowflake. I know I can be awkward socially but I just don't want to fake it just to form bonds with people.
I know it sounds cliche but I just want things to be genuine.
I'd rather be alone than with people if they don't want to accept me for being who I am.
I just want to know am I wrong?
>>
You're not wrong, you just have standards for the relationships in your life.
>>
>>17013373
>am I wrong?

Nah, there's no right or wrong here. You're looking out for yourself, same as everybody else. We live in a world that prioritizes extroversion, to the point that introverts are treated as defective and shit. Same goes for people who just want to be alone, etc.

I'm in the same exact position right now, man. Everyone is at arm's length, conversations are short. I'm not an asshole, I'm just tired of putting myself out there and getting ignored - not just by women, but by most people. I figured it's best for my mental health to take a break from it all, and all I've been doing the past few days is enjoying my interests, hobbies and entertainment. Nothing to complain about.
>>
>>17013386
>>17013405

Thank you guys for helping me put this into perspective. I realize now that it's not as bad as I think. I only feel that way because of the social situations going on. It makes me feel like I have to conform as an outsider but I realize I do not. I thought I was alone in thinking that this is in my best interest, and to protect my mental health I should just focus on myself.
>>
>>17013414
Right, and more importantly, find people who can accept you for your quiter nature. Some people just don't understand that being chatty does not make you an inherently better person, and I've had to drop people for complaining too much about people "not talking enough", as if they are owed conversation by somebody who has nothing to say.
>>
>>17013419

I'm not in a rush to meet or befriend people right now but yeah you're right there's just too high of an expectation to be social to the point that you must conform or be pressured to do something you really don't have to
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.