[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Differences in ages, does it matter?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: aprilincanadaFFS.jpg (183KB, 1034x1729px) Image search: [Google]
aprilincanadaFFS.jpg
183KB, 1034x1729px
We've been dating for a year now and get along great--same political views, same stance on firearms (love 'em!), on children (gross little money pits), religion, finances, similar enough tastes in weird sexual habits that it's neither boring nor approaching hard limits--but there's an eleven-year age difference between us. This has never bothered either of us although I've gotten negative responses from acquaintances.

We're serious enough to have discussed something more permanent than just dating with each other and our respective sets of parents and they're fine with us getting married, although they think we should wait a bit longer (which we're both fine with doing).

The age difference doesn't matter to anyone who matters to us but maybe we all have rose-colored glasses on...

Anyone want to share advice or opinions about this topic?
>>
>>17013015
Google Dan Savage campsite rule. Depending on how young the younger partner is (Is is 20 and 31? or 40 and 51?) the older partner has a higher bar to clear to show they are not taking advantage of the younger partner. People may judge, and you should not worry about it, but at the same time the older partner should put in a little extra effort to prove that the younger one is safe.
>>
>>17013015
11 years is a little steep and you will really feel that difference in the later years.
>>
>>17013045
It's actually the opposite I think, less of an issue as you get older. Some people are just old souls. Also seems be less stigmatizing when the woman is older. I'm 32 and the last girl I dated seriously was 21. I had to turn down a seriously awesome 16 year old because of the stigma.
>>
>>17013028

Never heard of that rule but I Googled as suggested. It's good advice that I'll keep in mind, although I'm the one that has to worry about avoiding getting pregnant (and he's completely fine with safe sex practices--desu I wouldn't be dating him if he wasn't).

The difference is 33 (me) and 22 (him). I thought he was older than that when we met since he's really quite mature and responsible--apparently growing up on a farm an hour away from the nearest city and getting one's pilot's licence before the one for driving has a way of developing drive and self-confidence.
>>
>>17013045

I have wondered about that for sure.
>>
Half your age plus seven, rounded up. If he's not 24, leave him alone.
>>
If both of you are over 25 then it doesn't matter.
>>
>filename

taking a break from shitposting on /pol/, leafbro?
>>
>>17013201

Guess you didn't read my reply here >>17013151

I'm not a "bro" but it was a decent attempt at generalizing based on a filename.
>>
>>17013126
Well then you are just dating future sluts.
>>
>>17013151
Please don't fuck up young ones just because mature men your age don't get along with you (guess the cock carousal didn't help huh?)
>>
No it doesn't. You're two adults into each other.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.