[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Two days ago I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years because

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: good-boy.png (98KB, 700x615px) Image search: [Google]
good-boy.png
98KB, 700x615px
Two days ago I broke up with my girlfriend of 2 years because I'm moving overseas for work. We're each other's closest friends, and would message each other about what's going on in our life each day. Since the breakup we haven't spoken, but it's hard for both of us. She sent me a message an hour ago, basically saying "this silence really sucks". What should I be doing here? Should I ignore it, or just reply to this one text saying that it's better we don't talk for a while, or start talking like we used to, maybe a little less frequently?
>>
Is she worth it iyo
>>
>>17012746

geez man that tough. I would still keep in contact because you never know what happens tomorrow. but there is no answer that will make you will feel good about.

I am a romantic. go to her anon! go!
>>
I don't understand this. Why wouldn't you keep in contact? Or even break up? How long are you going for?
>>
That sucks, OP. I've been in a similar situation lately. I was in love with someone and he was in love with me, but he was in a relationship so we decided it was best to move on. For a while, he didn't talk to me at all and it was really hard on me. We're talking more now- trying to just be friends- but it's weird. The declaration of a "relationship" or "love" or whatever seems arbitrary sometimes, but without it, it's hard to keep the pointless but feel-good small talk going. Or at least it seems more pointless, and by keeping it going you can just end up focusing on how it's different and on what was lost. But it does make you feel a bit less alone in the world.

I really dunno OP, good luck though. it's a thing that happens to everyone
>>
Don't leave the states then. If the positions were switched and she was the one leaving, how would you think and feel?
>>
^the mans got a point. I'm going through a similar thing and the only reason I still have a chance with this girl is bc I stayed in contact with her. U never know what the future holds my man.
>>
>>17012746
So you choose a job over a relationship?
>>
>>17012760
>>17012767
You guys should fuck right off. If it's a big job overseas he should absolutely take it, it's his fucking career, man. You really should keep in touch with her though, you never know. Did you tell her it's because you're going overseas? How long are you staying there?
>>
Do you think you can talk to her normally? If you can't then just tell her you need some space.
>>
>>17012755
>>17012758
I'm only 22, and I'm not ready to enter a long-distance long-term relationship which kind of implied we would eventually marry.

>>17012759
How long did you not talk for? I've heard that you can't really get over someone until you stop contact with them for some time, but neither of us ended up contacting our exes in the past.

>>17012760
>>17012764
It's something that I think will help me grow as a person and get a better idea of what I want to do in life, so it's important to me.

>>17012788
Yeah, that was the reason for the breakup - I didn't want to try long-distance, although she did.
>>
>>17012836
I could, but I don't know if that would be best for her, or if I should be distancing myself so she can try to get over me.
>>
>>17012746

it sounds like you arent ready for a long term relationship, which is fine. Since you broke up with her, all the power is on your side. What she needs to do is figure out what she wants to do with her life. You have made it clear this job is more important to you than she is. She needs to get herself together and figure out if shes fine with just being friends and if it's going to hurt her by doing so. If she cant just be friends, she needs to cut ties with you. You don't really need to do anything. If you made the right choice, you should be fine with just being friends. As such talking to her shouldnt be impossible. If she decides to move on she will stop talking to you. until then, you can speak with her.
>>
>>17012843
You could try talk to her. If it ends up causing her more pain and if she's not stupid then she'll probably realise she needs to stop contacting you and move on.
>>
>>17012875
>>17012911
Alright, thanks, this helped a bit. I sent her a short reply.
>>
>>17012943
Good luck but remember, if it becomes hard on you then you'll need to stop.
>>
Don't throw it away, life is long. You'll really hurt her and fuck her up if you blank her. Staying in touch doesn't mean you can't still get laid abroad, and someday you might end up back together.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.