[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you ever stop and realize a conversation you're having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: trash.png (1MB, 1683x1041px) Image search: [Google]
trash.png
1MB, 1683x1041px
Do you ever stop and realize a conversation you're having with someone is pointless and boring, yet keep carrying on the same way?

For some reason, any text conversation I have with this girl ends up with mundane nonsense like
>I can't tell chips from crisps from fries
>sometimes I dream about cheese
>walked the dog today
>visiting my grandfather
Both of us do this and the examples aren't literal quotes at all, but you get the point. I keep telling myself "why am I going into this" and then I do it again.

Is it normal to talk like this or feel like this? I've been comfy around her for months and we're planning to go out soon, but becoming conscious of what we talk about has made me feel so insecure. Like she'd feel the same and get bored and leave anytime now.
>>
>>17012452
In relationships you go through phases. In the first phase, you're learning about someone and you have all these radical super close really interesting and deep conversations where you're finding out about this person and their life and aspirations and sharing intimate details all the time and telling your best jokes and it's great and interesting and mind expanding.
After you get all of that out of the way, things get a little bit more samey, but you're still learning about that person. Maybe not in that first, really interesting way, but in a way where you learn a lot more about how they act and what their normal life is like and how they're changing over time, and that phase pretty much continues from after the first phase ends to when you die. It's a lot slower and involves a lot more small talk than the first phase. Anyway, if you're not comfortable with it, just know it's something even the most interesting couples go through and it's not really an issue.

Also, I never carry on long conversations over text with girls I date, just because it's boring as fuck. Only if something really interesting happens, I'll text someone (like if one of us has a good job interview or meets a famous person or something).
>>
>>17012559
That makes sense, I guess. It's not that I hate learning more about here at a 'samey' pace, but I feel I don't have much to offer myself. I mean, why would anyone care what I had for dinner?

Definitely gonna cut down a little on the texting though. It's all fine in person, but maybe it helps text conversations.
>>
>>17012452
Not every conversation you have has to be super deep and meaningful, sometimes it's just nice to talk for the sake of talking.
>>
no, but i see other people do it. i only speak when i have something important to say, i find that a waste of time
>>
>>17013318
Sure, but what if most conversations are like that?
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.