[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legal advice?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1419478193821.jpg (43KB, 430x290px) Image search: [Google]
1419478193821.jpg
43KB, 430x290px
So I've been involved in a legal case for 8 months now and I have a decision to make. I can plead to 2 very minor misdemeanors and probably some probation or play chicken with the prosecutor and hope they drop the case before trial. I'm accused of 2 level 6 felonies and 1 level 5 felony. I drew my firearm on another man in self-defense and I was in the right. The depositions went extremely poorly for the state with one witness backing me, another perjuring herself, and a third essentially refusing to testify. My lawyer said that the state still wants something from me but I'm starting a new job and I don't want to get saddled with legal baggage. Should I plead even though I did nothing illegal or drag this out?
>>
>>17012274
If you're innocent, I say stick to your guns, man.

You shouldn't put much stock by any opinion you get from /adv/ on a legal situation, but that's my $.02.
>>
>>17012280
Good pun, thanks for the advice. Just trying to get get some 3rd opinions.
>>
>>17012274
Not legal advice but If it were me, and knew I was in the right, I would plead not guilty on principle. You got fucking rights man. Due process of law.

How does it make you feel if you were a cop (government employee) you would be off (maybe even a paid vacay)
>>
>>17012741
What really gets me is the immense cost of defending yourself. I've paid my lawyer ~10,000usd although he was recommended to me by a former assistant prosecutor. Plus I don't have any social media so if you google my name all you get is a news article with a bad mugshot and some untrue text.
>>
>>17012274
>perjuring

big words i refuse to dictify for clarity
>>
>>17013167
She lied in the initial police report and then changed her story and lied under oath. Her lies were almost hilariously bad. My lawyer was flabbergasted that someone would lie so terribly in court. The prosecutor prepped the woman beforehand and the instant she hit the court room she lost it.
>>
>>17013258
You sound like you have a solid case. This case is drowning in reasonable doubt from what you're telling us. Keep on trucking.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.