[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anybody else here ever struggled with laziness? And I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (75KB, 725x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
75KB, 725x430px
Anybody else here ever struggled with laziness? And I don't mean like the typical "I don't feel like doing shit today" kind, but like real, life impacting laziness. How did you overcome? I've always struggled with it and it feels like I'm letting life pass me by while I lay in bed. Like, my mind really wants to get out there and do things but my body won't comply. I have a degree but I'm not even doing shit with it.
>>
>>16951037
Do you mean laziness like: I'm just going to sleep all day because nothing seems worthwhile?

Or laziness like "I don't have the physical energy to get out of bed today, even if I wanted to".

Or "I really should get out of bed, just give me ten minutes" and then it's the next day.
>>
>>16951037
This sounds like it could potentially be a physical, chemical, or mental disorder you have seriously underestimated...

Go to a doctor. Even a biochemistry test could potentially find out why you're "lazy".

If the will is there and the action isn't, something's up.
>>
>>16951037

I'm the same way op

I think most of us all

Do you have a self defeating mentality or fears?
>>
>"It feels like I'm letting my life pass me by"

That is exactly what is happening to you. You are standing still, and time waits for nobody.

You need just to make an effort to do it, (you know that thing(s) that you've been thinking of doing.) The beginning is the hardest part, it is like momentium, you gotta get the ball rolling first, yourself. Once you start seeing change and differences contrast to how you used to living that is when it becomes easier to make more changes, once the ball is rolling it picks up speed, going faster and faster along the path.
>>
>>16951056
I mean the second one, which usually leads to the third one.
>>
>>16951103
The first is depression.
The second is fatigue.
The third is laziness.

Both one and two require medical attention.
>>
>>16951080
I like to think I'm a realist but I'm probably leaning towards being negative, so probably.

Thinking about how lazy I am and what I've missed does make me feel like a piece of trash at times.
>>
>>16951107
Is medication for the first expensive?
Where do you go to get prescribed.
>>
>>16951136
I'm sure you need to see a psychiatrist first.
>>
>>16951136
It depends on the medication and your insurance. Most prescriptions won't run you more than $30 a month if you get a 90 day supply. If you're open with your provider about budget they can also help you get discounts if necessary.

You can get antidepressants prescribed anywhere. A walk in clinic. Your primary care provider. A counselor.They don't have any fun side effects so it's not like they sell on the street.
>>
>>16951145
Isn't a psychiatrist expensive.
Poorfag if you couldn't tell
>>
>>16951145
That will depend on the doctor. Many of them will prescribe a dose while you find the right counselor. Some won't care and will continue to prescribe until you stop asking. There's no market value.
>>
>>16951149
T-thanks anon. I'll head out tomorrow.
>>
>>16951151
>>16951151
See a local psychologist first and if he thinks you might needs help beyond cognitive psychotherapy, he might refer you to a psychiatrist. You can probably work out economic issues with the psychologist.
>>
>>16951151
I can't say for other countries, but in the states there will be sliding scale clinics in every major town. In smaller cities, you can likely work out a payment plan. Essentially, the doctor still works for the same rates but a certain percentage is paid by the government based on your income.

If you're near a college, you may also be able to get graduate level counseling for cheap or free. If you're in college, you should have some kind of mental health facilities on site.

If you have insurance, most will cover some )if not all) of basic mental health costs.
>>
>>16951166
Aren't they usually busy as fuck and appointment based so you don't get in for like a month?
>>
>>16951175
That depends on the clinic. If your schedule is open you can also ask to be contacted for any last minute cancellations -- then they could squeeze you in day of.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.