[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What would you do as a parent to a fucking man child?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

File: killviper.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
killviper.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
I am curious, what would /adv/ do as a parent to a man child?

Like lets assume you have a kid that is 25+ and is a total man child. Kissless virgin, BRONY, no life, whatever the fuck. What do you do to help? What can even be done?

I ask because I wonder about my own situation. I am no brony but I think I am manchildish? I am 25, no car, no girlfriend, no real skills. I do have a decent job but thats about it.

What can even be done? I feel like dating has passed me by and the only thing left is now females with fucking kids already.
>>
>>16950863
>I feel like dating has passed me by and the only thing left is now females with fucking kids already.
What makes you think you deserve any better? You said it yourself, you're a manchild. Why would a girl want you unless she's desperate?
>>
>>16950869
>What makes you think you deserve any better?
Nail on head desu
>>
File: 1385312199832.gif (3MB, 239x166px) Image search: [Google]
1385312199832.gif
3MB, 239x166px
Support them in whatever they choose to do. They're technically an adult now and can make their own decisions. I'd be concerned if they weren't making any progress through life but it's not my job to take care of them anymore.

Stop worrying about fixable shit, get it done instead.
>>
>>16950869
>>16950872

No male on this planet deserves the pain of dating a female with kids from a previous relationship.
>>
>>16950863
I've always felt like being a "manchild" stems from a feeling of being worthless and being incapable.

Men feel like children when they don't believe they can provide for themselves or provide for others.

If I had a manchild, I would kick him out. Immediately. The only way to gain confidence is to learn that you're capable of dealing with shit you don't think you're capable of.

As for dating, you must live in a small town because there are literally millions of 25+ women without children. Most women come out of college at 22 without children and they're more than capable of dating a 25 year old dude.
>>
>>16951069
No female on this planet deserves the pain of dating a manchild, not even women with children. They already have children, they don't need another one.
>>
>>16951097
'Manchild' is used less as descriptor and more as a disparaging remark. Everybody goes through life at their own pace, but many people like to superimpose their own standards of living on top of others for whatever reason. It's very petty.
>>
>>16951148
There are things that you're expected to know how to do at points in your life, rightly or wrongly. Girls aren't villains for having expectations of guys any more than guys are for having expectations of girls. The only exception is when expectations become unrealistic, but expecting a 25 year old to be able to look after themselves is not unrealistic.
>>
>>16950863
>25+

At that stage it's very late to change anything and even if he does change his peers have overtaken him by a lot.

Those years between adolescene and adulthood are real fucking important for learning social skills. Social skills take you through life and careers, even if your actual knowledge is lacking.

Source: 26KV Me
>>
File: 1458229954347.gif (91KB, 474x342px) Image search: [Google]
1458229954347.gif
91KB, 474x342px
>>16951170
The problem with realistic expectations is that most of the time they're tested against superficial understandings. There are many valid reasons why the OP may not know how to drive, be a virgin and so on. That requires a certain amount of knowledge that goes beyond labels primarily used to prey on insecurities though.
>>
>>16951262
Not everyone has a legitimate excuse for not having accomplished what's expected. I agree that you can't just assume that there's no reason, but you can't just assume that there is either. The fact is, society expects you to have done certain things by a certain age because most people do. If you haven't then you're abnormal, regardless of whether there's a reason or not.
>>
>>16951262
>manchild hugbox response and reasoning

I hate this era of the internet.

Being a manchild with little to no achievements is a bad thing. It's multiple failings not just one or two things. Not being able to drive, no job, watching tv ON ITS OWN is understandable but combined with all the things that make up a manchild it's just unacceptable and shows lack of drive.
>>
>>16951299
I'm not any of the anons ITT, but is not knowing how to drive that bad?

I'm frightened of the thought of driving. I make spelling mistakes as I type, I can't be in charge of a vehicle.
>>
>>16951314
Not being able to drive is fine if you live in a place with good public transport or somewhere like a big city, but I know from experience how much more liberated you feel when you can drive. I mean, if you had an accident which left you traumatised and didn't want to drive because of it or something, then I'd understand, but otherwise it's handy to have a licence even if you don't have a car, just in case. Driving isn't that difficult.
>>
>>16951299
You're retarded.
>>
File: 1383950661484.jpg (69KB, 530x386px) Image search: [Google]
1383950661484.jpg
69KB, 530x386px
>>16951323
I've always lived in a city with passable public transport, save when I'd go on holiday to my grandparent's estate.

>but otherwise it's handy to have a licence even if you don't have a car, just in case.
I didn't consider that, but now that you mention it, it does ring true. Having a licence would let me use other people's cars if they needed me to.
>>
>>16951314
It's not. Some people use public transport because they live in a big city or they literally can't handle driving a car for whatever reason. That's why using it as a standard for gauging manchild power levels is dumb. Same with simple hobbies, being unemployed and so on.
>>
>>16951338
Exactly. Having a car and licence can also be useful if you're, say buying something large and need to get it home, or moving house and need something to transport your stuff. I don't drive much because I never really need to, but it's good to know that I have access to a family car if I need it. I highly encourage at least getting your licence.
>>
>>16951347
>being unemployed
Because being a leech on your family and the government isn't bad, right?
>>
>>16951359
Because some people are mentally ill or have physical disabilities that prevent them from completely simple tasks.
>>
>>16951364
They're still undesirable, whatever you label it.
>>
>>16951374
Granted, but we're talking about semantics and how ignorance is bad.
>>
>>16951364
So they're like children.
>>
>>16951384
Yes exactly.
>>
File: 1397998825875.gif (3MB, 257x212px) Image search: [Google]
1397998825875.gif
3MB, 257x212px
>>16951384
Only if the children you speak of have been raised as children, and don't behave like miniature adults who like sweets.

That seems to be more common in the Anglosphere. Perhaps that's why young people lack a sense of responsibility?
>>
>>16951347
It's not stupid though. Someone who is a manchild is someone who is essentially in the same position as a child. Children don't drive, have simple hobbies, don't have jobs etc. There's nothing wrong with using these things as measures of being a manchild.
>>
I would tell the manchild to make a list of things they don't like about themselves

some of those things can't be changed
they just have to accept them
but maybe they are blowing them out of proportion and are not really so bad

then focus on the list of things you can change
if you're unhappy with your wife xbox
file for a divorce, sell the kids on ebay
sell her on ebay
if you had a mistress playstation on the side
you should really rethink your priorities
pimp that ho out too

change the things you can
>>
>>16951408
If you don't care about looking like an idiot then sure. I mean, you have simplistic opinions like an idiot. It's okay to characterize you as such right?
>>
>>16951431
I'm sorry you've accomplished nothing in life.
>>
>>16951436
That's certainly an opinion.
>>
>>16951364
i was retarded once.

my babysitter locked me in a room with a knife
a loaf of bread, and peanut butter

i could have died
the knife was really sharp
but i didn't
i chose to be a survivor
kill or be killed
i stabbed that bread
>>
>>16951431
>Everyone else is retarded except me
>>
>>16952127
Nah, I was illustrating a point. Keep going though.
>>
You're 25 and you have a job. I wouldn't do shit because you're an independent adult and it's not my place to tell you how to go on a date.
>>
>>16951069
And how would you know anything about that?
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.