[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 21 and live with and am provided by my mom and stepdad(both

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 200_s.gif (53KB, 361x200px) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
53KB, 361x200px
I'm 21 and live with and am provided by my mom and stepdad(both senior citizens), have no job, and go to community college.

Is this normal? Should I be doing something in particular right now? I have 0 friends and my mom has always discouraged me from getting a job and so I don't know who to turn to as far as getting advice or what I should do.
>>
You should seriously be getting a job. Your mom is wrong in discouraging you from getting professional experience. You're literally unhireable after you graduate unless you have some. Just try to work for relevant companies, even in very shitty internships. Or do some projects on the side on your own. The point is to have a history of demonstrating your competence and reliability.
>>
You'll need to get work experience sooner or later, it will build up that resume. Not sure why your mum is not encouraging it. Are you an only child? There should be counselors at the community college to talk about career/school plans senpai. Work study is an option just to wet your feet with balancing school and job hours. Plus you'll work along side other students and can gain friends that way.
>>
>>16950499
She's probably got that lethal combination of being out of touch with current facts of life and totally self-assured about her gut feelings.
>>
File: roommates.jpg (83KB, 500x669px) Image search: [Google]
roommates.jpg
83KB, 500x669px
>>16950485
>>16950499
My mom is unhappy in her marriage and wants me around. Before she got married it was just me and her and she was working her ass off to support me so I feel I owe it to her. I was just talking to her and she says I can get a job, but that it will complicate things with insurance and I'll basically spend all my time paying insurance and gas money rather than being able to save up, so idk what my options are.

I just really don't want to end up like this guy and I'm not sure at what point I should start being really worried about that being a possibility.
>>
You need to
>get friends
To balance out your life, to stop you being lonely, and for your mental health in general
>get a job
I'm doing job applications and whatnot for when I graduate atm, and literally everyone I've talked to says that one of the biggest things that employers look for is work experience. It doesn't matter if it's unrelated work experience, you just need SOMETHING Like >>16950485 said, you are literally unemployable if you don't have a job while studying
>>
>>16950518
I was sure there was a deep seated reason for the work discouragement. But nonetheless, you need to get some work experience. If you do by chance go for a work study position, you remain at the campus so there's no need for rides, gas money expenses ect. And that's just a start. You have yet to make connections- that's how a lot of people today get jobs. It seems your head is in the right frame of mind, you know, not wanting to be a future NEET and all. I wish you the best.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.