[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I become a more confident speaker, socially and in front

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1385207175870.png (11KB, 337x337px) Image search: [Google]
1385207175870.png
11KB, 337x337px
How do I become a more confident speaker, socially and in front of strangers?

I find that I can look people in the eye almost steadily, but stammer a lot and trip myself up when I try to speak fluently.
>>
File: sfys5uj0ephmujtxt3ui.jpg (27KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
sfys5uj0ephmujtxt3ui.jpg
27KB, 640x360px
misaki was exactly right. for people with extreme confidence issues they must treat others with the utmost contempt.
>>
>>16949808
That only works with people my age.

With older people, I crumble.
>>
>>16949822
it works with older people to you just haven't perfected it. if anything it works better because you have the FUGGIN OLD PEOPLE card.

honestly dude, it was super fucking hard at first because i was the very shy and quiet kid but over the years ive learned that people fucking love it. for some reason their minds think that because you think you're better that means you ARE better and you'll have them start tiptoeiing around you and seeking you out more.

totally fucking bizarre but truth is stranger than fiction.
>>
More than anything, know what you're talking about so you talk about it with confidence and some degree of authority.

Practice beforehand, get your brain and mouth warmed up so that you're loose and ready when you have to speak publicly and answer questions.
>>
>>16949836
The problem is I despise most of the people my age. They're so damn childish. Uni students are generally manchildren who can't feed themselves. I think anybody can look down on them, and it's probably really easy to follow Misaki's words because of that.

I just can't do that with people who genuinely have more life experience than me. Age isn't really what's overwhelming me. It's more the fact that they know more and have more relevant experience, or they're in a position of power, and that humbles me critically for some reason.
>>
>>16949855

Resentment won't get you anywhere, nor will generalizations. Learn your shit, get excited about it, and get excited about sharing it with others.
>>
>>16949855
>I just can't do that with people who genuinely have more life experience than me.

the key is to realize that they don't. most old fucks past a certain point begin to coast. typically once they have kids. you can blow past them and their "life experience" which includes the assorted things like: busting a nut into a whore who shat out a kid, buying some really expensive shit they whine about all the time, working for a long time without learning the why's of the craft, completing some mediocre degree.

you do sound like a kid tho lol
>>
>>16949914
I think the Major and the older NCOs got where they are because they know much more than I do, and possess much more relevant experience. Age is a red herring.

I'm still in the process of commissioning. It's a good thing it's limited to the old and wise.

>>16949889
That sounds like good advice.
>>
>>16949998
> think the Major and the older NCOs got where they are because they know much more than I do

lol. most people are where they are because of timing and connections. get over yourself.
>>
>>16950027
>>16949914
You need to be at least 18 to post here, "lol".
>>
Some will get their positions because of who they know and which asses they kiss. This is true in all kinds of environments. There are people who want to attain titles because that's how they think one earns respect.

Better, imo, to achieve what you can due to your results, reputation, and strength of character. Sure, some asshole might get made your boss, but you'll be the one people respect, and the one people will go to bat for when shit gets serious.
>>
Be more like edgeworth
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.