[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm worried my friend might have a crush on me.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (77KB, 640x430px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 640x430px
I have this really close friend who I met at the start of the school year. For the sake of convenience, here I'll call him Sal. So, when I met him, Sal was acting oddly flirty with me; complimenting me on my t-shirt; noticing I had braces and then telling me they suited me; smiling at me and looking me in the eye; etc. But Sal has a girlfriend, and when I found out my reaction was more "huh?" than "aw". Coz he was totally giving me signs like he was interested in me. (FYI I never asked him out or anything, he just mentioned offhand once that he had a girlfriend when I asked him what his plans were for the weekend)
We're really close even today and he still behaves the same way towards me, maybe even more. He sits next to me always, he set a photo I took of him and some other friends as his laptop background, he always shares his things with me, likes all my Facebook posts, still still STILL always looks me in the eye when we talk (this is a big one. It makes me feel so touched yet so vulnerable at the same time) and compliments me on literally everything I do (I.e. Artwork, writing, guitar, etc.) also, he has this thing where he keeps looking at me in class. like, ALL THE TIME. When I look back at him he looks away, but then I see him doing it out the corner of his eye.

So what I'm wondering is, does he have a crush on me? He seems close with his girlfriend when they're together (she doesn't go to our school) but when he's with me I get the unshakeable feeling he's got some kind of romantic/sexual interest in me. Am I just reading this wrong? If I'm not, what can I do about it?
>>
Please help?
>>
Keeping an eye on this thread.
Can't offer any advice though - I'm someone in a relationship who has a huge crush on someone else, so I'm not allowed to say things because I am stupid.
>>
Would u want to be dating a guy who has a crush on another girl. Or who even flirts with other woman?
>>
>>16950497
I'd like your input, it might give me some perspective.
>>16950497
Huh?
>>
>>16949757

It's weird to make eye contact with people when you talk? That's considered being flirtatious even by American cultures?

...no wonder that Arab guy got so mad I looked at his burka-wearing wife's eyes.
>>
>>16950620
This is so fucking racist. Please keep your views far away from my thread :/
>>
>>16950620
Lol but the eyes are all you can see
>>
>>16949757
what are you in highschool?
but yes he likes you and most likely just wants to fuck you. obviously you feel something towards him because if you didnt you would have just ignored his obvious advances towards you.

oh and complimenting on your shirt is sort of a nice way of us guys to check your chest out. im sure you know but im just reminding you.

He wants to do you or be with you or something. saying he has a crush on you is a bit far if all he seems to do is positive recognition towards your appearance.
>>
OK op I can relate I had a bf and my good friend had a gf. Were like bread and butter very close. Only difference I confronted him. But his response was sorry I didn't know it was wrong to be that way. Like he is exactly how you described your pal here. When I pointed it out he was so understanding and said because I let this behaviors go on he just thought I was OK cause were are that close.
Op gotta remember good friends lose there line of boundaries and forgot we have them set them and keep em in check its OK.
His gf was at different school so fact he couldn't be with her I was like in a sense the filler of where his gf could be even like all ood pals I put him in his place about boundaries.

Don't over think it he's just a increbley thoughtful and kind friend that's VERY comfortable friends that doesn't understand your boundies until you set them in a heart to heart convo
>>
>>16949757
Doesn't matter if it is flirting or not, just ignore it. Either way, you shouldn't act on it because he has a girlfriend, and if he's willing to cheat on her with you, he'd cheat on you too.

It's fine to keep him as a friend, but if he actually makes a move, do NOT start a relationship with him, and be a good person by telling the girlfriend. Don't tell her anything now, because yes, you could be overthinking it.
>>
>>16951596
Shut up, nigger
>>
>>16951944
>complimenting my shirt
Today he told me he liked it three times, it was sweet of him because he was being sincere-y as he always does. But I was nervous a bit because I hope he isn't just checking out my chest or anything, like you said.

>a bit far
It's not just about my appearance, he compliments my work and asks me about my stuff all the time (art, writing, etc.)

>>16951957
Right yeah, your situation was pretty much mine. Sal's gf goes to another school so I guess maybe I'm a standin.
As long as he doesn't ask me out or anything I'll let it be, because I don't want to call him out on it or anything and make things awkward.
>>16951983
Yeah, I won't forget that. Thanks!
>>
>>16951944
Hypothetical: say I wanted him to fuck me as well. How the hell do I go about letting him know I'm into him that way?

I'm not- but I'm curious now.
>>
Self-bump?
>>
>>16950541
No, you don't want my input.
I am in a marriage that has turned into just a friendship. I have been and am still trying to do things to "fix" this for several years because I need more from a relationship than just a room-mate, but it's hard going and things don't look like they are going to improve.
I developed a crush on a friend some time in the past year. I lost sight of the boundaries of friendship and was acting in all the ways that someone besotted does, although I didn't realise what was going on. A few months ago the penny dropped and I realised that I had developed feelings for her. I'm trying to act more properly, with this awareness.
I love my friend as a friend. If we are friends and nothing more I will be quite content. If we ever became more then I would be overjoyed, but I don't think this is ever likely to happen. That being said, I'm still acting like someone with a crush. She's not called me out on it. I'm not really making much effort to change my behaviour, because that would probably involve cutting contact with her for a period of time and I don't want to do that.
I am still trying to repair my marriage. My friend is helping me with that.
It's all kind of a mess really.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.