[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do stay motivated? I simply don't prepare for tests

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: procrastination-meme.jpg (99KB, 600x501px) Image search: [Google]
procrastination-meme.jpg
99KB, 600x501px
How do stay motivated?
I simply don't prepare for tests or exams if I'm sad. Thoughts on dropping, constantly watching anime, playing vidya and rotting in parents basement are weirdly tempting. Completely spoilt brat, yeah. Though shit is persisting. It doesn't wear off for two years. And I can't fight it when it's particularly strong.
>>
Stop being a fucking fagot and just do ur work. When u see that ur gonna live in streets and starve in the future cause ur a lazy bum and did nothing during the "preparation stages" of life, you will see how much of a fagot you were.
>>
>>16949792
I try this way of motivation, but I am so disgustingly bored with life in some moments.
Wishing I could fall asleep and never wake up.
It's fucking shameful and ungrateful, but I keep dreaming about it.
>>
Once you get in a position where you have to drop out of college, change majors, or can't get imployment, you'd do anything to go back to where you are now to do work you absolutely hate, and actually enjoy it.

It's a very real outcome you will likely experience.
>>
What do you want (in life)? Any goals?

What are your major distractions, i.e. weed, fapping, anime, 4chan, etc?
>>
>>16949814
I've already dropped out and it wasn't a lesson for me. Managed to returned though. Got a motivation boost for passing the restoring competition.
I love the uni I am in, but it's hard. If I drop out again, I'll just go to easier one, but more trials will await afterwards and so on.
Too lazy to work, too proud to admit my mediocrity.
>>
>>16949817
I have goals, want an academic career, but you know, the hard stuff cuts in.
It's clear that I may have an advantage if I endure the hard stuff, which makes people drop their dreams.
But my urge for escaping reality gets strong in critical moments and I surf the net for 6 hours straight for no reason.
That said, I only feel truly happy in lucid dreams.
>>
>>16949857

What's the hard stuff?
>>
>>16949882
Making actual effort consistently (e.g. every day)
Maybe boring and tedious exercises, problems. Things all spoilt children hate.
>>
>>16949897
>Maybe boring and tedious exercises, problems.

Why are you studying something you find boring a tedious?
>>
>>16949882
Looking at it closely, I am terribly afraid that I will have to work hard forever and won't find time for all my countless escapist activities.
So I rest like there's no tomorrow just to feel safe.
>>
>>16949921

Was there ever any kind of hard work that you enjoyed, in any context (not just school)? Something that required effort but was still enjoyable and really paid of?
>>
>>16949919
There is lots of interesting stuff, and when I'm not tired almost everything has some exciting sides.
However, when I don't understand something fully and I need to cram it, it is not fun.
>>
>>16949928
It happenned quite often, maybe I need to write such cases and hang over the desk or something.
But in the end it leads to more harder work and after you finish it, it begins anew.
Awesome to reach your full potential, but this cycle won't last forever, right?
>>
>>16949955
>Awesome to reach your full potential, but this cycle won't last forever, right?

It will if you want to be a published academic. Unless you want to just get tenure somewhere, teach, and stagnate. If you don't like writing papers how are you going to feel when you have to grade 30 of them?

Work that you enjoy is fulfilling and invigorating, it's the kind of thing that keeps some people going, for some older people their work and their love for it is what keeps them alive.

Unfortunately, to get to the work we'd love to do there is the work we don't want to but have to anyway. It sucks. But what also sucks is there are hundreds of millions of people your age in this world that would kill for the kind of educational opportunities you're pissing away and many of them will never see a real university. You don't have the right to pussy out on this, not if you ever want to respect yourself or get the respect of others in a field of study.
>>
>>16949988
Students as green as I am solve calculus and don't write any papers. Personally, I love reading scientific papers from Pubmed and all, but without theory it's useless.
I feel pathetic bitching about this. My family always points the last part out and they are so fucking disappointed in me.
I guess I can pass the exams without much struggling, but my GPA would suck, and everything would suck afterwards. And to have it decent I should be close to either getting my shit together or ruining my (mental) health completely with sleep deprivation.
>>
>>16950034

I really don't know. Short of getting guidance on study methods or going for tutoring you might want to speak with a counselor before quitting or losing your mind.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.