[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was invited to go to a party this weekend. It's hosted

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: mfw.png (373KB, 617x333px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
373KB, 617x333px
I was invited to go to a party this weekend. It's hosted by a group of friends I haven't seen in a long time, so I really want to go.

The problem is that there's a theme to the party; we're all going to read something printed in a book/magazine/novel/etc.

I'm just about the least well-read person I know, so I was hoping someone could make suggestions that are fun/funny, or interesting. And maybe it'd get me to do more reading for myself, too.
>>
More than half of movies/tv series are based on books. Just pick something you like and search the wiki on the topic, you´ll probably find out how the character looks in the book that way...

Other way is to actually read something (even short)
>>
>>16947992
sounds pretty lame
>>
>>16947992
>Anonymous 03/23/16(Wed)07:40:48 No.1694
>I was invited to go to a party this weekend. It's hosted by a group of friends

Don't go, run, jump. what? no!
>>
>>16947992
Go as Prince Myshkin from that Dostoyevsky novel, I think that it'll fit you perfect
>>
Dress up as Jesus. Barely anybody reads, and to read fiction is even more ludicrous. Most people will probably be Harry Potter. I would be jack from fight Club. A loose tie a black eye, you should be good. And everytime people don't know your costume, you can be like I am Jack's complete lack of surprise
>>
as in: you read it out loud? well, that entirely depends on the impact you want to have on the audience. do you want to sound funny, witty, sophisticated, aloof, dumb, mysoginist, what OP?
>>
>>16948598
also, who's the audience? people who also browse 4 chan or some group of church girls and liberal leftists?
>>
I don't understand the theme
>>
Totally depends on audience and what vibe you want to give off.

We got you, OP, but we need a bit more detail to set you up.

How do you want to come across? Want to get laid? Want to be special?
>>
^to add to above poster . what kind of a person are you , what are you into , what blows your mind , what amazes you . is there a historical figure you feel was the shizz? etc.

I read allsorts .I'll try reccomend something
>>
read a line from mein kampf

and also, what fucking party requires you to read a read something form a book. bunch of faggos, but whatever
>>
>>16947992
David Foster Wallace.
>>
Dress up as a cream cake and read a page from a cook book.
Tell everyone that cooks are the new pop stars and that authors are dead.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.