[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does someone with no resume even get jobs, I ain't got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How does someone with no resume even get jobs, I ain't got experience for shit, any help on getting a job?
>>
Do you have any skills? Education? What kind of job are you trying to get?

Usually you gotta go through someone that knows you. Work your network. Ask around
>>
>>16947413
Apply for things you aren't qualified for yet but establish you have the drive and natural quick wit to pick things up on the fly. Alternatively do volunteer work for free in the field you want and get some experience you can cite.
>>
>>16947413
Put in appplication for some entry level place. Retail, fast food, what the fuck ever.
Call the place. Visit it, let the managers/employees know you want to work for them. Make a good impression. I had to visit my first job's place three times before I got a hold of one of the managers but I got it. Then I quit when I found out how corrupt they were when they got me involved in it
>>
>>16947417
Dunno about skills, i dont really excel at most things im just okay. Not really sure what kinda job I want, i just need money desu

>>16947418
So just apply and wing it, hope they just notice im going to git gud?
>>
>>16947424
Let them know I want the job right? Keep calling them, until you basically get the job,or an interview at least, iight
>>
McJobs and Wal-Mart. Pretty much any service or retail related job is the only place you'll likely get a job with no experience or little work history.

You gotta start somewhere. I started pushing carts at Target when I was 15. Delivered food at 18. Became a manager at 22. Did construction at 26 and brought good management skills with me. Mechanical/Electrical technician for oil field services now at 30 with the skills I got from construction.

Even if you have to start working the register at McDonald's. Strive to be the manager of that place or eventually get the skills, knowledge, and experience to manage somewhere else. If you wanna work hard though get a job in almost any type of construction. The pay is actually really good in the right fields.
>>
>>16947434
Go there in person. Request to see a manager. If they aren't in, leave your name and number. No news in a week? Go back, request a manager again. Do it until you meet the fucker and talk to him. Dress nicely but don't overdo it. Stay hygienic and shit. Don't just show up on some day in the middle of shopping. Spend the first event of your day on this. It's only 5 minutes tops if the manager is there, but like I said, you need to make a GOOD first impression
>>
you can work as a security guard without experience
>>
>>16947439
Start on the bottom, then work your way up, got it

>>16947449
But, when you get the manager, whats the next objective? Just say you want a job or something?
>>
>>16947466
>Hey, thanks for taking time to see me, my name is anon and I just wanted to stop by and let you know I put in for (position) and would really like to work for you/your company.

Offer your hand out as you say this, seem professional, stand confidently (but not too much) and smile. Their reaction doesn't matter though so don't get discouraged if they don't seem too phased. It's work time for them, and even if they don't remember it in the forefront of their mind, when they look over application and see your name, they'll probably remember it, and again, if you make a good impression, it's that good impression vs none on the other candidates. Unless there's some rocket scientist applying or something, but even then, entry level job, he'd be overqualified.
>>
>>16947466
Tell them you turned in an application. Then ask them if they're currently hiring. If they say yes then tell them you have an open schedule and are willing to work as many hours as possible, and that you can start working as soon as possible. Considering the turn over rate in retail/service industry jobs this doesn't come across as desperate at it sounds. If they say no then say alright thanks well I'll check back later to see if you're still hiring. Both of these responses show willingness and initiative to work.
>>
>>16947480
>>16947482
Ohh, that makes sense, so turn in the application, and then make a nice impression by, kind of selling yourself stuff, this sounds good, thanks
>>
File: skeleton-6.jpg (412KB, 1396x1500px) Image search: [Google]
skeleton-6.jpg
412KB, 1396x1500px
sup /adv/
I'm 19, 5'9, and 117 lbs.
What do I do
>>
>>16947495
eat more????
>>
ugh, jobs. just need money too desu
>>
>>16947511
muh weeb merch n ramen mayne daysu~
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.