[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't know what I want to do as a profession. How do I decide?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1457306714470.png (324KB, 529x607px) Image search: [Google]
1457306714470.png
324KB, 529x607px
I don't know what I want to do as a profession.

How do I decide?
>>
What are you good at? You must have some skill or talent that you've been praised for, that could turn into some kind of job
>>
>>16947305
Take a career counseling class in your community college. Go to your local job agency. No rush to make a choice, unless you're truly in need of job right now.
>>
That's never a "blank page" kind of decision.

How much do you need the money?
How much are you willing to stake?
How low are you willing to sink? (Example: working shit jobs part-time to afford courses)
>>
Start with this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NT1i26RbrhM
>>
>>16947312
None at all.

>>16947316
Cutely not very important, I just want to do something.
What does this entail?
Money's not a problem.
>>
"Professions" don't exist anymore, kid. The labor market for every job is eroding, you're disposable labor, even if you're a lawyer or a doctor. Even the finance kids are getting replaced by computers now, when we get driverless cars, all the truck drivers are fucked. Shit's not ever going to be the same again.
>>
>>16947538

Come on, what have you been doing with your entire life so far? What do you think about when you imagine a future for yourself? It's impossible for me to believe you have NO skills or talents or interests or ambitions. What runs through your mind all day? I'm genuinely curious
>>
>>16947547
>Come on, what have you been doing with your entire life so far
Wasting my life away on the computer

>What do you think about when you imagine a future for yourself?
Nothing, it's always hazy
>>
>>16947546

You get it, don't you? You can see the extinction coming too
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.