[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

There's a guy I know (I'll call him Ser) in my friendship

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (148KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148KB, 600x600px
There's a guy I know (I'll call him Ser) in my friendship circle who is very close friends with my best friend, they've known each other for nearly their whole lives whereas I've known the both of them only six months now. The thing with Ser though is that I get the pressing feeling that he really does not like me. My reasons?
Sent him a FB friend request when I first met him. He never added me back, if I go to his profile I cannot click on the Add Friend/Resend Request button.
We've never spoken a word to each other past the day I moved to their school. I'm deathly afraid of talking to him because I feel like I have no idea how he'll react.
He keeps looking at me, whenever we're in the same room or on a train with our friends, etc. A staring-sort of looking. As soon as I look back at him though, he looks away.
He's never once smiled at me. He smiles at everyone else.
In class, he doesn't sit next to me ever. If there's a spare seat next to me and another next to that, he'll sit in the one furthest from me.
I honestly don't know what I did to make him this apathic towards me. Any ideas why he's behaving this way? I'd like to be friends with him but I have no idea how to make him start being civil towards me.

>inb4 underage
I'm eighteen, going on nineteen in two months.
>>
>>16947287
Some people are just irrationality hostile towards some people. Never underestimate someones level of pettiness and shallowness they have towards others. Don't mistake this for cynicism, just the way it is sometimes. Who knows, you might of done something to possibly piss him off or not unknowingly. Who cares, sounds like you did nothing wrong.
>>
>>16947287

Eh, don't make a big deal out of it. You can't read his mind, and it doesn't sound like he's actually being mean or really even disrespectful in any way. Maybe he just doesn't wanna be your friend. Who knows why? Not everyone is gonna like you, I do my best to get along with everyone, but sometimes there's just a bad fit. Doesn't have to be a big deal if everyone can keep their cool and be civil.

If you're ever in a situation where he's actually talking to you and you feel like you can bring it up naturally, ask him if you did something to upset him. But don't force it.
>>
>>16947304
I would like to be friends with him, or at least be neutral with him, I'm just sad that he's not friendly towards me because he seems like a really nice person when he's talking with people he does like.
>>
>>16947335
>If you're ever in a situation where he's actually talking to you and you feel like you can bring it up naturally, ask him if you did something to upset him. But don't force it.

Yeah, I've been thinking about doing that. But I really doubt he'll ever talk to me. I literally don't remember having a proper conversation with him ever.
>>
>>16947342

Then just let it be. I dunno what to tell you, really. Be polite to him when you have the chance, but you can't make him be your friend. If he's not messing with you in any way, it doesn't have to be a thing
>>
Maybe you're just not the kind of person he likes. I know a guy like that. There's nothing wrong with him really, he just has the type of personality I don't like. I don't hate him or wish ill will towards him. I just don't talk to him very much, even though we share many friends. That's okay. You don't have to be friends with everybody.
>>
>>16947349
>>16947373
Thanks, anons. What you've written pretty much lines up with my thoughts. I might just let it be and continue to be friendly and polite around him. I guess I can't force him to like me, and it's not like he's being horrible or anything anyways.
>>
>>16947287
>muh hurt feeling
>senpai doesnt notice me

dude how long have you been in the closet ?
>>
>>16947407
?
I'm a girl.
>>
>>16947399
Don't think too hard about it, OP. As long as they're not being a bully just let it go.
>>
Did you ever ask your best friend about it? And is that a guy or a girl?
>>
>>16947427
>I'm a girl.
Okay, then that probably changes a lot. Why didn't you say that earlier? Either he has a crush on you, and doesn't know how to react, or he's worried that you're going to push your way into his friend group and be unbearably irritating.
>>
>>16947427
Well then you stupid fuck, he likes you and is just being tsun
>>
>>16947579
My best friend is a guy. I've considered asking him but I don't want to be out of place or anything.

>>16947594
>>16947666
If he had a crush on me wouldn't he have added me on FB though?
>>
>>16947713
>If he had a crush on me wouldn't he have added me on FB though?
It depends on how he is with women. It may have surprised him--a lot of guys, especially if they're young, don't know how to handle that sort of thing. They just shut down. He sounds very awkward.
>>
>>16947713
>knows for 6 months
>best friend
It sounds like he is your 'best friend's' best friend rather than you
>>
>>16947713
>My best friend is a guy
Then one of them likes you maybe. Or Ser doesn't like having a girl in the group (or a new girl, if there's other girls). Or for whatever reason he thought he picked up that you didn't like him, and therefore he treats you that way. You said you haven't talked to him either and are afraid to, that could come across as not interested/not friendly.
>>
>>16947747
Yeah he definitely is, no doubt about that.
>>
>>16947736
That's true. But apparently, or at least according to a conversation I was in where another friend asked my best friend who Ser 'liked', he liked this other girl in our class and has for a while. So I have no clue.

>>16947754
That's a possibility, except I do my best to smile at him when he talks to the group and stuff.
Also, my best friend already is in a relationship, that's been a thing long before I showed up.
>>
>>16947816

nah you missed it

Your "best friend" wants you, and his best friend is staying away out of courtesy
>>
>>16947821
That can't be it; my best friend already has a girlfriend.
>>
>>16947833
>>16947820

Then it sounds like you're that new irritating person that just starts hanging out with a group, and no one knows how to tactfully tell you to fuck off because they'll upset your friend.
>>
>>16947838
No it's not that either. My best friend was the one who introduced me to the group and aside from Ser, everyone's been incredibly inclusive and invites me to parties, after school, to events etc. Pretty sure they wouldn't do that if they wanted me to fuck off
>>
>>16947820
Why would he say he likes you so casually when he hasnt even confessed to you? Are you stupid?
Of course he would lie if he's not a normalfag chad
Either that or this>>16947838
And I dont think it would be easy for you to know what he really thinks, he either hates you or likes you but is socially retarded and doesnt know how to react with you and some things he would say or do will seem rude to you and make you think he hates you
>>
>>16947869
No but Ser wasn't in the conversation about who he liked. The others were just talking about him.
>>
>>16947882
Its not impossible to like multiple people when you arent with any of them
Actually its quite normal
Maybe he got over liking that girl and now likes you instead
>>
>>16947917
I haven't gotten a sign at all from him if he really does like me. I mean, I'd be happy to go out with him, he seems nice enough, but what makes me think otherwise is that he hasn't added me on FB. That's a pretty big indicator he dislikes me.
>>
>>16947920
Socially retarded people dont give signs like normal people
Its hard to figure them out, read >>16947869
again
>>
>>16947922
So what do I do?
>>
>>16947922
>>16947933
Also I don't think he's socially retarded, he gets along with everyone else - even the girl he supposedly likes - just fine.
>>
Go for it op, just fuck him
>>
>>16947287
Jealous much
>>
>ser likes anons friend.
>ser thinks friend likes anon
>ser doesn't like anon
Kinky
>>
>>16948208
>OP here
? What do you mean?
>>
>>16948215
My best friend has a girlfriend though. What makes you think he likes me?
>>
>>16947666
>tsun
Fucking weeaboo

>>16947713
Dude, he doesn't like you, and it doesn't sound like a hidden crush. Some girls just have a bad aura, seems like you're one of those.

The reasons vary and they don't matter. He doesn't like you, so leave him alone. If you can't, ask him about it straight away. Problem solved.
>>
>>16948287
My thoughts exactly, pretty much. Idk why everyone here thinks he has a hidden crush on me; him not adding me on FB shows he probably doesn't.
>>
>>16948303
LEAVE
HIM
ALONE
alright ?
>>
>>16948303
Because even tho there are a lot of robots on here, many /adv/isors have their hang for some romance

Seriously though, leave him alone or ask him straight away. /thread
>>
>>16948332
Jeez sorry.

>>16948340
I'll leave the matter alone then.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.