[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I got my first speeding ticket last week going 14 over the limit.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1457069753403.jpg (56KB, 540x429px) Image search: [Google]
1457069753403.jpg
56KB, 540x429px
I got my first speeding ticket last week going 14 over the limit. For some reason the tickets in this particular county are much higher than surrounding areas ($275 for going 1-14 over).

Basically I'm wondering if I should go to the court date and try to get the price reduced since it was my first ticket after 6 years of driving. Obviously I won't contest the ticket because I'm guilty. I would also really like to do traffic school to keep it from fucking up my insurance.

tl;dr Should I go to the court date for a first time ticket to plead guilty? I really have no idea if it is worth it
>>
Ask them to reduce it to a non-reporting violation.

Sometimes you can go if it is a small courthouse even before your court date and ask.
You will pay the fine in full but you wont get points on your license and your insurance company wont know.

Or try to contest and hope the cop doesnt show up.
>>
>>16947014
It is a pretty small town, so perhaps I could try the non-reporting violation idea. Who would I ask to speak to once I'm there? Thanks for the advice by the way.
>>
>>16946997
They may allow you to make low, low, monthly payments. You should call up the borough (local courthouse, number in the back) and ask.
>>
>>16947014
>contest and hope cop doesnt show up

This should be the first thing you try OP. In some counties it isn't mandatory for officers to show up to court so they'll either forget or blow it off. So just ask for a trial by judge, should be an option for that on the ticket, and then ask to reschedule the court date. Hope he doesn't show up and it gets dismissed.

If he shows up anyway then go ahead and plead guilty, but it doesn't hurt to try to get it dismissed. I've gotten tickets dismissed this way.

If you do have to pay you can usually work out a payment plan with the county clerk. It's a really small amount so I'm not sure how it would work but they should be able to do something for you. Might not reduce it but might give you a payment plan.
>>
>>16946997
dont know your sitch but....

1st ticket, you say? your insurance is fine, but don't get another one for at least a year.

Pay the ticket...What is your job? Whatever it is, even if you make like $10/hr, it will cost you $80 in missed work, plus travel expeses.
>>
>>16947358
Don't do this, OP. A small town cop would show up. Then you're paying extra fees. Just pay the ticket.
>>
>>16947469
Ignore both of these faggots.

Got to a traffic center and pay them another hundredish or so to get the ticket reduced to a non moving violation.

Won't be on your record, hold you back years down the road when a clean driving record may come in handy.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.