[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mental Health Advice Please

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 4
Thread images: 1

File: 1455265096815.jpg (70KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
1455265096815.jpg
70KB, 640x800px
Hey /adv/,
I need some help deciding if I should change psychologist or if I'm just expecting too much from therapy?

A little backstory; abused by father as a child, including sexual and physical abuse. As an adult now, the police actually have enough evidence to charge and try my father for the crimes. I am not handling the stress of up coming court dates, outcomes, etc.

Last visit to my psyche was basically her telling me I am emotional and dramatic; breathing exercises and that I need to control my anger if I'm going to be a good witness.
I don't feel any of this was helpful at all; isn't it expected I would be emotional at this time and shouldn't she be helping me understand and deal with my anger?

Am I expecting too much?
I just feel there is horrible fears and anger inside me and I can't live forever with it- however my psych has said we don't need to talk about such things as they are in the past?
>>
>>16946958
I think it is best for you to change to a different psychologist. It doesn't seem like the one who you currently have is listening to you and your needs. You are currently facing a very stressful life event, and I think your concerns should not be taken lightly.
>>
>>16946996
Thank you for your response.
Its weird having a psyche who doesn't want to 'go deeper'; its like she thinks I'm only there because court is stressful when really seeing my father again is stressful and I feel like a helpless child... All things I've told her too :(
My next appointment is tomorrow and I guess if I still feel the same leaving I will change.
>>
Calling you 'emotional and dramatic' is dismissive language, and this is a bad therapist. You should absolutely see a different one.

As someone who's been through about 4 therapists myself, it's pretty common that you just won't 'gel' with some of them. Keep trying.
Thread posts: 4
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.