[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>/fit/ >not bad looking >have a weird off putting personality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

File: 1387557591404.jpg (42KB, 495x636px) Image search: [Google]
1387557591404.jpg
42KB, 495x636px
>/fit/
>not bad looking
>have a weird off putting personality

How do I change my personality? Frequently I notice that people don't talk to me, I have to talk to them. Like they don't want to talk to me. How do I change this around? Is there any rules of thumb for talking to people? How do I be somebody people want to talk to exactly? I used to like being me, but my normal personality just isn't liked and wanted by people.
>>
>>16946901
>How do I change my personality? Frequently I notice that people don't talk to me, I have to talk to them. Like they don't want to talk to me. How do I change this around? Is there any rules of thumb for talking to people? How do I be somebody people want to talk to exactly? I used to like being me, but my normal personality just isn't liked and wanted by people.

Maybe instead of changing who you are, is to find people that are just as weird.

They are all over the place, trust me.
>>
>>16946908
I wish it was that simple, in my field of work our best friends are supposed to be our co-workers. I mean, I guess they see me as a friend, but rather then a good friend, more that naive third wheel that tags along without ever being exclusively invited a lot.

I'm currently in a major west coast fire academy for a major city department. It's my new job and occupation, I get paid and everything. These are guys I've sweat and bled with the past 3 months, and we still have 3 more to go. I want to make some life long friends out of this, and to carry on to the job exactly.
>>
>>16946901
Do you smile much? If you already smile a lot, have you looked in the mirror to see if your smile looks genuine? I think being a pleasant person goes a long way for a start.

Try being the one to say "hi" first. If anyone asks "how are you?" try to say something that begins a conversation rather than saying "fine", such as something about an upcoming holiday or there being less/more work than usual.

People love to talk about themselves, ask them questions (that aren't too personal). Listen to what your coworkers talk about and what questions they ask, then mimic those. Eventually you'll learn what topics are good.

Help your coworkers out sometimes without them asking you to. Ask them questions about how to do something if they've been there longer than you have. If you start with these small things, gradually people should come to feel familiar with you and be more friendly. It can take quite some time to become good friends, so don't sweat it if it's only been 3 months. I'm not sure what else to suggest without more details about why people might be avoiding you, but best of luck and don't lose hope.
>>
You're probably so nervous that you're being disingenuous, or at the very least coming off that way.

I know this is basically meme advice, but just relax and be yourself. Even if your personalities dont mesh 100% immediately people will be at ease and open up to you more if you're open with them.
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.