[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>downtown LA >vacation with gf >walking back to our

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1456636106409.jpg (109KB, 500x439px) Image search: [Google]
1456636106409.jpg
109KB, 500x439px
>downtown LA
>vacation with gf
>walking back to our hotel from little tokyo
>good evening so far
>notice she looks a little nervous and suddenly really close to me
>not a bad thing but it's weird for her
>ask what's up
>she says she gets nervous walking at night outside
>try and pry more out of her but she insists that she'd rather not talk about it
>bothers me for the rest of the walk back to our hotel
>we're about to go to sleep and i ask her again
>she hesitates before telling me her fears about getting jumped and getting assaulted by some random guy
>try and tell her it won't happen but she says it's just something that sits in the back of her head
I guess my question here is is there a way to help her not be scared? We're not with each other all the time so that's what makes me nervous. Are there things I can say or do?
>>
Any normal person is wary walking around downtown LA at night. I live here and wouldn't do it if I didn't have to.
>>
>>16946488
>I guess my question here is is there a way to help her not be scared?
Being scared of something like that is healthy. She should be cautious.
>>
>>16946488
there's nothing you can do
>>
Why the fuck would you vacation in downtown LA?
>>
>>16946601
I guess people think it's going to be "glamorous" when most of downtown and Hollywood is a complete shithole full of trash and bums. The saddest part is there are so many actual "glamorous" vacation spots in Southern California, even within LA county.
>>
Why wouldn't she be scared of walking at night in downtown LA? You sound like a dumb clueless suburban kid.
>>
She's smarter than you are. Most street crimes are crimes of opportunity and the victims are usually people who aren't paying attention to their surroundings. It's good that she's cautious--even overly cautious--walking outside at night. Our senses are fucking designed to be constantly scanning our environment for threats.
>>
>>16946601
Lately we had been unable to see each other so we planned a vacation. I love California so I suggested it and she said sure.
>>16946678
I live fairly close to the city but I never really walk anywhere unless I absolutely have to.
>>16946705
It's not just the city though, she's scared to go out at night period. She told me how one of her ex-boyfriends got mad at her because he was a couple minutes walk from her house for work and she wouldn't go out to meet up with him because it was dark out.
>>
>>16946554
I'd just rather she be less scared to leave her house. As soon as the sun goes down, she tenses up.
>>
>>16946488
Be glad she feels safe with you. Stop bothering her about it and walk confidently when she's clinging on to you. Exact same thing happened to me when I was going out with my ex in downtown LA.
>>
>>16946705
If she's referring to sexual assault it's rarely a stranger
>>
>>16946488

Skid Row is like 2 blocks from Little Tokyo. Fucking Hulk Hogan is scared to walk there at night.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.