[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after being turned down by yet another crush, I'm going

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

So after being turned down by yet another crush, I'm going to need to start looking elsewhere for hookups.

Any one tried online dating? Where is good? Do I have to pay to be on a good service or are there free ones?

UK based here.
>>
Most people here tend to say it's awful. I'm hardly a reference but I had much more luck irl than online. Online dating is just a numbers game. Quite depressing. Plus it's the most superficial thing ever.
>>
>>16946230
Online dating only works if you're the top 10% of attractiveness (as a man), and even then you'll be punching substantially below your weight.

Joining local clubs and societies is an excellent place to start; if you live near a university, many of their clubs will be open to non-students.

Volunteering is an excellent way to meet 18-25s and shop work (evenings, weekends) is an excellent way to meet 16-18s.

Good luck famalam
>>
I'm tired of the free shit, I'm thinking maybe the pay ones are better but not sure. Maybe the UK is different but in the US it blows, it can seem like a part time job if you let it, there's a lot of false hope and canceled dates as well.
>>
>>16946230
I remember my online dating adventure. I turned up for the date. My date didn't look exactly like her picture but I thought hey lets go with it. She was rude, didn't pay for anything or say thanks and ordered the most expensive items. She then talked about the others she dated. I got the sense that she did this for free meals. I've heard that there is a type of woman who regularly does this on online dating. Anyway she drunk too much so I got my moneys worth in the end.... argh yeah
>>
>>16946589
Followup:

The most effective online dating scene in the UK is *by far* tinder, but (as you might guess) it's considerably more superficial than other sites/apps.

You need to have rock solid self confidence to date online because no-matter how attractive you are, you'll get ignored a lot, potentially even completely.

You will go weeks without matches and potentially months without dates - if you can't handle rejection very well, don't get into it.
>>
>>16946616
Yeah I'm swiping on Tinder and getting nothing. Or the matches I do get, 0 replies to any messages I send.
>>
>>16946589
>Online dating only works if you're the top 10% of attractiveness (as a man)

That's pretty much how all dating works.
>>
>>16946671
If girls invite me to visit them does that make me the top 10%?
>>
>>16946680
Dude, you're a 4chan tripfag. That means you're in the top .5%
>>
>>16946230
Online dating is crap. they let you make a profile for free, but if you want to message anyone or respond, you have to pay a subscription for that shit.
>>
>>16946682
fugg I better hide my assets before I feel the bern
>>
>>16946684
It's not 2004, m8.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.